Aside from your home country - what region's politics & news do you follow most? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:17:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Aside from your home country - what region's politics & news do you follow most? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Pick the one region's politics & news you follow most closely (aside from your own)
East Asia

South Asia

Middle East

Russia / Fmr Soviet Republics

North Africa

Sub Saharan Africa

Europe

North America

Central America

Caribbean

South America

Oceania

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 59

Author Topic: Aside from your home country - what region's politics & news do you follow most?  (Read 1035 times)
vanguard96
United States

« on: June 23, 2017, 09:19:30 AM »

People here tend to have a very broad view on politics but perhaps with all the connections with Europe Americans and Canadians here are looking at Europe. Likewise, Europeans mostly looking at the US news and also Canada. But are you different? Are you a US resident more interested in the news of Russia, Ukraine, and so forth than Western Europe - maybe because of your family background or some other experience in your life, your academic study, or work? Or if you served in the military and were stationed abroad in Afghanistan or Iraq perhaps you focus a lot on Middle East news.

For me I guess I would have to say East Asia is second to N. America - in that I lived in Japan, work for a South Korean company and have worked with many people from Taiwan, China, Thailand, Singapore, and Malaysia. I can't call myself well-studied on the politics of the region - even Japan where I lived though I definitely do read more economic & business news from this region than from Europe for instance.

Perhaps after that then I would have to say S. America and Europe are about on equal footing. Sub Saharan Africa, Russia and Former Soviet Republics, and Middle East are in the next tier. Then North Africa, South Asia, Central America, Oceania in the lowest tier.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies