Millennials and Howard Dean Triggered: SCOTUS = no hate speech exception to 1st.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:38:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Millennials and Howard Dean Triggered: SCOTUS = no hate speech exception to 1st.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Millennials and Howard Dean Triggered: SCOTUS = no hate speech exception to 1st.  (Read 1790 times)
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2017, 11:35:58 PM »

Active harassment and dehumanization being declared a fundamental right is not a good thing.

THe ACLU, yes. They actually had a Jewish leader defend neo-Nazi's rights to march through a Jewish neighborhood.

SJWs, of course not.

So the ACLU supports the active protection of the right to glorify genocide to those victimized to it in their own neighborhoods.

So you oppose the right of protest, then?
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2017, 08:24:01 AM »

Active harassment and dehumanization being declared a fundamental right is not a good thing.

THe ACLU, yes. They actually had a Jewish leader defend neo-Nazi's rights to march through a Jewish neighborhood.

SJWs, of course not.

So the ACLU supports the active protection of the right to glorify genocide to those victimized to it in their own neighborhoods.

I oppose the idea that neo-nazis have a right to shove their genocide advocatism down the throats of a Jewish community.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2017, 08:39:16 AM »

SJWs and the ACLU are not on the same page anymore. I may often disagree with the ACLU, but their intellectual consistency and stubborn defense of the first amendment against all comers is to be deeply admired.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2017, 08:41:06 AM »

SJWs, of course not.

I oppose the idea that neo-nazis have a right to shove their genocide advocatism down the throats of a Jewish community.

And are you always confident that the laws allowing the suppression of unpopular opinions will be set by those supporting the side of good?
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2017, 09:33:57 AM »

SJWs, of course not.

And are you always confident that the laws allowing the suppression of unpopular opinions will be set by those supporting the side of good?

Saying a group of people is bad based on ethnicity, religion, etc can pretty easily be defined separately from other forms of speech.
vanguard96
United States

« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2017, 10:18:07 AM »

The Washington Redskins organization is happy about the announcement too.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2017, 12:02:06 PM »

SJWs, of course not.

Saying a group of people is bad based on ethnicity, religion, etc can pretty easily be defined separately from other forms of speech.

Once the near-absolute protection is removed, there's no legal barrier preventing that standard from being expanded to, say, "seditious speech".

Right now, the extremely high standard of essentially "Crying fire in a crowded theater" or actively trying to incite violence protects us all.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2017, 02:08:12 PM »

SJWs, of course not.

Until the types of groups which get this special protection become so numerous that no one will be able to think anymore.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2017, 11:40:09 AM »

SJWs, of course not.

Once the near-absolute protection is removed, there's no legal barrier preventing that standard from being expanded to, say, "seditious speech".

I mean, advocating an ideology known mostly for advocating genocide in the communities of people who would be victims of said genocide if the advocates got there way is pretty clearly meant to hurt, harrass, and intimidate. All of which are unprotected by the first amendment.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies