Star of the Southwest
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 11:02:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Star of the Southwest
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Star of the Southwest  (Read 2899 times)
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2017, 08:07:50 PM »

It's such a shame what happened to her she was so beautiful and intelligent. Glad JLL got life behind bars.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2017, 08:58:39 PM »

Update tonight or tomorrow.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2017, 11:40:18 PM »

Right on!
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2017, 08:51:32 AM »

Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated, but not too exaggerated. Anyone still interested in this?

Hell yeah!
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2017, 04:50:34 PM »

It's amazing what accidentally adopting a cat will do to your schedule.

CORRECTION: Update has been moved forward. Expect it either tonight or tomorrow.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2017, 08:55:21 PM »

So after promising to post an update twice and promptly disappearing both times, I think I've coined a new definition of the ever-popular term: SAD!

These last few weeks, I've started to realize something about myself as a writer: I absolutely suck at it, at least in terms of consistency, when I'm not doing it collaboratively. In other words, I have ideas with the potential to be great and absolutely no motivation to actually act on them.

So, with that in mind, I'm putting it to the good authors and readers of the What-Ifs board: should I be honest with myself and quit entirely? Or should I be honest with myself and seek out a co-author or two? Admittedly the latter idea sounds pretty fantastic to me, since I love writing as a part of a team, but I don't want to saddle anyone else with my frankly hilarious failure as a writer.

Sincerely,
- Definitely Not Stephen King
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2017, 09:23:30 PM »

So after promising to post an update twice and promptly disappearing both times, I think I've coined a new definition of the ever-popular term: SAD!

These last few weeks, I've started to realize something about myself as a writer: I absolutely suck at it, at least in terms of consistency, when I'm not doing it collaboratively. In other words, I have ideas with the potential to be great and absolutely no motivation to actually act on them.

So, with that in mind, I'm putting it to the good authors and readers of the What-Ifs board: should I be honest with myself and quit entirely? Or should I be honest with myself and seek out a co-author or two? Admittedly the latter idea sounds pretty fantastic to me, since I love writing as a part of a team, but I don't want to saddle anyone else with my frankly hilarious failure as a writer.

Sincerely,

I have ideas, but no skill, so I could be a pipeline for new ideas for you...but don't ask me to write them myself.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2017, 04:51:42 AM »

Sincerely,

Writing is my specialty
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2017, 03:52:41 PM »

ATTENTION, ALL! IT'S ALIVE!

After a good deal of thought, I went ahead with taking on a co-author so as to balance updates with my work schedule and sporadic motivation. Updates from this point on will be shared between myself and GoTfan, our new resident National Election Consultant (a title which I definitely didn't make up on the spot).

Hope y'all still have some interest in this thing, because it's about to start kicking again.

Sincerely,
- One Ineffectual Pratchett Devotee
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2017, 10:27:48 PM »

ATTENTION, ALL! IT'S ALIVE!

After a good deal of thought, I went ahead with taking on a co-author so as to balance updates with my work schedule and sporadic motivation. Updates from this point on will be shared between myself and GoTfan, our new resident National Election Consultant (a title which I definitely didn't make up on the spot).

Hope y'all still have some interest in this thing, because it's about to start kicking again.

Sincerely,
- One Ineffectual Pratchett Devotee

Good Luck to both of you. I'm looking forward to the result.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2017, 11:15:24 PM »

Arizona Senate Race "Almost Second Presidential Election"

The two frontrunners  for the US Senate race in Arizona, Rep. Giffords and Rep. Flake

While the race for the Republican Party nomination heats up, the eyes of the Democraric and Republican National Committees are also upon the Senate race in Arizona next year, where the frontrunners, Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords and Congressman Jeff Flake, are vying for the seat being vacated by John Kyl next year.

Democrats, seeing Giffords as a chance to flip the seat and solidify their Senate majority, have poured money and resources into the seat. Originally, Giffords was to face a contested primary, but the withdrawal of former Surgeon General Richard Carmona and the former Chair of the Arizona Democratic Party Don Bivens has left her with mere token opposition for the nomination. Already, Giffords has been endorsed by President Obama and Vice-President Biden, as well as Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi.

Flake, by contrst, is facing a constested primary, as Republicans desperately try to hold the seat. Flake, who has been endorsed by Presidential candidate Ron Paul, faces an uphill challenge for the seat, as he tries to fight off his primary opponent, businessman Wil Cardon.

"It's definitely on our list of targets." Said Patty Murray, Senator from Washington and Chair of the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee. "It's shaping up to be a very close contest . . . Gabby is a great candidate and we can flip the seat this year." Murray also implied that the race was being treated very seriously by both sides. "It's almost turning into a second Presidential election, and I believe it's one we can win."

John Cornyn, Texas Senator and Chair of the National Republican Senatorial Committee declined to offer a formal comment, instead saying that he was in no doubt that that the seat would be held.

Meanwhile the Republican Presidential field remains sharply divided between Former Senator Rick Santorum, Former Governor Mitt Romney, Former Speaker Newt Gingrich, and Congressman Ron Paul. It remains to be seen which of these candidates can gain the momentum to take the nomination, though many have been talking up Romney as almost the default candidate, as these people are worried that Santorum, Paul and Gingrich may not be electable on the national stage.
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2017, 11:55:41 AM »

This is really interesting. Glad you're continuing!
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2017, 06:12:12 PM »

Standby. Loading. Loading.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies