NV-SEN: Rosen in
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:03:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NV-SEN: Rosen in
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Author Topic: NV-SEN: Rosen in  (Read 22178 times)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2017, 05:00:53 AM »

I think out of Kihuen, Marshall and Titus she's probably the weakest candidate. Seems kinda weird the Nevada D's are already in her corner.

I think she's stronger than Titus.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2017, 01:44:51 PM »

She'll never win. Heller will win in a landslide, because "reasons". /Republican off
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2017, 01:45:59 PM »

She'll never win. Heller will win in a landslide, because "reasons". /Republican off

Are you malfunctioning?

Just imitating the Republicans on this board. Polls have shown Heller trailing, but they just don't think he'll lose for some unknown reason.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2017, 02:10:39 PM »

During my campaign work in Las Vegas, I sat next to Jacky Rosen on a couch making some volunteer calls once.

Although she was a first time candidate, she wasn't awkward at all. She was very personable and funny, and would occasionally come to our office to make calls just as her volunteers would.

In 2016 she was one of the very rare 'Democratic House/Trump' districts, so that's good news. I only hope that we find a decent House candidate to hold this seat in 2018.
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2017, 05:36:58 AM »

I think out of Kihuen, Marshall and Titus she's probably the weakest candidate. Seems kinda weird the Nevada D's are already in her corner.

I think Rosen is stronger than Titus and Marshall, no question. Winning a suburban Trump seat as a non-incumbent is still a big feat. And Marshall and Titus have proven to be lackluster in the past in campaigns. Kihuen may be stronger, but he underperformed his district's lean pretty badly in 2012.

Yes, but Danny Tarkanian was a god awful candidate and the Harold Stassen of Nevada, and she still almost lost.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2017, 11:48:03 AM »

I think Rosen is stronger than Titus and Marshall, no question. Winning a suburban Trump seat as a non-incumbent is still a big feat. And Marshall and Titus have proven to be lackluster in the past in campaigns. Kihuen may be stronger, but he underperformed his district's lean pretty badly in 2012.

Yes, but Danny Tarkanian was a god awful candidate and the Harold Stassen of Nevada, and she still almost lost.

Points for a Harold Stassen reference!
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2017, 04:26:03 PM »

http://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/heller-will-not-support-draft-senate-gop-health-bill

Heller isn't supporting the current version of the healthcare bill.
Murkowski and Collins (and Flake, presumably) have yet to state their positions, but I think in the end only one other member will end up voting against the healthcare bill, with Pence giving the 51st vote.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2017, 04:39:55 PM »

http://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/heller-will-not-support-draft-senate-gop-health-bill

Murkowski and Collins (and Flake, presumably) have yet to state their positions, but I think in the end only one other member will end up voting against the healthcare bill, with Pence giving the 51st vote.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if Heller is coerced into voting for it though, particularly if Paul continues with his kamikaze crusade and McConnell needs a last vote

I hope to god Kentucky realizes how foolish Rand is and votes him out eventually.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2017, 04:56:02 PM »

I wouldn't at all be surprised if Heller is coerced into voting for it though, particularly if Paul continues with his kamikaze crusade and McConnell needs a last vote

I hope to god Kentucky realizes how foolish Rand is and votes him out eventually.
Heaven forbid our party have one internal ombudsman!
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2017, 08:41:18 PM »

After this whole big press conference with Sandoval announcing his opposition? It would be political suicide.

It mig happen though.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2017, 08:46:12 PM »

After this whole big press conference with Sandoval announcing his opposition? It would be political suicide.

It mig happen though.

If it does, congratulations Senator Rosen.
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2017, 08:56:45 PM »

This is probably obvious but I'll post this anyway, but while Heller is a goner if he votes for it, he isn't a shoo-in if he votes against it. Ask the Blue Dog Democrats.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2017, 11:07:50 PM »

This is probably obvious but I'll post this anyway, but while Heller is a goner if he votes for it, he isn't a shoo-in if he votes against it. Ask the Blue Dog Democrats.

Who let the blue dogs out? 🐶
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2017, 11:46:44 PM »

That's...unusual, to say the least. I can't really say I see the logic behind this one. I mean, she's a better candidate than Titus in the sense that she's younger and a newer name, but Rick Berg has already demonstrated that running freshman representatives for high-stakes Senate seats is a risky business.

Tom Cotton provides a counterexample, though. National environment matters.
I didn't even follow politics that much back in 2013, but I remember when Tom Cotton announced really soon that he'd run for Senate, I already saw the writing on the wall and he really just screamed "naked ambition" so, so obviously.

I think the worst was when Bobby Jindal was a US Representative for like a year before getting elected governor in 2007 (which he essentially started running for before he even ran for Congress).
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2017, 11:42:24 AM »

Tark's mulling a primary.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2017, 05:42:12 PM »

lol
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2017, 09:56:52 PM »

Please do, Tark. It'll make things a lot easier for Dems if you win the primary.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2017, 10:09:11 PM »

I saw a poll Rosen 42 Heller 41.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2017, 10:38:29 AM »

Titus is polling the race and might enter.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2017, 02:11:22 PM »

Ehhhh I think I like Rosen better.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2017, 02:51:24 PM »

I'm still not solid on Rosen, but I agree. The Dems don't need to be running an established insider who's pushing 70.
JMT

« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2017, 06:16:49 PM »

Lol that would be a joke. Wouldn't be surprised if Tarkanian runs for NV-03 again since Rosen is vacating to run for Senate, that would be a more realistic opportunity.
Cynthia
ueutyi
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.00, S: -3.63

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2017, 08:33:01 PM »

Rosen has no clear history (therefore no baggage) and she was elected in a Trump district (although against a joke GOP) probably expresses her strength as a candidate. I like Titus, but I like Rosen better.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2017, 12:36:55 PM »

Tark says he'll probably run for CD3 again, but not ruling out Senate.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2017, 07:39:08 PM »
« Edited: June 28, 2017, 07:43:01 PM by PittsburghSteel »

ENDORSED. Titus is good but Rosen is better. She won in a trump district has a clean political history. Whoever is the democratic nominee is pretty much guaranteed this seat especially under a Trump midterm but I would be most pleased with a Senator Jacky Rosen.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies