Nancy Pelosi is a huge burden for Dems (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:08:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Nancy Pelosi is a huge burden for Dems (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Pelosi should
be removed as House Minority Leader (D)

be removed as House Minority Leader (R)

be removed as House Minority Leader (I)

stay as House Minority Leader (D)

stay as House Minority Leader (R)

stay as House Minority Leader (I)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 81

Author Topic: Nancy Pelosi is a huge burden for Dems  (Read 3340 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: June 22, 2017, 07:33:56 AM »

Be removed, provided someone under 70 replaces her. I like her, but the House minority should give the next generation a chance. And I was on the fence six months ago.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 08:41:24 AM »

She needs to go.  The fact that she isn't even Speaker and hasn't been for almost eight years and is still being effectively attacked means that she needs to go.  

I supported Pelosi staying on when Obama was President to keep him from giving into Republicans, but now that there is a GOP President, Dems need to start fresh.

She is a very capable representative but she is now a symbol any Republican can use on any Democrat to convince the 50%tile voter that said Democrat will levy unaffordable taxes, grant unnecessary privileges, and make burdensome laws.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 03:41:45 PM »

Liking Pelosi or not isn't the point. It's the fantasy that Republicans will stop attacking Democrats if Pelosi out the way.

They won't stop attacking once she's replaced, but it would take years for whoever replaces her to become as unpopular as she is now, and so it would be a net electoral benefit to the Dems during that period of the next few years.  Then, once her successor becomes as unpopular as she is now, they can dump him/her and pick another fresh face.

The issie would be whether there is risk in getting someone unproven but not demonized as much a chance. I think 10 as ML and 4 as speaker is long enough.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies