Opinion of Spark498
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:18:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Spark498
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Opinion of Spark498
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 54

Author Topic: Opinion of Spark498  (Read 2299 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 24, 2017, 06:34:02 PM »

Troll = HP
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 06:36:32 PM »

He's not a troll, which actually makes it worse.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 06:39:00 PM »

I can't vote for either. He seems to be a thoughtful intelligent poster. However, his thread about his strange behavior towards the lady he was interested in was a little bizarre.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 06:39:06 PM »

Hilarious Person.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 06:39:27 PM »

I'd say I'm about 55% convinced that his relationship advice thing was a trolling scheme that he just never let go of. I imagine most people would find something like that funny for maybe a couple weeks max, but Spark just kept it going for literally as long as he could - months even, going so far as to make a thread in the International Elections board during the UK snap election, just so he could feed off the activity there. IF that is the case, I would vote HP for sure because trolling for weeks/months on end like that is pathetic in my eyes.

But if he wasn't trolling, then I guess he could just be a bit odd and extremely stubborn. Since I don't know what his deal is, I'm just not going to vote.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 08:40:18 PM »

I'd say I'm about 55% convinced that his relationship advice thing was a trolling scheme that he just never let go of.

OK, but all of his threads are like that.  He constantly posts these ridiculous advice threads, like:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=265399.0
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=267088.0
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=267147.0

If his dating thread was trolling, then his entire persona is trolling, because that's what he sounds like all the time.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 08:45:58 PM »

OK, but all of his threads are like that.  He constantly posts these ridiculous advice threads, like:

If his dating thread was trolling, then his entire persona is trolling, because that's what he sounds like all the time.

This is exactly why I am so conflicted. That extra 5% comes from me wondering if, as part of his "ultimate troll," he just decided to ask a question just like he always does but instead make his situation/responses sound absurd.

I just don't know how else to look at his responses from that marvelous thread and not think he is trolling.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2017, 08:46:21 PM »

^ I honestly don't know which one it is at this point. He might be serious in most of his posts and just has aspergers or something along those lines.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2017, 08:46:54 PM »

^ I honestly don't know which one it is at this point. He might be serious in most of his posts and just has aspergers or something along those lines.
Rather generous of you.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2017, 09:03:38 PM »

He's not a troll, which actually makes it worse.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2017, 09:24:32 PM »

Buffoon
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2017, 09:54:12 PM »

This is exactly why I am so conflicted. That extra 5% comes from me wondering if, as part of his "ultimate troll," he just decided to ask a question just like he always does but instead make his situation/responses sound absurd.

I'm confused about what you're suggesting here.  You're saying that you think he's being sincere with most of his advice threads, but that he's trolling only with the dating advice thing?  I'd say that's the *least* likely possibility.  IMHO, either he's being absolutely sincere about everything, or his entire forum persona is an act.  I say that because his other "advice" threads are also ridiculous, just not quite as ridiculous as the dating one.  I mean, in the "How do I meet the president?" thread linked above, he asks about how to schedule a private meeting with the president, and in another thread from last year, he was asking about how to get appointed to the Cabinet.  All of his postings about his personal life are rather whacky, and his political posts are also not terribly sophisticated.

He does not seem to be sophisticated or self aware enough to pull off a "joke" like the dating advice thread.  So either he's being absolutely sincere about the whole thing, or else he's not really the person we think he is from his posts here, and he's being "fake" not just in the dating thread, but in the rest of his posts as well.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2017, 10:00:09 PM »

Terrifying.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2017, 10:01:05 PM »

I don't know. The thought of that dating advice thread being real is ...unsettling. It's not often I see someone trying so hard to guide another person they like to a proper park bench to have a brief period of alone time.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2017, 10:09:35 PM »

He's probably getting a good chuckle out of this entire thread.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2017, 10:11:03 PM »

Pretty obvious troll IMO. His entire forum persona is an act, but this whole dating story was simply too overdone.

This is all very real and the proof is overwhelming at this point, so it's getting very frustrating to see this continually stated without a shred of reasonable evidence.

Also the below is even funnier than OC's profile so FF:
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2017, 10:15:06 PM »

I don't know. The thought of that dating advice thread being real is ...unsettling. It's not often I see someone trying so hard to guide another person they like to a proper park bench to have a brief period of alone time.

Speaking as a male who is (well, a lot less than in prior years) relatively socially timid when it comes to  women, I will say this: absurdity, strangeness, and the genuinely bizarre are no strange concepts to the male mind; the same could be said for entirely misunderstood cues. That he is so open about his derangement, and that he does not regard his own thoughts as particularly strange, (combined, of course, with his excessive obsessiveness) is in itself the truly scary. Now, the fact that he posts so often in regards to this and other inane subjects means either he is (A) entirely unsuited for society; (B) a troll. In either case, he is a danger to any attempt at maintaining a "serious" forum (I would still consider keeping him around as a jester, of sorts).
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2017, 10:18:30 PM »
« Edited: June 24, 2017, 10:20:54 PM by heatcharger »

Seems like a giant sociopath and someone I would avoid in life. He was annoying before that ridiculous bench episode/troll job; remember when he spammed hundreds of threads on the 2016 board?

Bad (or sick) guy!
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2017, 10:41:26 PM »

Pretty obvious troll IMO. His entire forum persona is an act, but this whole dating story was simply too overdone.

This is all very real and the proof is overwhelming at this point, so it's getting very frustrating to see this continually stated without a shred of reasonable evidence.

Here is his YouTube channel:

Link.

Listen to him talking about his predictions for the gubernatorial races. This doesn't sound like someone who thinks Trump can win Oregon, the parties will switch platforms or stalking a random girl is a pretty good idea. Tongue

Like Techno Timmy said, Spark is getting a good chuckle out of this thread.

When did he say Trump can win Oregon? Anyway, stalking has nothing to do with intelligence or demeanor.

My vote is FF, I don't know why he's so disliked.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2017, 10:41:33 PM »

Link.

Listen to him talking about his predictions for the gubernatorial races. This doesn't sound like someone who thinks Trump can win Oregon, the parties will switch platforms or stalking a random girl is a pretty good idea. Tongue

Like Techno Timmy said, Spark is getting a good chuckle out of this thread.

Omg look at all those videos. It's like he is pumping out 5-6 predictions/scenarios a day. He also doesn't sound like what I thought. That sounds like the voice of a TROLL
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2017, 10:44:41 PM »

Link.

WTF?  From that, it appears that he's putting out about an hour's worth of political commentary on Youtube pretty much every single day, spending (for example) like a half hour or so on a video about a hypothetical Kamala Harris vs. Donald Trump 2020 matchup, in which he goes through every state like he's calling it on election night.  Something is not right with the man.

Also, who are all the commenters on those videos?  Are those Atlas forum posters, or does he have his own independent Youtube following?
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2017, 10:54:13 PM »

Wow.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2017, 10:55:09 PM »

Whenever I feel like I'm not social enough or too obsessed with politics, I take comfort in looking at Spark's posts and reminding myself that I'm not that bad
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2017, 10:58:03 PM »

Whenever I feel like I'm not social enough or too obsessed with politics, I take comfort in looking at Spark's posts and reminding myself that I'm not that bad

That's like somebody who mutiliates cats in his basement reminding himself that he's not that bad when compared to Ed Gein.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2017, 10:58:49 PM »

I mean, you're not wrong
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies