'Pizzagate' shooter sentenced to 4 years in prison
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:13:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  'Pizzagate' shooter sentenced to 4 years in prison
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 'Pizzagate' shooter sentenced to 4 years in prison  (Read 624 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 22, 2017, 03:25:59 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 03:40:25 PM »

Good.  It's too bad that the people who pushed the conspiracy theory can't be charged as accessories.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 03:43:25 PM »

Only?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 04:32:39 PM »

Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 04:50:57 PM »

And Hillary walks free.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 04:52:50 PM »

Roll Eyes
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 05:36:45 PM »

That's an appropriate amount of time, considering he didn't kill or hurt anybody and really was a victim of the predatory hivemind of online conspiracy as much as anybody else.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2017, 05:43:06 PM »

That's an appropriate amount of time, considering he didn't kill or hurt anybody and really was a victim of the predatory hivemind of online conspiracy as much as anybody else.

No, no, no.
Let's be clear ....
What happened here is not a "as much as anybody else" kind of act.
If someone/anyone would believe in this super bizarre conspiracy theory, and then act on it by going there with a gun "to save the children," then you have some major screws loose.
This was an act that only a minor, minor segment of our society would REALLY believe (the screwballs).
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 05:56:06 PM »

If I seriously thought there was child prostition going on at an institutional leave that was being covered up, I would feel the urge to uncover it - after all we all like the idea of being the person to pull the curtain to reveal the truth. I don't think this guy was planning on hurting anybody, he was just misled. Very terrifying for the restraint owners and patrons, but no need for a long sentence.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2017, 06:22:05 PM »

No, no, no.
Let's be clear ....
If someone/anyone would believe in this super bizarre conspiracy theory, and then act on it by going there with a gun "to save the children," then you have some major screws loose.
This was an act that only a minor, minor segment of our society would REALLY believe (the screwballs).

Translation: "This happened because the person had mental health issues that aren't his fault, and thus should rot in jail for all eternity".
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2017, 07:15:14 PM »

If I seriously thought there was child prostition going on at an institutional leave that was being covered up, I would feel the urge to uncover it - after all we all like the idea of being the person to pull the curtain to reveal the truth. I don't think this guy was planning on hurting anybody, he was just misled. Very terrifying for the restraint owners and patrons, but no need for a long sentence.

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2017, 07:17:15 PM »

No, no, no.
Let's be clear ....

Translation: "This happened because the person had mental health issues that aren't his fault, and thus should rot in jail for all eternity".

Where are you reading that he "should rot in jail for all eternity" ?
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2017, 07:37:33 PM »

No, no, no.
Let's be clear ....

You seemed to disagree with CrabCake saying that the punishment being as low as out was citing "major screws loose" as the reason. I was being a bit hyperbolic.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2017, 08:01:19 PM »

No, no, no.
Let's be clear ....

You seemed to disagree with CrabCake saying that the punishment being as low as out was citing "major screws loose" as the reason. I was being a bit hyperbolic.

Just to be clear, all that I am disagreeing with in his original statement was the "as much as anybody else" part.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2017, 08:36:49 PM »

I'm sorry, but if you are the type of person who is dumb enough to believe anything you read on the internet because some guy from Breitbart or 4chan wrote it, you probably should be put away from society.  That you like to follow conspiracy theories on /pol/ doesn't justify dangerous acts of stupidity.

Whether four years is a fitting sentence is another topic.
The Self
Rookie
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2017, 08:40:14 PM »

I'm sorry, but if you are the type of person who is dumb enough to believe anything you read on the internet because some guy from Breitbart or 4chan wrote it, you probably should be put away from society.  That you like to follow conspiracy theories on /pol/ doesn't justify dangerous acts of stupidity.

That's the kind of dangerous authoritarianism that both undergirds the Trump movement and reinforces its profound victimhood complex.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2017, 08:47:28 PM »

That's the kind of dangerous authoritarianism that both undergirds the Trump movement and reinforces its profound victimhood complex.

My point is that what the shooter did can't be justified.  I support your right to be stupid until your stupidity destroys lives and property.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2017, 10:43:07 PM »

Only 4 years? Weak.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies