GA-06 and SC-05 election day & results thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:27:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-06 and SC-05 election day & results thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GA-06 and SC-05 election day & results thread  (Read 69767 times)
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: June 20, 2017, 06:50:56 PM »

Karen Handel (Republican)    51.5%   37,435
Jon Ossoff (Democratic)    48.5%   35,256

Early vote count is fairly in line with my R 54-46 prediction given how things trended during the runoff.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 06:58:26 PM »

I'm going to call it for Handel now as I have the flu at the moment and may be sleeping when Atlas goes full meltdown later when everyone's misguided predictions come falling down.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 09:36:29 PM »

Local news showing 53-47, which is what--nine points right of Atlas predictions?
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 09:38:03 PM »

Ossoff ran the tried and true New Democrat "Identity Politics" campaign.  Instead of talking about real issues, he just focused on checking off the minority boxes and getting his womyn buzzwords into cute soundbites.  It's the reason Hillary lost and it's the reason Democrats will continue to lose.

He talked about Healthcare the most.

Try again.

He opposed single payer.

$30 million to lose a Trump by 1.5 point district by 5 points? Sad!
Admit it, you're happier that Ossoff lost than you would have been if he won, aren't you?

Of course he is happy. Jfern is a mess.

You think I'm happy about how terrible the Democratic party is and how they will continue to not learn any lessons from epic failures like this?

You're not disproving the notion that you're happy about Ossoff himself losing.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 09:44:25 PM »

The Handel crowd goes crazy when she mentions Trump. They start chanting his name and everything.

That's just downright creepy brainwashed behavior there.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 09:46:16 PM »

Wow, my GA predictions were almost spot on. My SC was off, but yeah.

I never made a SC prediction (I rarely follow individual house races to start with) but I think we were the only two that were close--my prediction was Handel 54-46.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 09:53:25 PM »

The GA-6 result tonight shows that the reluctant trump voter is still willing to give him a shot, even though they are saying they disapprove of him in . It also shows that dems need to do some massive lesson learning if they are to win back the house in '18.

2018 house rating: Lean R ---> Strong Lean R
Utterly delusional. Double digit swings in every special election, a president with a <40 approval rating. Everything points to a Dem wave

Everything supposedly pointed to one last year too, and we all saw what happened.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 09:56:07 PM »

The GA-6 result tonight shows that the reluctant trump voter is still willing to give him a shot, even though they are saying they disapprove of him in . It also shows that dems need to do some massive lesson learning if they are to win back the house in '18.

2018 house rating: Lean R ---> Strong Lean R
Utterly delusional. Double digit swings in every special election, a president with a <40 approval rating. Everything points to a Dem wave

Everything supposedly pointed to one last year too, and we all saw what happened.
Actual results>polls

Its honestly hard to tell with these swings though, as incumbents tend to get higher % than open races to start with.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies