Obama's cabinet has been cashing in and selling out so far (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:13:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Obama's cabinet has been cashing in and selling out so far (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama's cabinet has been cashing in and selling out so far  (Read 2251 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« on: June 24, 2017, 06:34:08 PM »

This is hardly something I want in people who work for a Democratic administration, but at the same time, I'm not sure I really care about some of them. Why should I care if the former Press Secretary goes to work lobbying against minimum wage? Or if Plouffe goes to Uber..?

Honestly, it just doesn't matter to me. I don't really like the idea of anyone fighting a decent minimum wage, but my dislike for these particular Obama admin. officials would be no more than what I'd have for anyone else fighting policy like that. I'd have a problem if any of these people ran for office as a Democrat, sure. But even if they worked for a future Democratic administration, even at that point I know that the main person to actually care about is the president themselves - all these folks will do as they are told, and their personal opinions on various policy matters are irrelevant just so long as they aren't persuading POTUS to change their policy positions.

I guess over time I have learned not to expect much from these kinds of people.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies