Democrats’ Best Chance to Retake the House? 8 Types of G.O.P. Districts to Watch
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:19:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Democrats’ Best Chance to Retake the House? 8 Types of G.O.P. Districts to Watch
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democrats’ Best Chance to Retake the House? 8 Types of G.O.P. Districts to Watch  (Read 494 times)
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 26, 2017, 04:22:06 PM »

Too much to copy and paste, so the details on each group will stay in the link. Here's the 8 kind of districts:

1. Well-Educated Sun Belt
2. Diverse Sun Belt
3. Suburban Stragglers
4. Suburban Survivors
5. White Working Class
6. Weaker Than They Should Be
7. Gerrymander Breakdown
8. Perhaps Still Vulnerable?

You must be logged in to read this quote.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 06:00:36 PM »

Most of these I already had my eyes on. I'm skeptical about Martha Roby in AL-02 though. Yes, she's a weak incumbent, but that's an R+16 district, and It isn't very elastic downballot. When Bobby Bright won it in 2008, it was a perfect storm.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 06:22:55 PM »

Most of these I already had my eyes on. I'm skeptical about Martha Roby in AL-02 though. Yes, she's a weak incumbent, but that's an R+16 district, and It isn't very elastic downballot. When Bobby Bright won it in 2008, it was a perfect storm.

So long as the Dems are bothering to run Ojeda up in WV, they might as well target Roby while they're at it. Whether or not they actually stand a chance in hell is all a matter of recruitment.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies