GA-06 and SC-05 election day & results thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:59:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-06 and SC-05 election day & results thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GA-06 and SC-05 election day & results thread  (Read 69744 times)
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« on: June 20, 2017, 08:19:29 PM »

About this whole 'chuck Pelosi to the curb' thing, you people do realise any other house leader would be just as demonised and hated by Republicans as Pelosi is?

Pelosi's unpopular pretty much nationwide. Why she's kept on as House leader for the Dems is beyond me.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 08:30:40 PM »

After KS-04 and MT-AL, I felt kinda bullish in saying "well in hindsight maybe the DCCC should've contributed more to these races", but this just has me feeling glum.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 09:03:23 PM »

I'm tired of losing by only a few points. SOMETHING'S gotta change. Whether that be the messaging, the leadership, or the candidates.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 09:16:05 PM »

I'm tired of losing by only a few points. SOMETHING'S gotta change. Whether that be the messaging, the leadership, or the candidates.

They all have to go: Pelosi, Hoyer, Perez, etc...

EXACTLY. All of those hacks need to go.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 09:34:37 PM »

Tell it Jeremy Corbyn

The Dems have been running centrist trash all my life. It dosen't work and it never will. The GOP keeps pushing further and further right and they only win more. It's time for Dems to get a ing clue and chuck Pelosi, Hoyer, Perez, Schumer, et all to the side

It has always been the left that needs to sacrifice control and "be realistic" while the center has lost everything.

But no doubt they will double down on this terrible strategy of targeting the mythical moderate Republicans. "We only lost by a few points", they'll say, and we'll see a bunch of Jon Ossoff clones running in vulnerable Republican districts in 2018.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 09:38:35 PM »

Trump's approval ratings continue to decline, there are multiple crises which are going unaddressed because of this administration's incompetence, the Republicans are inexplicably messing with healthcare and are intent on passing a bill with <20% support nationwide and virtually no support whatsoever from any major medical organizations, important positions related to national security and emergency preparedness/responsiveness are still unfilled, Trump is already facing pressure from a gleeful Putin who's fully aware of our president's incompetence, he's facing the biggest political scandal since Watergate and is now personally under investigation, and all of that is just scratching the surface.

Yeah...

MAGA, am I right?

None of that will matter when Democrats can't win because less and less people vote.

Tell it Jeremy Corbyn

The Dems have been running centrist trash all my life. It dosen't work and it never will. The GOP keeps pushing further and further right and they only win more. It's time for Dems to get a ing clue and chuck Pelosi, Hoyer, Perez, Schumer, et all to the side

It has always been the left that needs to sacrifice control and "be realistic" while the center has lost everything.

But no doubt they will double down on this terrible strategy of targeting the mythical moderate Republicans. "We only lost by a few points", they'll say, and we'll see a bunch of Jon Ossoff clones running in vulnerable Republican districts in 2018.
I see you changed your avatar

I'm done being a "member" of the Democrats. I'll vote for whomever runs against Erik Paulsen in MN-03 next year, but I can't keep calling myself a "Democrat".
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 09:46:50 PM »

I'm so glad we still have Dem posters here brow-beating the left about how "unrealistic" their chances are. Hey, you guys just spent over $20 million and lost to another Republican ghoul. Maybe give us a chance at the reins of power in the Dem party  and we'll do a better job than you at actually WINNING.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 09:53:45 PM »

Scott, you're smart enough to realize that Quist and Thompson getting the boatloads of money Ossoff got would've been negatives for their campaigns.

God, you lot make me want to pull my hair out.

THE VOTERS DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT FUNDRAISING. You think voters would care at all if they found out the GOP outspent the Dems in every single race so far in 2017?
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2017, 01:43:40 PM »

One of the lessons is that if you're running as a Democrat, whether that be in rural Kansas or suburban Georgia, don't try to negotiate away your stances on left issues. It doesn't matter whether you're soft on abortion or you're in favor of not taxing the rich as much. Republican groups will find no hesitation in placing your face next to Nancy Pelosi, Kathy Griffin and video footage of anarcho-communists storming the streets of Washington, and Republican voters will buy it all hook, line and sinker.

The mission of the Democratic elite to try and attract wary moderate Republicans just boggles me. Not only will they distance themselves from you the second you propose anything left-of-center, they'll stop voting for Democrats once Trump is out of office and go back to being proud supporters of Marco Rubio and Jeb Bush types. The Democratic party's time is better spent trying to energize the left, which is a far larger coalition of voters compared to the #NeverTrump conservatives who will support the horrific policies of the GOP as long as they're not being presented by an uncouth reality TV star. But, of course, trying to turn left goes against the meritocratic, Ivy League nature the people at the top of the Democratic party don't believe in that because they have more faith in their upper-class, suburban counterparts than anybody resembling a middle-class Millennial or former union member.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies