Announcing Atlas' new party the Atlas Liberal Democrats; first convention!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:19:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Announcing Atlas' new party the Atlas Liberal Democrats; first convention!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Announcing Atlas' new party the Atlas Liberal Democrats; first convention!  (Read 1277 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 26, 2017, 01:58:52 AM »
« edited: February 09, 2018, 06:08:56 PM by #TheShadowyAbyss »

We will be holding this brand new party's convention right in the great state of Florida in historical Tallahassee!

Who are the Atlas Liberal Democrats and what do we stand for?

Thanks for asking! We're a liberal party that believes the main two party duopoly between the Federalists and Labor has left many out in the cold without a real party to call home. We at the Atlas Liberal Democrats believe we are the home for those people. Who am I? I am a former Federalist who believed the party has drifted away from my views and from its historical platform who also believes Labor to be too leftwing for my taste. We welcome any Labor or Federalist defectors into our party with open arms.

PARTY COLOR

The Atlas Liberal Democrats will be Pink

PARTY FLAG

Our party logo will be the pink yin yang sign to represent us in Atlasia.

CHAIR

I, #TheShadowyAbyss will be the Chair of the party until further notice.

Platform

1.) Economy - We at the Atlas Liberal Democrats believe the economy works best when we're at our best. We believe in a mixed market approach to the economy, by this we mean that businesses should not have to worry about major government interference but at the same time there needs to be regulations that will protect workers and guarantee rights for all workers.

2.) Taxes -  we at the Atlas Liberal Democrats believe that those who are struggling should not be burdened with taxes, those who make $10,000 or less should pay 0%, we also believe that those who make $250,000+ need to pay their fair share and be taxed at 55%. The added revenue we expect will go to funding low income schools and hospitals.

3.) LGBT+ rights - we at the Atlas Liberal Democrats believe the LGBT+ community to be an integral part of the country and we will work to keep the effort to protect these rights and expand on them. We will oppose any effort to repeal marriage rights or to rollback any LGBT+ rights we in Atlasia worked so hard for. However, we also believe religious organizations should have the freedom to deny or give marriage rights to anyone in their community and we will oppose any state effort to attack the religious community for this.

4.) Education -  We need better schools, we are all aware education is important for our future and as such, we believe more state funding is needed to ensure our students have the right supplies they need and the technology. Schools that do not meet the basic standards will have more invested and if this does not help them improve we will offer vouchers for students and parents who wish to transfer to a better school. STEM programs are the future and we believe those should be invested in.

5.) Foreign policy -  We are a non-interventionist party who believes we do not need to be involved in conflicts that do not involve us, there are nations who hate us for this simple reason and we must not further this anger. We will seek allies where there is opportunity and thus would be open to meeting with any world leader who wants to establish dialogue and relations with us. We do not see the need to have any troops on foreign soil and if the Liberal Democrats are in power we promise no Atlasian troops on foreign soil.

6.) Term Limits - we believe the populace and government works best when the government is held accountable to its people. We oppose endless elections and and believe that all offices bar governor and president should be limited to 4 terms at most and we will be fighting hard for this in all regions and offices. President and Governors will be limited to 2 terms.

Future platforms will be added soon! Stay tooned!

JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 02:01:04 AM »

Substitute Democrats for Justice and you have a Southern wing.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 02:01:39 AM »

Why did you chop off the convention center's balls
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 02:05:16 AM »

I mean do you want a whole bunch of baby convention centers running around?

Didn't think so.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 02:05:40 AM »

I'm glad that the Liberal Democrats are starting off strong in the most phallic shaped state capitol. Really helps curb the rumors that the Lib Dems are homophobic.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 09:33:02 AM »

Make the guy in my sig your party leader! And make a coalition with the Federalists! I want Liebor in control of everything come october! Tongue
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 10:43:49 AM »

Context? Where we're going, we don't need context.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2017, 10:55:35 AM »

x heatcharger or how ever this works.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2017, 03:20:11 PM »

I got to say I should have seen this coming with all the jokes
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2017, 03:46:37 PM »

This looks interesting. Best of luck to whoever actually joins.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2017, 04:29:22 PM »

I will consider joining.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2017, 09:33:56 PM »

I will also consider joining.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2017, 12:28:18 AM »

Will there been an upcoming platform that touches on issues such as the environment, criminal justice reform, multiculturalism and immigration, and other civil/social issues like abortion, guns, and so on? I'm certainly open to joining and endorsing this party, but I'd like to know the specifics on those issues first before I make anything official.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2017, 05:22:19 PM »

Platform update Pt. 2!

1.) Environment - We at the Liberal Democrats believe the environment is a vital importance to Atlasia, we believe that the environment needs even greater protections to ensure our children and their children have a clean and safe planet to play and live on.

2.) Guns - We believe gun ownership is a fundamental right, however, we believe checks should be placed so that people who shouldn't own guns don't own them, we believe mandatory background checks are necessary to own a weapon, and unless you have a hunters permit, no one should be allowed to own military grade weapons.

3.) Criminal Justice Reform - We believe that non-violent, victimless crimes should not be subject to long sentences. We believe that possession of marijuana is not a crime and those who are caught with any other drug such as Crack, etc., should be sent to rehab instead of prison, the Liberal Democrats believe that regions have the right to dictate sentencing policy in regard to more serious crimes such as murder or manslaughter, but as a party we are against the Death Penalty.

4.) Immigration - we believe that immigration is an overall good force for our nation, however we are opposed to limitless immigration, we believe those who do not have the skills necessary should not be allowed entry into our nation if they can't contribute to the economy, however that does not mean we are anti-immigrant.

5.) Abortion - We are a pro-choice party but believe each region has the right to determine its legality, we understand that abortion is a very emotionally taxing on a woman and it's a very intimate moment between her, her SO and her doctor. We believe resources should be set up to make sure abortion is a LAST OPTION for women, such as adoption counseling, etc.

#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2017, 11:13:51 PM »

Thank you guys for helping me make this party official!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2017, 11:59:32 PM »

I would be open to joining-this seems like a good party. However I am personally more to the left economically and also am wary of the foreign policy and term limits policies(my foreign policy views are more interventionist). I think your platform on the environment sounds good but needs more details. Would marijuana be legalized or just decriminalized in your platform?
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2017, 12:11:52 AM »

I would be open to joining-this seems like a good party. However I am personally more to the left economically and also am wary of the foreign policy and term limits policies(my foreign policy views are more interventionist). I think your platform on the environment sounds good but needs more details. Would marijuana be legalized or just decriminalized in your platform?

full legalization.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2017, 05:41:23 PM »

The Liberals Democrats can appoint the replcement for the House seat vacated by a member of the party.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2017, 05:45:45 PM »
« Edited: August 21, 2017, 05:48:39 PM by heatcharger »

So uh, as the only remaining member of the Atlas Liberal Democrats, I guess I'm the chairman and I appoint myself to serve out the remainder of CXSmith's term as a member of the House.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2017, 05:47:50 PM »

So what happens now? Do I roll dice or something?
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2017, 10:06:19 PM »

I believe the correct answer is, "Join Labor" Wink
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2018, 06:03:22 PM »

BUMP, Reviving this party
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2018, 06:05:49 PM »

Alright, but as Chair of the Peace Party, I want you to change your flag for obvious reasons. Tongue
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2018, 06:09:31 PM »

Alright, but as Chair of the Peace Party, I want you to change your flag for obvious reasons. Tongue

There I changed it lol.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2018, 06:11:57 PM »

Nick Clegg isn't honorary party president??
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies