Nancy Pelosi is a huge burden for Dems
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:06:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Nancy Pelosi is a huge burden for Dems
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Pelosi should
be removed as House Minority Leader (D)

be removed as House Minority Leader (R)

be removed as House Minority Leader (I)

stay as House Minority Leader (D)

stay as House Minority Leader (R)

stay as House Minority Leader (I)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 81

Author Topic: Nancy Pelosi is a huge burden for Dems  (Read 3275 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 21, 2017, 11:39:20 PM »

Pelosi Was a Huge Drag on Ossoff

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://politicalwire.com/2017/06/21/pelosi-huge-drag-ossoff

Agreed. This woman has been long enough glued to her seat and needs to be removed.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 11:41:20 PM »

Be removed, provided someone under 70 replaces her. I like her, but the House minority should give the next generation a chance. And I was on the fence six months ago.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 11:48:38 PM »

I think we do need a fresh new face for the Party moving forward. The GOP will demonize anybody the Democrats put up, but it'd be a nice shakeup nonetheless. 
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 11:51:41 PM »

Eh, they'd find some other kinda of controversial tie and things would still go the same way, polarization means everything stays. Same way tying to Trump did little for Handel.

That said, Pelosi should've been booted out for Tim Ryan back in November. She done well, great work as Speaker, great resistance against Boehner in 2013...but that spark is gone.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 11:52:58 PM »

Stay as Minority Leader (R).
I like how nearly all their House leadership is old and from large coastal cities. Plus she isn't too well-liked in places like MT-AL, KS-04, GA-06, SC-05, etc.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 12:03:37 AM »

Honestly, Pelosi should step down, but we all know she's not going to do that.

I'd like to see Ben Ray Lujan or Joaquin Castro become Minority Leader, actually.
Hydera

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 12:06:45 AM »

While i don't agree with people dragging her name through the mud. She is a huge boogeyman on the party and at least with a fresh unknown face her name can't be used against house candidates.
UncleSam

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2017, 12:28:16 AM »

Personally I don't think that it's her fault, she's effective at her job and I doubt Dems would do any better in elections (and would do worse at caucusing / resistance) without her so I voted stay but barely. Barely because I do think Dems need a new face of the party before 2020, so maybe now is as good a time as ever. Reid is gone, Obama is gone, Clinton is gone, so Pelosi certainly wouldn't have gone too soon lol
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 12:33:55 AM »

Ro Khanna supports Nancy Pelosi over Stephen Jaffe in CA-12.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2017, 12:43:01 AM »

I'm undecided.

Nancy Pelosi is a skilled and experienced House leader. If she were to be removed, someone just as skilled (or more) would need to take her place. If there is no one who meets that criteria, she should stay on until House Dems can identify a skilled replacement.

Although I might hate the Democratic establishment, I don't want don't want to see the Democratic arty go the way of the Republicans and Paul Ryan. The difference between Ryan and Bohener is quite palpable.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2017, 01:01:17 AM »

Ro Khanna supports Nancy Pelosi over Stephen Jaffe in CA-12.

She's excellent at representing her district, so I don't blame him for that. Just lost her touch a bit on a bigger scale.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2017, 01:03:41 AM »

I got to ask though would Nancy be gone really cause a drop in leadership right now? Yes if/when the democrats ever retake the house her leadership void could be felt but is it really a stretch to think had Tim Ryan took over in November that he would of struggled to hold the line AHCA vote when the GOP was doing nothing but infighting on this bill and it was polling horribly? Seriously Trump and Paul don't make it that hard to resist them

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2017, 07:33:56 AM »

Be removed, provided someone under 70 replaces her. I like her, but the House minority should give the next generation a chance. And I was on the fence six months ago.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2017, 08:21:09 AM »
« Edited: June 22, 2017, 08:24:31 AM by Mr.Phips »

She needs to go.  The fact that she isn't even Speaker and hasn't been for almost eight years and is still being effectively attacked means that she needs to go.  

I supported Pelosi staying on when Obama was President to keep him from giving into Republicans, but now that there is a GOP President, Dems need to start fresh.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2017, 08:41:24 AM »

She needs to go.  The fact that she isn't even Speaker and hasn't been for almost eight years and is still being effectively attacked means that she needs to go.  

I supported Pelosi staying on when Obama was President to keep him from giving into Republicans, but now that there is a GOP President, Dems need to start fresh.

She is a very capable representative but she is now a symbol any Republican can use on any Democrat to convince the 50%tile voter that said Democrat will levy unaffordable taxes, grant unnecessary privileges, and make burdensome laws.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2017, 09:03:40 AM »

Let's not pretend that whoever the Minority Leader is wouldn't be turned into some crazed, psychotic character that doesn't exist by Republicans. The people in mentioned in this thread would be easily demonized.

Lujan and Castro are Hispanic. Enough said.
Tim Ryan represents a decaying town and would be labeled as a liberal who believes in policies that destroyed manufacturing and coal in the Midwest. Plus, he represents Youngstown, which has a high black population.

With that said, none of these special elections would have turned out differently with another Minority Leader. Even if Pelosi is thrown out, Republicans can still talk about her anyway.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2017, 09:14:58 AM »

Let's not pretend that whoever the Minority Leader is wouldn't be turned into some crazed, psychotic character that doesn't exist by Republicans. The people in mentioned in this thread would be easily demonized.

Lujan and Castro are Hispanic. Enough said.
Tim Ryan represents a decaying town and would be labeled as a liberal who believes in policies that destroyed manufacturing and coal in the Midwest. Plus, he represents Youngstown, which has a high black population.

With that said, none of these special elections would have turned out differently with another Minority Leader. Even if Pelosi is thrown out, Republicans can still talk about her anyway.

I honestly think anyone in Democratic leadership could perform a sacrifice on live TV and you'd stick by them as long as a "SANDERISTA" doesn't get in charge.

Anyway, lifetime contract, please!  She's a joke.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2017, 10:04:43 AM »

I'm so sick of her. Her record sucks. Nobody should keep their job after failing so much. Its not like she is a non factor; she is a negative. She brings Democrats down. Democrats have a big challenge ahead of them to take back the House, but if they are going to do it, it is not going to be under her leadership.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2017, 10:12:26 AM »

Pelosi is an extremely capable legislator who I respect a lot.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2017, 10:15:31 AM »

Should be demoted to House Minority Whip. The other two jerkoffs need to be axed as they (hoyer and clyburn) have been useless for years.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2017, 10:20:04 AM »

I want her GONE. You'd think after 2010, 2014, 2016 and now the recent special elections Democrats would have kicked her out, but the party's loyalty to her is pretty sickening considering how much of a failure she's been.

Keith Ellison, Tim Ryan, Raúl Grijalva, Barbara Lee or John Yarmuth would make good Speakers/Minority Leaders. Pelosi's had the position for too long and needs to go.
InheritTheWind

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2017, 10:26:29 AM »

I like her, but it's time for a change. Would like to see Seth Moulton, Cheri Bustos, or Tim Ryan in charge.

Hoyer and Clyburn need to go, too. The entire Democratic leadership is in desperate need of fresh faces and ideas.
hueylong
Rookie
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2017, 10:26:56 AM »

This is not a panacea for our problems as a party. Republicans scapegoat prominent Democrats and turn them into boogeymen, that's just what they do. No matter who the leadership is, they'll be vilified nightly on Fox News, harpooned by Breitbart and other online 'news' sites, constantly invoked in congressional and down-ballot elections, etc. The rabid and foaming at the mouth conservative media apparatus will see to that. This entire discussion is frankly ridiculous, and to focus on this as opposed to the draconian and disgusting actions McConnell and other GOP senators have taken with regard to healthcare is the height of Democratic/liberal stupidity. Stop overreacting to one ing special election result, which actually wasn't that bad for us at all. People shouldn't have to be reminded that special elections are not strongly predictive of midterm results - Dems won all 5 in 2009 and got slaughtered in 2010.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2017, 10:45:54 AM »

Pelosi has done some good things & I think she should be given an unofficial role as a mentor, fund-raiser & support for the whip, but she needs to move out of the leadership position. She is dragging candidates down, is a poor orator & it is time for new leadership like a working class representative like Tim Ryan.

I have respect for Pelosi but she is past her prime & is doing damage to down-ballot candidates !
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2017, 11:33:14 AM »

She should step aside as Minority Leader and retire instead of running for reelection.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies