Should downstate IL secede? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:56:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Should downstate IL secede? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should it?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 50

Author Topic: Should downstate IL secede?  (Read 1621 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: June 19, 2017, 09:20:45 PM »

Yes. I don't care if it hurts my party, it's just the right thing for the sake of community representation.

Uh, no it's not. The new state would be an economic basket case and would have no money. Much like upstate NY downstate Illinois relies on metro Chicago to fund it.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 10:53:33 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2017, 10:56:10 PM by Compassion Fills the Void »

Yes. I don't care if it hurts my party, it's just the right thing for the sake of community representation.

Uh, no it's not. The new state would be an economic basket case and would have no money. Much like upstate NY downstate Illinois relies on metro Chicago to fund it.

Every state relies on its main population center to fund it, there's just an army of morons who insist of always separating ours for the sake of hypotheticals.  Our state without all of Chicagoland is almost as big as yours with the Twin Cities.

...which is an economically vibrant region. So are many places in outstate Minnesota too.

And many of the economically vibrant places downstate wouldn't be in an independent state, let's see how well Champaign does if it's no longer an in state school for people from metro Chicago.

Also haven't you not lived in Illinois since you were four? I'm closer to being a North Dakotan than you are to an Illinoisan.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies