Temporary Headquarters of the Labor Party (Leadership election) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:26:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Temporary Headquarters of the Labor Party (Leadership election) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Temporary Headquarters of the Labor Party (Leadership election)  (Read 21198 times)
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« on: June 26, 2017, 09:34:42 PM »

Well, that sucked. This election was rough. And it might be someone's fault. And it might be tempting to find that someone. And you might want to see if they float. But, what we really need is to look to the future. We need a change. We need a new leader who will turn things around: windjammer.

Also I'm running too. Fhtagn said she might come back to Labor if I become chair, so. . .

My three goals would be:

1) Secession as part of the Labor platform.
2) Dfw got his thread started before I could post this, so I'll just say right now it wasn't his idea and we should not give him credit for it ever.
3) Making windjammer chair.

Thank you, and I hope you vote your conscience.

20:23   fhtagn   mwells windjammer said mean things about me why would I want to come back if you make him chair

There goes my only selling point. Dropping out and endorsing Peebs for chair.

I'm flattered. *blushes*

not that I get a say in this, but #Peebs4chair
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 09:50:06 PM »

Given that there is so much demand for me to come back, I will also be throwing my name in for Labor Chair.

#writeinfhtagn
#dfwisalreadyapartychair

My three goals would be:
1. Finding out why everyone wants me back so bad.
2. Baking everyone cookies because why not.
3. Making Peebs chair.

Thank you, and I hope you vote your conscience.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 11:13:04 PM »

Everyone knows that West_Midlander is trying to make the Commie Feds great again. Despite my jokes, fhtagn is not a True Commie Fed™, so... Tongue

#MakeCommieFedsGreatAgain
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 11:02:26 PM »

Kind of odd that Labor is rallying behind someone who has been in their party for only 4 days, and has a long history with the Federalists.

But I guess windjammer's talks about the importance of party loyalty were meant to be applied very loosely Tongue
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 07:39:56 AM »

Kind of odd that Labor is rallying behind someone who has been in their party for only 4 days, and has a long history with the Federalists.

But I guess windjammer's talks about the importance of party loyalty were meant to be applied very loosely Tongue
I know that you are in a sassy mode and you just want to send sarcasms. But I will still answer you.

Partisan loyalty means that if you are elected under the Labor banners, you don't betray the party by joining an another party after having been elected. Like what you apparently did, joining the feds after having been elected As Labor Southern Speaker, I consider that as a shocking betrayal and rest assured I will never try to convince you to run for chair Smiley .

Regarding TedBessel, he was a fed, he was an adversary to Labor, but he never betrayed Labor. So I have 0 problem with that. For example, my original feuds with Griffin didn't avoid US becoming key allies, partners in crime, something that is still true now even 3 years later. I made a temporary alliance with Yankee and Pit against a common enemy and there was no problem with that as we had just been adversaries with nothing betrayal related.

He also has never done anything for the party to prove he is even loyal to Labor. You are choosing someone who hasn't even been in the party for a week.

If you want to use comparisons involving me, I recommend making sure they are even relevant to the point being made. Unlike this situation with Ted, I didn't run for Chair of the Federalist party 4 days after joining because that would be silly, and our party members would have enough sense to not get behind someone who hasn't proven themselves fit for the position.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 08:01:48 AM »

I know that you are in a sassy mode and you just want to send sarcasms. But I will still answer you.

Partisan loyalty means that if you are elected under the Labor banners, you don't betray the party by joining an another party after having been elected. Like what you apparently did, joining the feds after having been elected As Labor Southern Speaker, I consider that as a shocking betrayal and rest assured I will never try to convince you to run for chair Smiley .

Regarding TedBessel, he was a fed, he was an adversary to Labor, but he never betrayed Labor. So I have 0 problem with that. For example, my original feuds with Griffin didn't avoid US becoming key allies, partners in crime, something that is still true now even 3 years later. I made a temporary alliance with Yankee and Pit against a common enemy and there was no problem with that as we had just been adversaries with nothing betrayal related.

He also has never done anything for the party to prove he is even loyal to Labor. You are choosing someone who hasn't even been in the party for a week.

If you want to use comparisons involving me, I recommend making sure they are even relevant to the point being made. Unlike this situation with Ted, I didn't run for Chair of the Federalist party 4 days after joining because that would be silly, and our party members would have enough sense to not get behind someone who hasn't proven themselves fit for the position.

Labor isn't a gerontocracy. Labor Chair is the role of the strategist, someone who makes party govt operations, someone who helps turn out voters. This role isn't meant for rewarding "years of being a labor party member".

And Teb Bessel has proven fit for this role, as he's a very good strategist, won a senate in perhaps the least fed region when he was a fed. This is why I have all confidence he will be good.

Yes, my point regarding you makes totally sense. I'm describing what according to me betrayal means, and it simply doesn't apply to Ted, it applies to you. Smiley

Given the issues Labor has been having this year with weak and inconsistent leadership (something you have even said yourself, windjammer), you'd think the party would have a bit more sense than to elect not only a Federalist who has done nothing for their party, but an inactive player as well.

But meh, not my party, not my problem. At least it will be interesting to watch y'all scrambling to elect another party leader in a few months when this doesn't work out as planned Wink
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 12:30:08 PM »

(a party that literally ran 3 or 4 socks of the same person for Regional Assembly and even went so far as to have them debate each other)

Wow, part of me wishes I was around back then just to see this

That's how I feel everytime old man Yankee tells his old Atlasia war stories Tongue
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2018, 02:10:12 AM »

It would seem rather terrible for people to be registered under a party affiliation they never agreed to based on the vote of 4 people.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies