Temporary Headquarters of the Labor Party (Leadership election)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:56:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Temporary Headquarters of the Labor Party (Leadership election)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16
Author Topic: Temporary Headquarters of the Labor Party (Leadership election)  (Read 21214 times)
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: January 23, 2018, 06:45:40 PM »

TBF she is an alt right nazi/super leftwing/ libertarian/ moderate.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #251 on: January 23, 2018, 07:04:22 PM »

I don't know what the field will be. I'm still dedicated to serving in the Senate and if there's a fine candidate on the left then I might continue in the Senate.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #252 on: January 24, 2018, 06:56:46 AM »

Time to create a platform. What will Labor run on in February?

Protecting gun rights and religion.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #253 on: January 24, 2018, 08:00:22 AM »

1. Quantum Leap back on TV
2. Down with cis (mandatory snip-snips)
3. Kill all men (who refuse plank 2)
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #254 on: January 24, 2018, 08:36:00 AM »

1. Liquidating all assets
2. Labor leadership resigns
3. Labor dissolves into the Progressive Union Party
DFL

« Reply #255 on: January 24, 2018, 01:31:27 PM »

Bringing back Greedo
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #256 on: January 24, 2018, 01:32:55 PM »

Labor should run on the Platform of Abolishing the Labor Party.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #257 on: January 24, 2018, 05:40:33 PM »

1. Labour
2. Won't
3. Exist
4. By
5. February
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #258 on: January 24, 2018, 08:40:00 PM »

Where's the party chat?
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #259 on: January 24, 2018, 08:41:41 PM »

You need a party to have a party chat Tongue
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #260 on: January 24, 2018, 08:51:51 PM »

Lay off him, guys; you've made your point.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #261 on: January 24, 2018, 08:52:32 PM »

Adam is the currently elected Labor party chair.
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=711
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #262 on: January 24, 2018, 11:14:58 PM »

No, the bylaws state that if a Chair is inactive for a certain period of time (don't remember what it was, but Adam exceeded it bigly) they forfeit the Chairmanship. After that, it descended to Vice-Chair Scott, but now that he has left the party is completely leaderless, unless there's something in the bylaws I'm forgetting.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #263 on: January 24, 2018, 11:18:56 PM »

the sky is falling
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #264 on: January 25, 2018, 01:04:19 AM »

I've decided to join the PUP, and it looks like I'll be their nominee. This is the best way to get the Progressive alternative and presidency Atlasia needs. I think the ideal outcome will be a unification of both parties continuing the best of both and taking Atlasia into the future. Yet, while our parties are in flux, the principles and policies I stand for and will fight for remain the same. They will never change. That is why all Labor voters should vote for me, as I am the strongest alternative to the Federalists(I have never list an election) and I share your values and priorities and will make them a reality. I look forward to the coming contest-let's go win this election.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #265 on: January 25, 2018, 01:16:10 AM »

And you read all your letters from Oceans away
and you took them to the bottom of the sea
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #266 on: January 25, 2018, 01:20:55 AM »

It wasn't an easy decision no but I'm confident it's the right one.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #267 on: January 25, 2018, 01:26:31 AM »

That's actually a call back to the post I made when the first iteration of TPP dissolved in March 2013.

I think that at any point Labor could have been saved. It is no harder to save Labor than it is to create a new party from scratch. I have twice proved the correctness of this, both with the RPP in early 2010 and the Feds in early 2015.

It takes probably at least 3 people willing to commit to the effort and one of whom who is afire with the passion to see it happen.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #268 on: January 25, 2018, 01:32:49 AM »

That's actually a call back to the post I made when the first iteration of TPP dissolved in March 2013.

I think that at any point Labor could have been saved. It is no harder to save Labor than it is to create a new party from scratch. I have twice proved the correctness of this, both with the RPP in early 2010 and the Feds in early 2015.

It takes probably at least 3 people willing to commit to the effort and one of whom who is afire with the passion to see it happen.

I really did want to do that. I looked into it and tried to negotiate another arrangement with the PUP. However ultimately I'd prefer to actually have a strong chance rather than let my desire to save Labor harm the progressive cause. If it could've been saved it would have, but ultimately it's for the best now. However the policies and agenda will live on and Labor voters will have a good home with my candidacy.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #269 on: January 25, 2018, 02:17:17 AM »
« Edited: January 25, 2018, 02:18:55 AM by People's Speaker North Carolina Yankee »

I really did want to do that. I looked into it and tried to negotiate another arrangement with the PUP. However ultimately I'd prefer to actually have a strong chance rather than let my desire to save Labor harm the progressive cause. If it could've been saved it would have, but ultimately it's for the best now. However the policies and agenda will live on and Labor voters will have a good home with my candidacy.

Well that served as motivation, if the replacement is to be Hamilton's ARC and early Populares (a party that literally ran 3 or 4 socks of the same person for Regional Assembly and even went so far as to have them debate each other), you will try everything possible to preserve a respectable right of center party.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #270 on: January 25, 2018, 12:27:44 PM »

(a party that literally ran 3 or 4 socks of the same person for Regional Assembly and even went so far as to have them debate each other)

Wow, part of me wishes I was around back then just to see this
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #271 on: January 25, 2018, 12:30:08 PM »

(a party that literally ran 3 or 4 socks of the same person for Regional Assembly and even went so far as to have them debate each other)

Wow, part of me wishes I was around back then just to see this

That's how I feel everytime old man Yankee tells his old Atlasia war stories Tongue
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #272 on: January 25, 2018, 02:23:34 PM »

Perhaps on paper—but without airing too much dirty laundry, the internal situation within Labor over the last year had become, in a word, dysfunctional; and from the leadership's perspective, it increasingly felt like a remake of the Little Red Hen where nobody wants to bake, but everyone has some complaint to make about the bread. We'd call a cooks' meeting to try and work out the recipe, only to have someone come forward with a gluten allergy they'd never told anyone about before and storm over to the soup kitchen across the street, where they'd join the crowd of onlookers grousing about how the bakery is trying to poison their clientele. The end result, of course, is that all of your bakers eventually come to loathe their profession and decide to pursue other careers.

What is the moral of this story? I'm not quite sure, except perhaps that one should always assume that everyone is trying to do the good and honest thing rather than rushing to the self-righteous conclusion that you are Jesus and everyone who does not see as you see and act as you wish them to act is a dirty, rotten liar. That's a standard I've fallen short of at times; perhaps our youngest generation of citizens will learn from those mistakes.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #273 on: January 25, 2018, 04:10:38 PM »

I have announced my departure from Labor to the Progressive Union Party, echoing Pericles.

It is sad to see Labor go away like this.
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #274 on: January 27, 2018, 03:26:37 PM »
« Edited: January 29, 2018, 07:08:17 PM by HenryWallaceVP »

Wow, the Tuesday Night Massacre is making the Laborpocalypse 2017 seem like a golden age. However, I will stay loyal to my party. With that in mind, considering that the party is now leaderless, I would like to nominate myself for the leadership position.

However, because there is no current leader, I'm not sure how the nomination process would work. The bylaws, I believe, assume that there is always a leader of the party, acting or otherwise, so I don't believe that the bylaws detail how the party should choose a leader in the absence of any beforehand. So, although I'm not sure if this is allowed in the bylaws, I will declare for the nomination and request that I be nominated by acclamation. Of course, there is no one to request to, so I will consider myself to be elected by unanimous consent if no Laborite objects to my becoming leader within the next 48 hours.

I'm running because the party definitely needs a leader as soon as possible if it is to survive at all, and, although I could be mistaken, I believe that I am one of the few former or current federal officeholders who is still at least somewhat active in Atlasia who is currently still registered as a member of the Labor Party, considering all the sudden departures of prominent figures from the party that have occurred recently.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies