Bill Maher : 'Republicans would rather vote for Bin Laden than Hillary'
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:20:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Bill Maher : 'Republicans would rather vote for Bin Laden than Hillary'
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Bill Maher : 'Republicans would rather vote for Bin Laden than Hillary' is this true?
Yes

No

Unsure

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 46

Author Topic: Bill Maher : 'Republicans would rather vote for Bin Laden than Hillary'  (Read 4183 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2005, 09:42:33 AM »

Why did you start this thread?  Do you want Republicans to respect you in the least bit?  This seems rather trollish to me, and I'm a Democrat.

It has become apparent to me that Miss Catholic is more than likely an ex-poster who went by the name Nomorelies, or "Nomo" for short.  Nomo existed in several incarnations during his first riegn of terror on the forum, many of them at the same time.  He possed as an immigrant from England, living in Wisconsin, a woman from Missouri, who had a particular lack of fondness for me, for no real reason at all, other than I was supposedly sexist, a few other midwesterners and I believe a guy from Oregon or Washinton, though I could be wrong.  Anyway, every poster he portrayed pretended to either be a moderate, or a disaffected Republican.  They often claimed to be in line with verys that were at least moderatly right wing, but then proceded to ripe the tar out of all the people who represented that ideology in national politics, or on the forum.  Dave finally stepped in and determined that all the "individuals" were, in fact, using the same IP address and thus banned Nomo.  The freak even attempted to portray himself as his own girlfriend who posted on here telling everyone how crazy he was becoming and that he should quit the forum and come back to her.

I agree wholeheartedly. I've been harbouring the same idea for some time.
○∙◄☻„tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2005, 12:38:32 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  Good one.

You still didn't answer my question.

Pro-war, overly worried about violent video games, says that abortion is a tragic choice. How the hell is she a liberal?

Because all those points are just Hillary giving lip service to a few hot issues to appear as a centrist.  The Pro-war label is just silly.  As Ford pointed out, Hillary is as "pro-war" as Kerry is.  The video game issue will never result in legislation and she knows it.  Calling abortion "a tragic choice" doesn't make her one bit less of a pro-choicer and her pro-choice supporters know this.

If she was against the war, she wouldn't have voted for it. Anyone obsessed about banning video games is not a liberal.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2005, 12:48:07 PM »

Bill Maher is an idiot. Heck I'd vote for Hillary over John McCain.
Blue Rectangle

Political Matrix
E: 8.50, S: -0.62

« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2005, 01:29:41 PM »

If she was against the war, she wouldn't have voted for it. 
Her own justification for voting "for the war" is that she was not voting to go to war, but only to give Bush the moral support to bargain with Saddam and the UN.  It's the exact same stance Kerry took during the campaign.

Anyone obsessed about banning video games is not a liberal.
First of all, Hillary does not seem "obsessed" with banning video games.  Video games have been around many years; Hillary's posturing was news for only a day or two.  Second, what kind of crazy ideology do you subscribe to in which a single infraction on a very unimportant issue destroys one's credentials?  Third, this is a social issue.  Hillary could be ultra-authoritarian (she's not) and still be far-left economically.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2005, 02:41:44 PM »

Anyone obsessed about banning video games is not a liberal.
First of all, Hillary does not seem "obsessed" with banning video games.  Video games have been around many years; Hillary's posturing was news for only a day or two.  Second, what kind of crazy ideology do you subscribe to in which a single infraction on a very unimportant issue destroys one's credentials?  Third, this is a social issue.  Hillary could be ultra-authoritarian (she's not) and still be far-left economically.

Foruth, like the vast majority of politicians, she is a whore. Wink
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2005, 10:45:26 AM »

Hillary Clinton is more to the centre.

Bill Maher was always a great commedian.  hahaha

^^^^^^^

Hillary is an embarassment to our party, after the GTA ordeal. I hope she looses her senate race.

I couldn't have put it better myself.  It would be one less Democrat, but I wouldn't miss her.  Hopefully, the addition of Casey would maintain the status quo.

^^^ Closet Republican
So am I a closet Republican? Or am I just sane and less medicated than you?
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2005, 11:03:25 AM »

^^^^^^^

Hillary is an embarassment to our party, after the GTA ordeal. I hope she looses her senate race.

I couldn't have put it better myself.  It would be one less Democrat, but I wouldn't miss her.  Hopefully, the addition of Casey would maintain the status quo.

^^^ Closet Republican

Anyone who claims they are a Democrat but thinks that any elected Democrat can do wrong is obviously a closet Republican, duh. Wink
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2005, 11:34:42 AM »

^^^^^^^

^^^ Closet Republican

Anyone who claims they are a Democrat but thinks that any elected Democrat can do wrong is obviously a closet Republican, duh. Wink
Oh, I should habe known!! Tongue
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -3.55, S: 2.70

« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2005, 11:48:05 AM »

MissCatholic might be nomo...didn't think of that.  She's so obsessed with abortion I thought she really was a woman for some time.  Then again, nomo was sexually ambiguous, so she could be.
Hitchabrut
republicanjew18

Political Matrix
E: 8.38, S: 7.49

« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2005, 05:34:38 PM »

(Interesting thought) sarcasm . How many Republicans voted yes?
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2005, 02:37:40 AM »

I said in 2000 (with some seriousness) that I'd rather vote for Stalin than Hillary [for U.S. Senate, not anything higher].

At least Stalin would make for some interesting C-SPAN.
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -3.55, S: 2.70

« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2005, 08:58:21 AM »

I said in 2000 (with some seriousness) that I'd rather vote for Stalin than Hillary [for U.S. Senate, not anything higher].

At least Stalin would make for some interesting C-SPAN.

Hahahaha. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies