Predictions on how Florida Gov election plays out (for those in Florida)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:14:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Predictions on how Florida Gov election plays out (for those in Florida)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Predictions on how Florida Gov election plays out (for those in Florida)  (Read 778 times)
SCNCmod

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 12, 2018, 12:10:26 AM »

For those in Florida... What is your best prediction on how the Gov election plays out...

I would have thought that Putnam would be the Repub nominee... but after seeing a bit of the debate- DeSantis seems likely to capture Repub primary voters who I assume will be majority die-hard Trump voters.  Also I would have assumed that Gwen Graham would win the Dem nom... but Levine seems to be leading recent polls.   I also assume Graham or Levine would probably beat DeSantis ... and be slightly favored over Putnam.

... So who do you think will win the Primaries.. and then who do you think will win the General?
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 09:01:40 PM »

For those in Florida... What is your best prediction on how the Gov election plays out...

I would have thought that Putnam would be the Repub nominee... but after seeing a bit of the debate- DeSantis seems likely to capture Repub primary voters who I assume will be majority die-hard Trump voters.  Also I would have assumed that Gwen Graham would win the Dem nom... but Levine seems to be leading recent polls.   I also assume Graham or Levine would probably beat DeSantis ... and be slightly favored over Putnam.

... So who do you think will win the Primaries.. and then who do you think will win the General?

Not from FL but I have more than a few friends there. They say Graham and Levine are pretty uninspiring but see DeSantis signs everywhere (they're in Osceola County btw). A couple of them are Democrats and say they'll vote for Nelson probably but leave Governor blank because they wanted John Morgan to run.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 09:52:41 PM »

DeSantis is the weaker GOP candidate,  Levine is the weaker Dem candidate.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 09:57:06 PM »

Not getting that many FL posters here.

The R primary will likely fall to Desantis. He is the weaker candidate, so a + for Dems.

The D primary is...confusing, to say the least. I have no idea who will win that race. Levine has lead for most of the race, but Greene has come up and taken the lead recently. Gwen has been second and first for most of the race. Gillum is gaining traction, but I dont think he wins. I also have no idea who is stronger, as they are all really the same. Gwen has the family name, and Levine/Greene have money. Gillum is AA and is the most progressive, but, again, dont think he wins.

Overall, a tossup, but I think a slight tilt to the Dems if Desantis wins the primary.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 10:18:39 PM »

Yes, Graham will win primary and general
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 07:52:27 AM »

DeSantis wins GOP primary.

Graham wins the DEM primary and selects Chris King to be her running mate.

General election is a toss up to tilt Graham most of the race. Graham wins by 3%.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2018, 08:12:50 AM »

Graham's name is universal like her Father
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2018, 08:52:03 AM »

45% of Democrats have no idea who she is
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2018, 11:36:01 AM »

45% of Democrats have no idea who she is

They know that Putin is the face of the Oval office and Cubans and FL are opposed to Putin
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2018, 08:14:09 PM »

DeSantis just SURGED ahead in the polls by 12 points.  He's up 42-30 on Putnam right now.

https://www.politico.com/states/florida/story/2018/07/17/poll-shows-trump-endorsement-gives-desantis-an-edge-in-florida-governors-race-513549

DeSantis's ads present him as qualified, and show Trump endorsing him strongly.  Putnam has run this cornpone "Faith, Family, Hate Evil Hollywood" campaign that people have seen through. 

It's likely that Putnam would be DeSantis's LT. Gov running mate.  The candidates don't have to name a running mate at all, and they don't name one now until after the primary.

I don't believe the polls that show Philip Levine in the lead for the Democrats.  Jeff Greene just entered the race with money, and he caught up to Levine quickly; both of those guys, however, are about 10 points behind Gwen Graham, whom most people believe will be the nominee.  I support Graham, and have considered registering as a Democrat for the primary, but this would virtually disenfranchise me for some important local races. 
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2018, 08:49:03 PM »

DeSantis just SURGED ahead in the polls by 12 points.  He's up 42-30 on Putnam right now.

https://www.politico.com/states/florida/story/2018/07/17/poll-shows-trump-endorsement-gives-desantis-an-edge-in-florida-governors-race-513549

DeSantis's ads present him as qualified, and show Trump endorsing him strongly.  Putnam has run this cornpone "Faith, Family, Hate Evil Hollywood" campaign that people have seen through. 

It's likely that Putnam would be DeSantis's LT. Gov running mate.  The candidates don't have to name a running mate at all, and they don't name one now until after the primary.

I don't believe the polls that show Philip Levine in the lead for the Democrats.  Jeff Greene just entered the race with money, and he caught up to Levine quickly; both of those guys, however, are about 10 points behind Gwen Graham, whom most people believe will be the nominee.  I support Graham, and have considered registering as a Democrat for the primary, but this would virtually disenfranchise me for some important local races. 

Pleasantly surprised you’re a Graham supporter. Do you plan to vote for her in the general/do you think she will win?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies