Could you put the red in an easier way. Is the green not needed here?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:26:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Could you put the red in an easier way. Is the green not needed here?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Could you put the red in an easier way. Is the green not needed here?  (Read 266 times)
v0031
China
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 20, 2017, 12:40:10 AM »

Kind and thoughtful words are usually spoken only after a person passes. Mothers, all too often, never get to hear those kind words or the expression of love and appreciation someone has for them. After a person is gone, it’s too late to let them know of the impact they have had on your life or of the love you have for them in your heart.
My mother was born in 1919 and died in 2011. The hands of her clock stopped turning, and she finally found the much deserved rest from her toils and the promised peace for her soul. If there was ever a woman who deserved to be cuddled into God’s warm embrace, it was her.
I never told her all the things I’m sure she would have liked to have heard. Time goes by way too fast, and we often get so caught up in ourselves that we don’t acknowledge the most important people.
Don’t let time take control of the unspoken words. Say the words in your heart while that person can still hear them.
I long for the opportunity to put my arms around my mother again and say: Happy Mother’s Day, Mom!
v0031
China
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 02:24:16 AM »

Some 776 million adults lack minimum literacy skills; one in five adults is still not literate and two-thirds of them are women; 75 million children are out-of-school and many more attend irregularly or drop out. Next to the writer's engagement, there are various companies and charity organizations that support the fight against illiteracy. Literacy Day also signifies the recognition of the country to strive towards total and complete literacy for the nation.

And what does the red here mean?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 10:12:18 AM »

Kind and thoughtful words are usually spoken only after a person passes. Mothers, all too often, never get to hear those kind words or the expression of love and appreciation someone has for them. After a person is gone, it’s too late to let them know of the impact they have had on your life or of the love you have for them in your heart.
My mother was born in 1919 and died in 2011. The hands of her clock stopped turning, and she finally found the much deserved rest from her toils and the promised peace for her soul. If there was ever a woman who deserved to be cuddled into God’s warm embrace, it was her.
I never told her all the things I’m sure she would have liked to have heard. Time goes by way too fast, and we often get so caught up in ourselves that we don’t acknowledge the most important people.
Don’t let time take control of the unspoken words. Say the words in your heart while that person can still hear them.
I long for the opportunity to put my arms around my mother again and say: Happy Mother’s Day, Mom!

No "she would have liked to have heard" is probably the most succinct way of expressing this.  It is what is called a past conditional phrase involving a perfect infinitive.  "way" is used as an adverb emphasizing how fast time goes by - It very much goes by too fast.

Some 776 million adults lack minimum literacy skills; one in five adults is still not literate and two-thirds of them are women; 75 million children are out-of-school and many more attend irregularly or drop out. Next to the writer's engagement, there are various companies and charity organizations that support the fight against illiteracy. Literacy Day also signifies the recognition of the country to strive towards total and complete literacy for the nation.

And what does the red here mean?

It is a very strange phrase, not a normal way people world speak.  I think it is a badly written way of saying that the author is engaged in fighting illiteracy along with the other companies and charity organizations.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies