Temporary Headquarters of the Labor Party (Leadership election)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:11:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Temporary Headquarters of the Labor Party (Leadership election)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16
Author Topic: Temporary Headquarters of the Labor Party (Leadership election)  (Read 21160 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: July 05, 2017, 05:55:07 AM »

How would the party feel about expanding the Congressional caucus so that senators have a role in it as well?  The left has had a de facto majority in the Senate for some time now and I'm running for PPT in the next session.  I think it would be appropriate for us to elect party leadership for Senate the same way we do for House.
Honestly,
You all do whatever you want, this kind of things is so irrelevant anyway.

For some reason, I picture an abusive, alcoholic father saying that to his son after he came home from school and wanted to show off his art class project.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #151 on: July 05, 2017, 05:57:14 AM »

How would the party feel about expanding the Congressional caucus so that senators have a role in it as well?  The left has had a de facto majority in the Senate for some time now and I'm running for PPT in the next session.  I think it would be appropriate for us to elect party leadership for Senate the same way we do for House.
Honestly,

For some reason, I picture an abusive, alcoholic father saying that to his son after he came home from school and wanted to show off his art class project.
I don't even drink alcohol at all Smiley.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #152 on: July 05, 2017, 07:37:49 AM »

Honestly,

I don't even drink alcohol at all Smiley.

Maybe, but I would note I have been in this game twice as long and am nowhere near as grumpy as you have become in your old age, Jambles. Tongue
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #153 on: July 05, 2017, 02:26:23 PM »

Senators already have the right to vote in elections for Caucus Leader, but if y'all want to have separate leader for the Senatorial and House caucuses, I'd be fine with that.

I would note that as of this time we have yet to successfully give any purpose to said positions. The Caucus positions were the ones I cooked up February, Peebs copied them and has done a better job keeping them filled, but beyond that have served little to no purpose, though both Labor and Feds have integrated them into the bylaws.
Yeah, this has been a persistent problem. When I proposed the position of Congressional Leader back in October, I envisioned it as a kind of join floor leader and party whip who would keep our representatives active and engaged in Congressional proceedings. I don't think it's ever been used as such, which is a shame, because Congress would certainly benefit from a greater degree of organization. As it is, we have a system where the Speaker of the House is effectively both majority leader and minority leader, which is not a very reasonable request to make of one person.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #154 on: July 05, 2017, 05:06:39 PM »

For all the stuff regarding congressional caucus or whatever, I delegate my power (if I have one) to Truman.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #155 on: July 05, 2017, 05:26:14 PM »

I heereby appoint illiniwek to the House of Representatives.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #156 on: July 05, 2017, 05:27:32 PM »

I left the labor party because it is not big enough a tent
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #157 on: July 05, 2017, 08:14:17 PM »

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Chief Justice and Party Chairman Windjammer for having the faith and trust in me to appoint me to the Atlasia House of Representatives. For those who do not know me, I am a patent lawyer with an engineering background, and I have dabbled in local electoral politics. Since my registration, I have been a citizen that was proud to take part in the Atlasian democratic experiment as a voter. Now, I am excited to take this big step up into the House of Representatives, where I can bring an outsider's prospective and an innovative approach to promote the vitality of the Constitution of Atlasia and the fundamental values it expresses: individual rights and liberties, genuine equality, access to justice, democracy, and the rule of law.

I would also like to take this opportunity to assure our party members that while I have not always voted 100% along the party line, I am committed to advocating for the progressive principals our Labor Party has fought for since its founding. I look forward to speaking with my fellow legislators, other government and public servants, and the common man about how we can improve the standard of living for every citizen in our great land.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #158 on: July 05, 2017, 08:17:07 PM »

I left the labor party because it is not big enough a tent
You were an Independent before, actually, so your advice about widening the tent is invalid. Tongue
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #159 on: July 05, 2017, 09:24:29 PM »

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Chief Justice and Party Chairman Windjammer for having the faith and trust in me to appoint me to the Atlasia House of Representatives. For those who do not know me, I am a patent lawyer with an engineering background, and I have dabbled in local electoral politics. Since my registration, I have been a citizen that was proud to take part in the Atlasian democratic experiment as a voter. Now, I am excited to take this big step up into the House of Representatives, where I can bring an outsider's prospective and an innovative approach to promote the vitality of the Constitution of Atlasia and the fundamental values it expresses: individual rights and liberties, genuine equality, access to justice, democracy, and the rule of law.

I would also like to take this opportunity to assure our party members that while I have not always voted 100% along the party line, I am committed to advocating for the progressive principals our Labor Party has fought for since its founding. I look forward to speaking with my fellow legislators, other government and public servants, and the common man about how we can improve the standard of living for every citizen in our great land.

This fellow Illinoisan and Congressman welcomes you to the Atlasian House of Representatives.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #160 on: July 06, 2017, 02:22:54 AM »

May you have a pleasureful time in the House serving the people of this wonderful nation!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #161 on: July 06, 2017, 08:20:17 AM »

This fellow Illinoisan and Congressman welcomes you to the Atlasian House of Representatives.

Half of the Labor Caucus is from Illinois. Deeply Disturbing! Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #162 on: July 06, 2017, 08:21:33 AM »

Senators already have the right to vote in elections for Caucus Leader, but if y'all want to have separate leader for the Senatorial and House caucuses, I'd be fine with that.

I would note that as of this time we have yet to successfully give any purpose to said positions. The Caucus positions were the ones I cooked up February, Peebs copied them and has done a better job keeping them filled, but beyond that have served little to no purpose, though both Labor and Feds have integrated them into the bylaws.
Yeah, this has been a persistent problem. When I proposed the position of Congressional Leader back in October, I envisioned it as a kind of join floor leader and party whip who would keep our representatives active and engaged in Congressional proceedings. I don't think it's ever been used as such, which is a shame, because Congress would certainly benefit from a greater degree of organization. As it is, we have a system where the Speaker of the House is effectively both majority leader and minority leader, which is not a very reasonable request to make of one person.

I got some ideas I would like to discuss with you on that matter, but not in this venue obviously, and when I am not pressed up against the clock.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #163 on: July 06, 2017, 12:26:55 PM »

Illinoisminati! They run the Liebor Party! Tongue
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #164 on: July 10, 2017, 04:04:31 AM »

Labor now totally controls Fremont with 2 senate seats, the Prime Minister seat and a majority in the Assembly.

Congrats on our newly elected senator. Smiley
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #165 on: July 10, 2017, 10:40:16 AM »

I appoint illiniwek to the House again !
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #166 on: July 10, 2017, 11:16:00 AM »

I would like to once again thank Chief Justice Windjammer for having the faith and trust in me for appointing me to the House of Representatives. I will keep this brief as I have recently addressed you, but I would like to build on my experience from my brief term during the last Congress, and I will work hard with our Labor caucus and my fellow Representatives to stand up for the rights and betterment of all of the great people in our land.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #167 on: July 10, 2017, 05:10:45 PM »

And now it's two thirds. Come back, CXS, the Everyone Else Resistance needs you!
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #168 on: August 07, 2017, 06:03:00 PM »

Because of my inactivity, and my desire to see Fremont have the best representation possible, I'll be resigning from the Atlasian Senate effective immediately.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #169 on: August 16, 2017, 03:52:31 PM »

Be sure to support our candidates in the August midterm elections this weekend! Now more than ever, Nyman needs leaders who can be counted on to oppose reactionary legislation, support reforms to our immigration and healthcare system, and defend the rights of the laboring classes. Plus, I made a banner:

JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #170 on: August 16, 2017, 07:51:38 PM »

I've been doing campaign rallies in recent days. Hopefully Labor gets more representation in the House.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #171 on: August 18, 2017, 01:00:35 AM »

Please vote the Labor Party slate this weekend! We need your support and turnout more than ever.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #172 on: August 19, 2017, 02:31:01 PM »

Labor turnout remains abysmally low. We must take steps to get our supporters to the polls!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #173 on: August 21, 2017, 05:39:44 AM »

Congratulations on Scott and Wallace for their reelection,we will hold the senate for at least 2 additional years.

And congratulations on Illiniwek, Peebs, VPH, LLR and Jgibson on their victory. We have now retaken control of the House for the first time since December 2016 (allies included). For the first time since August 2016, the majority of the House will be only made by Labor members. And for the first time ever in the history of the game post rebooth, Labor managed to win the absolute majority of the popular vote at the first round!
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #174 on: August 22, 2017, 10:09:50 AM »

Congratulations on Scott and Wallace for their reelection,we will hold the senate for at least 2 additional years.

2 years? Your majority is 4-2, and there are 2 elections for labor held senate seats in October, so you could lose your majority in just 2 months.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies