Temporary Headquarters of the Labor Party (Leadership election)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:24:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Temporary Headquarters of the Labor Party (Leadership election)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16
Author Topic: Temporary Headquarters of the Labor Party (Leadership election)  (Read 20993 times)
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: August 23, 2017, 07:39:56 AM »

Kind of odd that Labor is rallying behind someone who has been in their party for only 4 days, and has a long history with the Federalists.

But I guess windjammer's talks about the importance of party loyalty were meant to be applied very loosely Tongue
I know that you are in a sassy mode and you just want to send sarcasms. But I will still answer you.

Partisan loyalty means that if you are elected under the Labor banners, you don't betray the party by joining an another party after having been elected. Like what you apparently did, joining the feds after having been elected As Labor Southern Speaker, I consider that as a shocking betrayal and rest assured I will never try to convince you to run for chair Smiley .

Regarding TedBessel, he was a fed, he was an adversary to Labor, but he never betrayed Labor. So I have 0 problem with that. For example, my original feuds with Griffin didn't avoid US becoming key allies, partners in crime, something that is still true now even 3 years later. I made a temporary alliance with Yankee and Pit against a common enemy and there was no problem with that as we had just been adversaries with nothing betrayal related.

He also has never done anything for the party to prove he is even loyal to Labor. You are choosing someone who hasn't even been in the party for a week.

If you want to use comparisons involving me, I recommend making sure they are even relevant to the point being made. Unlike this situation with Ted, I didn't run for Chair of the Federalist party 4 days after joining because that would be silly, and our party members would have enough sense to not get behind someone who hasn't proven themselves fit for the position.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #201 on: August 23, 2017, 07:46:22 AM »

Kind of odd that Labor is rallying behind someone who has been in their party for only 4 days, and has a long history with the Federalists.

But I guess windjammer's talks about the importance of party loyalty were meant to be applied very loosely Tongue
I know that you are in a sassy mode and you just want to send sarcasms. But I will still answer you.

Partisan loyalty means that if you are elected under the Labor banners, you don't betray the party by joining an another party after having been elected. Like what you apparently did, joining the feds after having been elected As Labor Southern Speaker, I consider that as a shocking betrayal and rest assured I will never try to convince you to run for chair Smiley .

Regarding TedBessel, he was a fed, he was an adversary to Labor, but he never betrayed Labor. So I have 0 problem with that. For example, my original feuds with Griffin didn't avoid US becoming key allies, partners in crime, something that is still true now even 3 years later. I made a temporary alliance with Yankee and Pit against a common enemy and there was no problem with that as we had just been adversaries with nothing betrayal related.

He also has never done anything for the party to prove he is even loyal to Labor. You are choosing someone who hasn't even been in the party for a week.

If you want to use comparisons involving me, I recommend making sure they are even relevant to the point being made. Unlike this situation with Ted, I didn't run for Chair of the Federalist party 4 days after joining because that would be silly, and our party members would have enough sense to not get behind someone who hasn't proven themselves fit for the position.

Labor isn't a gerontocracy. Labor Chair is the role of the strategist, someone who makes party govt operations, someone who helps turn out voters. This role isn't meant for rewarding "years of being a labor party member".

And Teb Bessel has proven fit for this role, as he's a very good strategist, won a senate in perhaps the least fed region when he was a fed. This is why I have all confidence he will be good.

Yes, my point regarding you makes totally sense. I'm describing what according to me betrayal means, and it simply doesn't apply to Ted, it applies to you. Smiley

fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #202 on: August 23, 2017, 08:01:48 AM »

Labor isn't a gerontocracy. Labor Chair is the role of the strategist, someone who makes party govt operations, someone who helps turn out voters. This role isn't meant for rewarding "years of being a labor party member".

And Teb Bessel has proven fit for this role, as he's a very good strategist, won a senate in perhaps the least fed region when he was a fed. This is why I have all confidence he will be good.

Yes, my point regarding you makes totally sense. I'm describing what according to me betrayal means, and it simply doesn't apply to Ted, it applies to you. Smiley

Given the issues Labor has been having this year with weak and inconsistent leadership (something you have even said yourself, windjammer), you'd think the party would have a bit more sense than to elect not only a Federalist who has done nothing for their party, but an inactive player as well.

But meh, not my party, not my problem. At least it will be interesting to watch y'all scrambling to elect another party leader in a few months when this doesn't work out as planned Wink
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #203 on: August 23, 2017, 08:02:34 AM »

I want to thank Windjammer for everything he has done for me and for the party, and I would like to fourth in support of Ted to the party chairmanship.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #204 on: August 23, 2017, 08:06:14 AM »

Given the issues Labor has been having this year with weak and inconsistent leadership (something you have even said yourself, windjammer), you'd think the party would have a bit more sense than to elect not only a Federalist who has done nothing for their party, but an inactive player as well.

But meh, not my party, not my problem. At least it will be interesting to watch y'all scrambling to elect another party leader in a few months when this doesn't work out as planned Wink

Well,
Fhtagn, I see no reason to continue talking to you in this thread as it makes no sense. I have made my point about why I believe Ted Bessell will be a good Chair as he's a good strategist and has never done anything to betray Labor, but there is no way I will convince you, and no offense but it isn't really my concern either lol.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #205 on: August 23, 2017, 08:12:11 AM »

I must say, I am touched by this effusion of empathy from leading members of the Federalist Party. I am sure they speak out of genuine concern for the welfare of the party, and are not simply bitter over being trounced in the midterms.

How curious that the individual now marked as "inactive" was as recently as four months ago being promoted by the Federalist leadership as the only sure guarantor of active government in the Senate; a truly fascinating insight into the psychology of the opposition!
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #206 on: August 23, 2017, 08:27:07 AM »

Ultimately, this back and forth argument proves why both sides are bad and is the main reason I became an independent again because seriously, both sides are like "you did it first!!!1!!"

Labor: I think you chose Ted because you literally have no one else.....that's fine I guess. If you think he won the Senate election by himself and through "his" strategizing I have a condo (and a consulting service Wink ) to sell you. Also Truman, lol, you literally had to move to Fremont and become Governor/PM because Ted abandoned the region.

Federalists: omg stop arguing in this thread, you should've seen this coming when he supported Hillary back in the Fall.....not to mention all the petty policy arguments constantly going back and forth since then, it was coming the whole time and you know it.

The simple truth is that the only way to fix the situation for either party is to hire the services of dfwlibertylover campaign consulting services inc., our policy is, we'll even work for Cora!

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=271293.msg5793832#msg5793832
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #207 on: August 23, 2017, 08:31:01 AM »

Also Truman, lol, you literally had to move to Fremont and become Governor/PM because Ted abandoned the region.
Not to be a contrarian, but that is literally not true. My initial election as governor/prime minister/princeps came after GAWorth abandoned the region; Ted's term as governor ended months before I ever stepped foot in the region.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #208 on: August 23, 2017, 08:31:53 AM »

Also Truman, lol, you literally had to move to Fremont and become Governor/PM because Ted abandoned the region.
Not to be a contrarian, but that is literally not true. My initial election as governor/prime minister/princeps came after GAWorth abandoned the region; Ted's term as governor ended months before I ever stepped foot in the region.
Everybody with the Federalists knew for a fact that Ted set off the chain, had he chosen to remain an active Governor, you'd still be in Lincoln right now.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #209 on: August 23, 2017, 08:33:15 AM »

Everybody with the Federalists knew for a fact that Ted set off the chain, had he chosen to remain an active Governor, you'd still be in Lincoln right now.
If that is true, then as I say:

a truly fascinating insight into the psychology of the opposition!
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #210 on: August 23, 2017, 08:35:24 AM »

Yes but now ironically enough neither side can attack each other because the Federalists would be at fault for Ted back then, and if Labor attacks on it they'd be attacking their own chair.........
which is why I get back to

The simple truth is that the only way to fix the situation for either party is to hire the services of dfwlibertylover campaign consulting services inc., our policy is, we'll even work for Cora!

LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #211 on: August 23, 2017, 08:50:11 AM »

I proudly endorse Ted to become the next leader, and I'm still salty about April so...
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #212 on: August 23, 2017, 10:38:03 AM »

Ultimately, this back and forth argument proves why both sides are bad and is the main reason I became an independent again because seriously, both sides are like "you did it first!!!1!!"

Labor: I think you chose Ted because you literally have no one else.....that's fine I guess. If you think he won the Senate election by himself and through "his" strategizing I have a condo (and a consulting service Wink ) to sell you. Also Truman, lol, you literally had to move to Fremont and become Governor/PM because Ted abandoned the region.

Federalists: omg stop arguing in this thread, you should've seen this coming when he supported Hillary back in the Fall.....not to mention all the petty policy arguments constantly going back and forth since then, it was coming the whole time and you know it.

There were Plenty of Hillary Republicans, and Trump Democrats, and no one cares about your consulting business.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #213 on: August 23, 2017, 12:15:46 PM »
« Edited: August 23, 2017, 12:24:12 PM by dfwlibertylover »

There were Plenty of Hillary Republicans, and Trump Democrats,

Wulfric, what even does that have to do with anything anyone said in this thread....

and no one cares about your consulting business.

As always, fake news. I already have a growing Clientele list.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #214 on: August 23, 2017, 12:27:38 PM »

Wulfric, what even does that have to do with anything anyone said in this thread....

Your whole voting for Hillary = about to become a progressive line.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #215 on: August 23, 2017, 12:28:34 PM »

Your whole voting for Hillary = about to become a progressive line.
I mean sure some of the "GOP" people did vote for her, but he was a Hillary hack lol and was also excited about dems taking Congress
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #216 on: August 23, 2017, 01:19:52 PM »

And to think I assumed you quit/became an independent because your air conditioner broke again!

Anyway, considering that pretty much everybody arguing in this thread hasn't been around long enough to experience our partisan politics first-hand and considering there was literally only one person to hold the Labor Chairmanship before I did, I probably have more (relevant) perspective than anybody.

It's not uncommon per se for people to become Labor Chair after a short time (I was only four months old when I took on the game's most powerful executive position!). I recall instances of people being brought back to the game after years, merely to step almost instantly into the role. I recall complete nobodies stepping into the role. It's not exactly unprecedented. It may or may not work out, but I can tell you that there's absolutely no correlation between length of time in the game and/or party and the amount of effort a Chair has provided.

To those who are "worried" about what they think precedent suggests, all I have to say is: have fun replacing Potus in 3 weeks.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #217 on: August 23, 2017, 01:47:22 PM »

And to think I assumed you quit/became an independent because your air conditioner broke again!

Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #218 on: August 23, 2017, 02:57:57 PM »

I congratulate the Labor Party on having the Atlasian Equivalent of 1986.
So inactive Feds can just join Labor and waltz into the Chairmanship? Am I the only one who finds that sad?

(Also...hmmm...Ted's getting a pretty good deal here...maybe I should become a "proud progressive" Wink)
omg that was actually a good bit of sass from Windjammer for once

Get out.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #219 on: August 24, 2017, 11:03:36 PM »

I second the nomination of Ted Bessell for Chair of the Labor National Committee, and move that this convention affirm his election by acclamation.
Seeing no objection, Ted Bessell is elected by acclamation. Congratulations, Mr. Chairman!
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #220 on: September 03, 2017, 12:11:59 PM »

In my capacity as Labor Chair, I hereby appoint TheShadowyAbyss (LibertarianRepublican) to the vacant seat in the House of Representatives.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #221 on: September 03, 2017, 12:23:00 PM »
« Edited: September 03, 2017, 12:24:41 PM by Delegate #TheShadowyAbyss »

I kindly reject the offer to be in the HoR, I have no desire to be in the House.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #222 on: September 03, 2017, 12:37:11 PM »

Er, I guess I retract the appointment. Tongue
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #223 on: September 08, 2017, 09:01:18 PM »

I hereby appoint Harry S. Truman to fill the vacancy in the House of Representatives. No, this doesn't mean he has to abandon the premiership of Fremont -- you can't be elected to two offices, but you can be appointed to two.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #224 on: September 08, 2017, 09:41:17 PM »
« Edited: September 08, 2017, 09:52:37 PM by Governor Leinad »

Regional executive and Senator Representative? Uh...I don't think you can do that. Tongue

(edit: Rep. not Sen., I guess my mind's still partially stuck pre-reset)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies