Muslim Girl Breaking Ramadan Fast Assulted, Kidnapped, and Murdered in VA
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:53:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Muslim Girl Breaking Ramadan Fast Assulted, Kidnapped, and Murdered in VA
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Muslim Girl Breaking Ramadan Fast Assulted, Kidnapped, and Murdered in VA  (Read 765 times)
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 19, 2017, 09:44:50 PM »
« edited: June 19, 2017, 10:45:27 PM by Kevin »

Crazy case only a few miles from where I live.

A Muslim girl walking with her friends to McDonalds near the local Mosque in NOVA was assulted, kidnapped, and killed the other night. Her body was found in a pond nearby in Sterling today.

A suspect has also been arrested as well. Many are calling this a hate crime but the suspect doesn't exactly fit the profile.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/fairfax-loudoun-police-searching-for-missing-17-year-old-reported-to-have-been-assaulted/2017/06/18/02e379ac-5466-11e7-a204-ad706461fa4f_story.html?utm_term=.e8cda457559c

https://twitter.com/juliecareynbc/status/876915827198636033

Personally I think this could have somehow been gang-related given the facts of the case. Also by NOVA standards the area where this occured is not the best and there was an MS-13 related homicide nearby several months ago.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 10:25:39 PM »

Normally I don't take this tack, but for a child murderer I happily will: hang the bastard high.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 10:48:55 PM »

I know the suspect doesn't "fit the profile" but there's no reason to rule out it being a hate crime automatically.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 05:16:19 AM »

Very sad, but this was not done because she was Muslim.

According to the WaPo, the young people went home on a street at 4am when they jumped in front of the driver's car. He got so mad that he followed the group, jumped out of his car, grabbed the girl and beat her to death with a baseball bat.

The police call this a "road rage case".
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 05:50:39 AM »

I know the suspect doesn't "fit the profile" but there's no reason to rule out it being a hate crime automatically.

That the victim is female and a practicing Muslim appears to be enough for many. Had it been a Muslim man driving into and assaulting a crowd of young WASP women, much of the media (and the GOP) would be screaming "terrorism" at the top of their lungs.

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 05:57:07 AM »
« Edited: June 20, 2017, 06:01:23 AM by Ghost of Ruin »

Very sad, but this was not done because she was Muslim.

According to the WaPo, the young people went home on a street at 4am when they jumped in front of the driver's car.
He got so mad that he followed the group, jumped out of his car, grabbed the girl and beat her to death with a baseball bat.

The police call this a "road rage case".

That is not remotely what that WaPo is saying:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/killing-of-muslim-teenager-not-being-investigated-as-a-hate-crime-police-say/2017/06/19/e7670f0a-54f0-11e7-ba90-f5875b7d1876_story.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Also, it's not "road rage".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_rage#Legal_status
You must be logged in to read this quote.
People are right to be concerned. What looks like a terror attack targeting Muslims is being spun as something far more mundane. Even if you think (as I do) that most claims of lone-wolf terrorism are better addressed as the actions of the criminally insane, the double-standard here reeks.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 10:48:12 AM »

I don't think I understand the headline? I thought they're only required to fast when the sun is up.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 01:11:31 PM »

What a horrific tragedy that was completely unnecessary. The girl did absolutely nothing to provoke or deserve such cruel treatment. Obviously, the man has very serious mental health issues. But I'm curious how they were able to so quickly rule out this being a hate crime case when, based upon what is stated in the article, it seems perfectly possible at this point.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 03:43:45 PM »

I don't think I understand the headline? I thought they're only required to fast when the sun is up.

This Ramadan since it's in the middle of summer and it's quite long we've generally been fasting at least in my area from just a little bit after 5 a.m. to about 8:25 ish depending on the day
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies