How is Kamala Harris a better candidate than Hillary Clinton
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:43:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  How is Kamala Harris a better candidate than Hillary Clinton
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: How is Kamala Harris a better candidate than Hillary Clinton  (Read 5614 times)
Da2017
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 25, 2017, 09:38:26 PM »

I see some similarities.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 09:54:11 PM »

She has a higher ceiling, but also a lower floor where performance is concerned.

The Kamala that didn't take the Keebler's Elf's sh*( and the one that didn't bow to Feinstein on the Death Penalty back in '04 is going places. She also has a far more reliable record that can motivate the base.

The one that spent like a drunken sailor against Loretta Sanchez, went to some arbitrary questioning regarding a Cabinet pick, and tangled herself with Mnuchin...that could be liability. She can also come off as a little too cold...not to Hillary levels...more like say, the worst parts of Obama.

NeederNodder
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -7.28

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 09:54:39 PM »

She'll do way better with African American Voter turnout.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 09:58:14 PM »

She isn't. A left coast loon wouldn't even be competitive in the southeast and rust belt
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 10:12:10 PM »

She'll do way better with African American Voter turnout.

Which, if she plays her cards wrong would be negated by an even heavier whitelash...the inroads in da' Burbs erased, and WWCs panic even harder, even with Trump's probable unpopularity.

Or she could repeat '08 with the cards played right.

She isn't. A left coast loon wouldn't even be competitive in the southeast and rust belt

You mean the way a Chicago homeboy had no chance? Or a Texas hick was hopeless in the Northeast and Rust Belt in 2000? Or how about the Boston liberal who ate the farmland for breakfast and was within reach of the West Coast and MidAtlantic?  Or the other Massachusetts liberal who gave the Southeast the middle finger and only lost by 2% or so in Ohio.

It ain't over til it's over.
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 10:22:32 PM »

No Emailgate.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2017, 11:37:44 PM »

Her support for sanctuary cities and nonprofit "transparency" are major hits against her.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2017, 12:21:47 AM »

Anyone not under FBI investigation is a better candidate
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2017, 12:28:52 AM »

I'm sure the midwestern working class is just dying for some coastal elite who let Wall Street get away with breaking the rules and seems to have slept her way into power.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2017, 06:50:19 AM »

She would do better with African Americans, is more charismatic and, very important, has no baggage. Harris is also a new face and not someone has been around for decades. So in the end, Harris is more inspiring because he's not just the lesser evil.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2017, 07:01:09 AM »

No email scandal and perjury
ShamDam
ChanDan

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2017, 09:38:24 AM »

I'm sure the midwestern working class is just dying for some coastal elite who let Wall Street get away with breaking the rules and seems to have slept her way into power.

The critiques of coastal elitism and her relationship with Wall Street are valid, but I don't see how accusing her of "sleeping her way into power" is anything but sexist
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2017, 10:56:14 AM »

Stop acting like we need a literal farmer to appeal to Midwestern voters, Trump is the epitome of coastal elite and had no problem appealing to these voters.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2017, 11:01:19 AM »

Never say never, but at the moment she is way overrated. Her sponsoring a bill to give government representation to every illegal immigrant, as well as saying illegal immigrants aren't criminals (although true), won't play well to the swing voter. She does however have a good chance in the D primary.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2017, 01:00:12 PM »

More charismatic, more energetic, more appealing, POC, more likable, etc.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2017, 01:04:37 PM »

You are a terrible person.
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2017, 01:07:05 PM »

She isn't. She is of the far-left on gun control, immigration, and a host of other issues. The first two alone will kill her in the MW and South. Plus, she is a double minority woman which will turn off a large portion of a GE base just for that fact alone. Trump would win WWC with even higher margins than in 2016.

I will say it again in this thread as I have done in others: Democrats, if you want to win (I want them to beat Trump but moderate), DO NOT nominate KH.
Da2017
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2017, 01:22:17 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2017, 01:46:19 PM by Da2017 »

She isn't. She is of the far-left on gun control, immigration, and a host of other issues. The first two alone will kill her in the MW and South. Plus, she is a double minority woman which will turn off a large portion of a GE base just for that fact alone. Trump would win WWC with even higher margins than in 2016.

I will say it again in this thread as I have done in others: Democrats, if you want to win (I want them to beat Trump but moderate), DO NOT nominate KH.
Honesty I think she is a wild card.  I think the chances of her getting as of right now are low. I,d give her some time. If she plays her cards right she crushes trump in Obama 08 electoral numbers. If she does not I can see her losing with Kerry numbers at worse. She will outperform Hillary. Does not come across as cold .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OdQATekDtY&t=284s  Worse case Kamala at 253 Best Case 353
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2017, 01:35:32 PM »

You live a  conservative bubble. Honesty I think she is a wild card.  I think the chances of her getting as of right now are low. I,d give her some time. If she plays her cards right she crushes trump in Obama 08 electoral numbers. If she does not I can see her losing with Kerry numbers at worse. She will outperform Hillary. Does not come across as cold .

I take your meaning but am not in a bubble. I live in NoVA, was stationed in SoCal, am from a northern state originally, raised in central VA, am a moderate. To correctly analyze a candidate, you have to be able to put yourself in the opposition's shoes (in this case from a KH standpoint, Trump, the RNC, etc). They would rip her apart and then some with a smile and a laugh. She did amicus briefs saying the American citizen had no rights to guns at all, was pro-legalization for any and all illegal immigrants, waffled on prosecution on a gang-member. It would be Dukakis all over again and more amplified by social media and the 24/7 news cycle.

She may be convincing to some folks, I get that, but understand that to the majority of Trump's base and probably 55% or more of indies that she would need to win, she is a turn-off. It would be a Trump re-election if he had to go against her, even with his scandals.
Da2017
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2017, 02:02:38 PM »

https://kamalaharris.org/blog/2016/living-history/ eye opening.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2017, 04:41:41 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2017, 04:43:44 PM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

The critiques of coastal elitism and her relationship with Wall Street are valid, but I don't see how accusing her of "sleeping her way into power" is anything but sexist

“Assembly Speaker Willie Brown, continuing his rush to hand out patronage jobs while he retains his powerful post, has given high-paying appointments to his former law associate and a former Alameda County prosecutor who is Brown’s frequent companion.

“Brown, exercising his power even as his speakership seems near an end, named attorney Kamala Harris to the California Medical Assistance Commission, a job that pays $72,000 a year.

“Harris, a former deputy district attorney in Alameda County, was described by several people at the Capitol as Brown’s girlfriend. In March, San Francisco Chronicle columnist Herb Caen called her ‘the Speaker’s new steady.’ Harris declined to be interviewed Monday and Brown’s spokeswoman did not return phone calls.

“Harris accepted the appointment last week after serving six months as Brown’s appointee to the Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board, which pays $97,088 a year.”

http://articles.latimes.com/1994-11-29/news/mn-2787_1_brown-associates
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2017, 04:50:30 PM »

She hasn't been under constant investigation and scrutiny for a quarter of a century into every single aspect of her life?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2017, 05:10:00 PM »

And Trump had lots of undesirable positions by 2012 or 2008 standards that would've eaten him alive in the MW and Sun Belt.

Scott Walker and Paul Ryan's rises would've been impossible in Wisconsin before 2010

And Bernie Sanders would've been hopeless too, done as well as Bill Bradley in any primary before 2016.

Things change.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2017, 05:15:28 PM »

Oh and given Trump's weakness in The West, perhaps it WOULD be smart to keep hitting him there.

It'd be a great finish to all the Carter-esque circumstances from which Trump got in.

That said, 2024 seems to be a better prospect for that kind of wild card.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2017, 05:23:01 PM »

No public perception of corruption as a result of decades of battering in the public eye, which was Hillary Clinton's real problem. (It never mattered that there wasn't actual corruption, at least not more than surrounds any other politician, including Bernie Sanders.)

Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies