Temporary Headquarters of the Labor Party (Leadership election) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:19:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Temporary Headquarters of the Labor Party (Leadership election) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Temporary Headquarters of the Labor Party (Leadership election)  (Read 21283 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: June 26, 2017, 09:25:09 PM »

I'm running.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 09:47:10 PM »

I am running for chair of labor because why not #writeindfw
DFWlaborlover will win instead! Tongue
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 09:53:17 PM »

Tongue
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 09:57:26 PM »

I think I will go to sleep I don't understand anything.

But seriously, who isis really running ?
- Windjammer
- TimTurner
- Peebs
- dfwlibertylover (write in)
- fhtagn (write in)
It's possible Peebs' saying one of her goals was making me chair counts as an endorsement? It's confusing. This thought in praticular was probably just wishful thinking.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 10:36:13 PM »

I think I will go to sleep I don't understand anything.

But seriously, who isis really running ?
- Windjammer
- TimTurner
- Peebs
- dfwlibertylover (write in)
- fhtagn (write in)
It's possible Peebs' saying one of her goals was making me chair counts as an endorsement? It's confusing. This thought in praticular was probably just wishful thinking.
One of Mike's goals was making windjammer chair, but he went on to endorse me. Wink

Also, I support rpryor's plan to make Scott Blakula Overlord of the Labor Party.
What are you talking about? Evidently, Vicky the babysitter has earned that job! Tongue
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 11:18:07 PM »

I'll second Tim, Smith, and Windjammer.
What are you talking about? Evidently, Vicky the babysitter has earned that job! Tongue
Look, Tim, I'm a centrist. Both sides do it. How about we make Vicky and Blakula co-Overlords (moderate hero)?
That could be a good compromise. Tongue
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 09:38:35 AM »

I leave for two days... someone explain to me what the heck is going on please
DFW won a yuge landslide, NeverAgain gave up the chairmanship of Liebor, Harry S. Truman became interim chair, OneJ resigned and then deregistered, and JGibson was appointed in his place. There's uncertainty as whom will get elected to the third seat in the Lincoln Assembly. Peebs, me, and Windjammer, also some others, are running for the position of Liebor chair on permanent basis.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 09:46:15 AM »

I was gonna make a "Tim is an honorable man" joke, but I couldn't have it make any sense. Tongue
Some Inca character: 'I don't hate Tim. He's a decent man'.
Oh wait I just referenced an anime set in 1500s Peru. RIP Kentucky Democrats.
Tongue
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2017, 06:41:00 PM »

LABOR PARTY OF ATLASIA
EMERGENCY LEADERSHIP ELECTION
JUNE-JULY 2017

FOR CHAIR
[ 1 ] Tim Turner of the South
[ 2 ] Windjammer of Fremont
[   ] Write-in :
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2017, 10:39:13 PM »

(48 hours have passed)

I congratulate Windjammer on his election as Labor Chair, and encourage him to dissolve the labor party.

Knowing Windjammer, he is probably more likely to dissolve you for annoying him than anything else. Tongue

He has the power you know. I think he picked it up with a magic amulet somewhere in France, a truly magical place.

DId someone mention a magic amulet? !
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2017, 12:45:41 AM »

As someone who has been registered Labor my entire time in Atlasia, I was shocked to see our margin in the last election. It was big. It made me worry critically about the future of the party. I decided I would run for Chair around that time, because I won't let the party that I have always been with and have always served loyally suffer in such fashion and I will do what i can to make a difference to prevent that.

I did not prevail, but I do want to make clear my desire to help advance the party in the months ahead. I lost and Windjammer won; but we are all Laborites, and we are bound by common purpose and sharing common interests. We must work together as a party. We should strive to make the Labor brand golden again, and put hard work into rebuilding. We should make sure people in our party put in pride in their party card and the fact they are members of our glorious party.

I for one am willing to work towards this even if I am not asked. I want work. I want to be one of those who serves our incoming chair Windjammer. Ideally many more shall think the same. I congralute Windjammer on his win, wish him well, and call upon all Laborites to make themselves available in the months ahead for the task of helping rebuild the party. I believe Windjammer is up to the task. He recruited me into the party back in 2015, and I have had the pleasure of knowing him. Together, me, Windjammer, and every laborites, we should all work together. Rebuilding begins now.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2017, 02:22:54 AM »

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Chief Justice and Party Chairman Windjammer for having the faith and trust in me to appoint me to the Atlasia House of Representatives. For those who do not know me, I am a patent lawyer with an engineering background, and I have dabbled in local electoral politics. Since my registration, I have been a citizen that was proud to take part in the Atlasian democratic experiment as a voter. Now, I am excited to take this big step up into the House of Representatives, where I can bring an outsider's prospective and an innovative approach to promote the vitality of the Constitution of Atlasia and the fundamental values it expresses: individual rights and liberties, genuine equality, access to justice, democracy, and the rule of law.

I would also like to take this opportunity to assure our party members that while I have not always voted 100% along the party line, I am committed to advocating for the progressive principals our Labor Party has fought for since its founding. I look forward to speaking with my fellow legislators, other government and public servants, and the common man about how we can improve the standard of living for every citizen in our great land.
May you have a pleasureful time in the House serving the people of this wonderful nation!
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2017, 12:26:55 PM »

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Chief Justice and Party Chairman Windjammer for having the faith and trust in me to appoint me to the Atlasia House of Representatives. For those who do not know me, I am a patent lawyer with an engineering background, and I have dabbled in local electoral politics. Since my registration, I have been a citizen that was proud to take part in the Atlasian democratic experiment as a voter. Now, I am excited to take this big step up into the House of Representatives, where I can bring an outsider's prospective and an innovative approach to promote the vitality of the Constitution of Atlasia and the fundamental values it expresses: individual rights and liberties, genuine equality, access to justice, democracy, and the rule of law.

I would also like to take this opportunity to assure our party members that while I have not always voted 100% along the party line, I am committed to advocating for the progressive principals our Labor Party has fought for since its founding. I look forward to speaking with my fellow legislators, other government and public servants, and the common man about how we can improve the standard of living for every citizen in our great land.

This fellow Illinoisan and Congressman welcomes you to the Atlasian House of Representatives.

Half of the Labor Caucus is from Illinois. Deeply Disturbing! Tongue
Illinoisminati! They run the Liebor Party! Tongue
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2018, 03:18:02 PM »

Official Labor Party Ballot:
Proposal: Are you in favor of the merger of the Labor Party with the Progressive Union Party?
[X] YES
[] NO
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2018, 06:43:57 AM »
« Edited: April 06, 2018, 06:47:24 AM by Punxsutawney Phil »

Is there an argument that the fact Wallace PMed many Labor members repeatedly to no avail, that this fact means that in essence they got due notice and as such their rights of free association were not abriged?
Bear in mind that many Laborites are zombie voters who only pop up during election time.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2018, 01:09:29 PM »

Griffin himself voted in favor. How many Labor members, gun-to-head, wouldn't have followed in favor? Especially as the party has declined over the past months.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies