Wulfric for Fremont Prime Minister
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:49:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Wulfric for Fremont Prime Minister
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wulfric for Fremont Prime Minister  (Read 1091 times)
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 18, 2017, 07:39:52 PM »
« edited: August 14, 2017, 04:27:34 PM by Dwarven Dragon »

See below for new campaign post. The old senate post is preserved here:

Hello, my name is Wulfric, and I am running for the Fremont Senate Seat in the upcoming federal election. I will vote for PiT for Senate PPT, but this does not mean that I intend to vote in lockstep with the federalist agenda. At the top, I will pledge the following:

1. That I will not vote in favor of any bill that I have not personally read in full.
2. That I will not vote to increase the deficit unless circumstances leave no other rational decision.
3. That regardless of who wins the presidential election, I will vote for or against bills solely on their merits (except as stated under 1.), and never based on the party of the congressperson or president that proposed it.

The following are general statements on the issues. These cannot and do not cover every situation, and I do not believe that compromise is a dirty word. I may cast votes which seem to go against these statements if I feel that the bill as a whole is good for Atlasia despite containing provisions which with I disagree. Please feel free to ask me to clarify any of this or talk about an issue that is not covered. :

Infrastructure - I fully support the DFW agenda on this issue.

Health Care - I believe that the real life Affordable Care Act (ObamaCare) is a decent blueprint, but it is far from perfect. Certain provisions such as the medical device tax, the cadillac tax, and the 30 hour rule would be very unlikely to earn my support. Meanwhile, there are also provisions that I believe should be added into the ObamaCare model, such as a public option, a longer open enrollment period, and adding dental services to the list of services that health plans must offer.

Income Taxes - I do not believe it is wise to cut income taxes unless we are running a budget surplus or in dire economic circumstances. However, I do not believe income taxes should be increased unless there is at least a 3 to 1 ratio of spending cuts to income tax increases on a particular joint enactment date. I am firmly opposed to a national sales tax such as the FAIR tax. I am also firmly opposed to a  flat tax.

Corporate Taxes - No corporation should be taxed at a rate higher than 20%. The corporate tax code should include as few loopholes and deductions as possible, aside from a reward for any company who relocates from overseas to Atlasia.

Estate Tax - I am opposed to an estate tax.

Drug Legalization - Tobacco, Alcohol, and Marijuana should be legal starting at age 18, but should be taxed heavily. For other drugs, nonviolent offenders should never be punished with more than five years in Prison, with no minimum sentence requirement. Mandatory Treatment should always be a substitute for Prison on the first nonviolent offense. Even in Prison, the focus should be on rehabilitation and not punishment. I stand opposed to any effort to legalize cocaine.

Same Sex Marriage - While we should work to create reasonable religious accommodations for county clerks, officiators, and other wedding-related servicers, the right to same sex marriage should be preserved.

Abortion - Abortion should only be permitted in case of rape, incest, life of the mother, or severe fetal abnormalities. For the last two, the approval of two doctors should be required. No other exceptions should be allowed. Parental Notification (consent not required) should be required for under 18s. I fully support birth control, including Plan B and IUDs, as well as comprehensive sex education.

Capital Punishment - Capital Punishment should be reserved for mass murderers and those who commit murder while in Prison. In all other cases, it should never be used.

Trade - I fully support free trade, including deals along the lines of NAFTA and TPP, and believe it is a great asset to Atlasia and the world.

Immigration - I am supportive of a path to legal status or citizenship for any undocumented immigrants as long as it is part of a comprehensive plan that includes increased border security.

Welfare - In line with the federalist platform, I believe that no one should be on welfare permanently, and that such programs should be designed as a "hand-up" rather than a "hand-out".

Defense Spending - I believe that a strong defense is important, but that we also should be very careful to not overspend and should choose diplomacy over war whenever possible. We should close any overseas bases that we do not have a direct necessity for, refuse to police the world, and remain neutral in conflicts that do not affect us unless there is a clear and time-sensitive risk that they may start to affect us.

Presidential Nominations (Cabinet, Judicial, and otherwise) - I believe that all nominees should be evaluated only on their merits and experience, and not based on their religion, their political party, or the political party of the president. I will never be afraid to vote against a nominee I believe is wrong for Atlasia, even if I am the deciding vote. I believe that the ideal supreme court judge would be someone roughly ideologically equivalent to John Roberts.

--------------------

I will close with this: If the polls are to be believed, we are about to witness the election of Clyde to the Presidency of Atlasia. If Clyde is elected president, we need a check, not a rubber stamp. I will stand up to the Clyde Presidency and work to prevent any harm to Atlasian Citizens during it. Members within or allying with labor, on the other hand, will be blindly obedient to a Clyde administration.

Thanks for reading.

Endorsements:

- President dfwlibertylover
- Representative Leinad
- Speaker of the House North Carolina Yankee
- Southern Speaker Fhtagn
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 07:41:18 PM »

Endorsed! (although on a personal note my internal numbers dont show me losing and Atlasia polls are Atlasia polls Tongue )
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 01:23:03 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Meanwhile, Barnes's claim to not be a rubber stamp for a potential Clyde administration points to the fact that he has held many offices before in Atlasia. This, however, proves nothing. One's ability to be a rubber stamp does not change with time in office. Barnes also points to the fact that he has not always been in the labor party, but this is only because he was in the game before the labor party. He joined the labor party very early on, as shown by the fact that he was their first presidential nominee. His long membership in the labor party, and high prominence within it, is proof alone that he is an establishment stooge and would be a rubber stamp for a Clyde administration. On the other hand, I am an independent, and when I have been in political parties in the past, they have always been centrist parties, and as I showed when I voted for Adam Griffin in his first presidential run, I was not afraid to go against leadership when it was best for Atlasia. Barnes also points to his creation of the Northeastern assembly, but the creation of a legislative body is a fully nonpartisan issue and does not prove independence from leadership.

I also take this opportunity to assert that I stand fully opposed to any military intervention into North Korea.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 01:46:29 AM »

Endorsed!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 05:06:11 AM »

Health Care - I believe that the real life Affordable Care Act (ObamaCare) is a decent blueprint, but it is far from perfect. Certain provisions such as the medical device tax, the cadillac tax, and the 30 hour rule would be very unlikely to earn my support. Meanwhile, there are also provisions that I believe should be added into the ObamaCare model, such as a public option, a longer open enrollment period, and adding dental services to the list of services that health plans must offer.

The bill the President has been working on has dental listed among the public option's covered provisions and to my knowledge enrollment is open all year.

This is especially critical in case a region fails to offer required coverage options, say a regional public option or co-op shuts down or a regional regulation causes an exchange to fail to offer preventative care or something, people can enroll in the AtlasCare program at any time.

So that aspect is not only part of the program, it is necessary to enable the regional involvement.

Anyway, Endorsed!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 05:07:30 AM »

Endorsed!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 12:07:48 PM »

pineapple on pizza - yes or no
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 12:38:53 PM »

Yes, although I don't see how that's relevant to the job I'm running for.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 04:42:34 PM »

I will close with this: If the polls are to be believed, we are about to witness the election of Clyde to the Presidency of Atlasia. If Clyde is elected president, we need a check, not a rubber stamp. I will stand up to the Clyde Presidency and work to prevent any harm to Atlasian Citizens during it. Members within or allying with labor, on the other hand, will be blindly obedient to a Clyde administration.
Labor members do have a mind of their own. If they don't like any legislation that I've proposed - they would be correct to vote against it, or attempt to amend it. This is true of any bill; blinding following is an act of folly. People should consider the merits of the bill, not the person who proposed the bill. I would like to know which of my policies that you think the people of Atlasia need protecting from.

People should vote for who they believe will be the best person to fill each office. If people want to vote for Barnes and oppose me in for the Presidency, they're free to do that. Voting for any candidate is not rubber stamping another candidate. Everyone has their own views and they will oppose legislation should they think it's the right thing to do.

I should add the I do not consider myself to be the favourite to win this election, according to my own figures. That's of course not to say that I can't win the Presidential election, but I believe that the polls are a long way from the true position of the campaign.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2017, 09:44:19 PM »

The Election begins at midnight tonight. I call on every voter to ask themselves one fundamental question: Do you want a rubber stamp establishment stooge for Labor, and for Clyde if he wins, or do you want someone who will stand up to both the Laborites and Federalists when they are wrong for Atlasia, work across the aisle, and work for the people and not for party leaders? If your answer is the latter, then I am your candidate.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2017, 04:15:44 PM »

I call upon every voter to avoid being discouraged by the early totals, and to continue on voting with a sense of great bravery, against a labor rubber stamp in Barnes, and for someone who will truly work for the people of Atlasia.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2017, 11:21:29 PM »

We are a third of the way through the election, and it is clear that we are giving Labor a run for its money. But we need even more support to win the election. I call on the remaining electorate to get out and vote for this campaign, the only senate campaign that will truly work for the people of Fremont!
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2017, 01:01:18 AM »

As we enter the final day of voting, it is clear that we are in a nail-biter race with Barnes. I call on every remaining voter to see if they have even the smallest bit of feeling that a labor rubber stamp is bad, and that an independent outsider is at least a little better, and if so, to vote for my campaign. For DFW voters, consider that Barnes will NEVER vote with DFW, while I will vote with him when it is best for the people. For Clyde voters, consider that Barnes will vote with Clyde, and the broader labor movement, blindly, no matter what is proposed, while I will take an honest look at every bill that is in the senate, read it in full, and make an informed decision. Again, if you have even the smallest bit of confidence that an independent outsider is what we need in the senate, or that a labor rubber stamp is not what we need, please vote for my campaign. We can win this!!!
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2017, 12:18:49 AM »

While the results of this election were not what we all hoped for, let's look at the positive aspects. On a week long campaign, with no official allegiance to any major party, and against an establishment figure who had been campaigning for over two months, we received 40% of the vote. We carried six states. In two others, including California, which had the highest turnout, it was a tie. In two other states, we avoided a unanimous defeat. The race was closer than the Lincoln Senate Race, and closer than the Presidential race. We forced Barnes to generate a late labor surge to secure victory after we were only 4% behind him after the first two days. And we called attention to the 100% Labor voting record that he will likely have in office.

I thank every single Atlasian who came out from the hivemind and cast a vote for my outsider campaign. It is because of you that we avoided falling below 40% despite a late labor surge. It is because of you that we nearly won the state of California. It is because of you that this campaign got to where it did despite only having a week and being up against an establishment figure who campaigned for more than two months.

I fully congratulate Barnes on the victory that he has achieved. I implore him to truly not be afraid of voting against Labor when it is right, and to prove to us all that his claim to not be a rubber stamp is true, in his upcoming term in the Senate. I would also like to congratulate DFW on his re-election, and  Speaker Yankee on keeping a working majority in the house of representatives. We avoided a labor trifecta in this election, and avoided complete labor control of the legislative branch, and that is what is most important.

Again, thanks to all of you for your support. I hope to have it again should I run for office in the future. Good night, god bless you, and God bless Atlasia!
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2017, 04:33:04 PM »

Hello, I am announcing that I am running for Fremont Prime Minister, mostly to provide an accurate way to measure opposition to long time pm Harry Truman and not force anyone to vote for  him due to lack of other
options on the ballot. My platform is in the OP, and I am happy to state positions on unmentioned issues at the request of a citizen. If somehow elected, I will serve the Fremont people with integrity, and limit myself to no more than two full terms in office.
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2017, 05:15:27 PM »

Hello, I am announcing that I am running for Fremont Prime Minister, mostly to provide an accurate way to measure opposition to long time pm Harry Truman and not force anyone to vote for  him due to lack of other
options on the ballot. My platform is in the OP, and I am happy to state positions on unmentioned issues at the request of a citizen. If somehow elected, I will serve the Fremont people with integrity, and limit myself to no more than two full terms in office.
You don't have my vote.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2017, 05:18:44 PM »

Will you use your position to advocate for direct democracy?
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2017, 07:08:13 PM »

Will you use your position to advocate for direct democracy?

I believe that an amendment to the Fremont Constitution should be approved through direct democracy, and am not opposed to direct democracy to repeal bills passed by the house of commons. But I believe it to be impractical for the passage of new laws, and do not support abolishment of the house of commons.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies