You wake up as Trump on 20th January (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:16:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  You wake up as Trump on 20th January (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: You wake up as Trump on 20th January  (Read 1637 times)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« on: June 20, 2017, 02:56:43 PM »
« edited: June 20, 2017, 02:58:40 PM by Crumpets »

I would move to make my role as President more of that of a figurehead, at least for the duration of my term. I would get all Congressional leaders together and tell them something along the lines of "I'm not well enough versed in policy to make demands of you, so if you can get it to my desk, I'll sign it. But if it's very unpopular with the American people, I'll listen to them before I listen to you - i.e. no health care bills with 17% approval." I'd direct Pence to be the liaison between the White House and Capitol, and keep me informed of various goings on at the other end of Pennsylvania Ave, as well as keeping track of important court cases.

I would then just keep campaigning, traveling around the country visiting sick kids, doing voluntary work in hard-hit communities, planting trees, kissing babies, stuff that makes for good PR without really having any kind of ideological elements. I'd visit our allies, meet with their leaders, and tell them that I'll take their concerns into consideration. And more than anything, keep a pretty low profile in terms of big controversial moves until 2020.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies