Temporary Headquarters of the Labor Party (Leadership election) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:56:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Temporary Headquarters of the Labor Party (Leadership election) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Temporary Headquarters of the Labor Party (Leadership election)  (Read 21280 times)
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« on: June 26, 2017, 09:47:41 PM »

West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 09:58:36 PM »

For what it's worth, I think TimTurner/Peebs as chair/vicechair would be highly agreeable! Smiley
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 08:21:33 AM »

West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 09:19:18 PM »
« Edited: June 29, 2017, 09:23:23 PM by Delegate West_Midlander »

I have a question before we vote. Mr. Windjammer, as the current Chief Justice, will you resign your post on the Supreme Court is you become a partisan official?
No
Oakvale was Justice and chair of the TPP, Yankee was Justice and chair of the feds and it didn't bother anyone.
I don't plan to be chair for a long period anyway, just to fix some things and go back to retirement (if elected of course!)
Good answer. It aggravated me so much IRL when Ellison promised to leave the House if he became chair (after asked/pressured if he would), while Corporate Dems had no problem w/ Debbie Wasserman Schultz holding a House seat & the DNC Chair-ship. (He and the asker are at fault FWIW, they gave him a loaded, hypocritical question, and he just bent to their will).
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 09:36:42 PM »

I have a question before we vote. Mr. Windjammer, as the current Chief Justice, will you resign your post on the Supreme Court is you become a partisan official?
No
Oakvale was Justice and chair of the TPP, Yankee was Justice and chair of the feds and it didn't bother anyone.
I don't plan to be chair for a long period anyway, just to fix some things and go back to retirement (if elected of course!)
Good answer. It aggravated me so much IRL when Ellison promised to leave the House if he became chair (after asked/pressured if he would), while Corporate Dems had no problem w/ Debbie Wasserman Schultz holding a House seat & the DNC Chair-ship. (He and the asker are at fault FWIW, they gave him a loaded, hypocritical question, and he just bent to their will).
I'm curious,
You seem to support the Sanders faction, so you are not a moderate and clearly a very leftwing progressive.

So why did you join a party who is ideologically a center-right party with some center left liberals?
The Old Guard of the Party had been, when I joined as very much so prior, orthodox in promoting a continuous adherence to 'party policy' among party-members, imo. Though it seems that era may have died alongside Nev's activity in Atlasia.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 09:43:58 PM »

No
I'm curious,
You seem to support the Sanders faction, so you are not a moderate and clearly a very leftwing progressive.

So why did you join a party who is ideologically a center-right party with some center left liberals?
The Old Guard of the Party had been, when I joined as very much so prior, orthodox in promoting a continuous adherence to 'party policy' among party-members, imo. Though it seems that era may have died alongside Nev's activity in Atlasia.
That doesn't explain why you have joined a center right party.
Like you said, the Feds have quite a few center-leftists, as well. I think the Federalist Main Street Partnership will do a lot to make the party more moderate.

EDIT: And Indy/Lib Dem registration practically denotes a wish to 'die off in the wilderness.'
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 09:52:46 PM »

No
I'm curious,

Like you said, the Feds have quite a few center-leftists, as well. I think the Federalist Main Street Partnership will do a lot to make the party more moderate.
But you aren't a moderate liberal , you supported Sanders.
I am a Progressive, I supported Sanders. But I am deeply bipartisan. I have some centrist/center-right stances. With the existence of the ACP, the Federalists (esp. under the leadership of dfw) are barely right of center. What better way to move the conversation, yes, to the left, but more importantly, in a Populist, anti-Establishment direction, than to participate in a field of differing ideas as opposed to an echo chamber?
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 09:57:15 PM »

No
I'm curious,

To West_Midlander's defense, the President has, at least in public, been posing as left of center.
He also backs Peebs for Governor, so he clearly isn't a party-line Federalist voter. I found his reasoning a bit lacking, but that's his decision.
I'd like to add that my endorsements do not reflect a partisan nature, whatsoever, endorsing a Federalist for President and two Federalists for the House, as well as a Liberal Democrat and 3 Laborites for CoD as well as Peebs for Governor.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2017, 10:01:23 PM »
« Edited: June 29, 2017, 10:06:49 PM by Delegate West_Midlander »

No
I'm curious,

I am a Progressive, I supported Sanders. But I am deeply bipartisan. I have some centrist/center-right stances. With the existence of the ACP, the Federalists (esp. under the leadership of dfw) are barely right of center. What better way to move the conversation, yes, to the left, but more importantly, in a Populist, anti-Establishment direction, than to participate in a field of differing ideas as opposed to an echo chamber?
Being bipartisan means that you can work with the opposition on various issues to get things done. That doesn't mean you have to become a member of the other party.

That is this kind of thing that almost killed the game some years ago and that is killing it today. Parties must have some "coherence" ideologically, in order for the voter to have a clear choice.

That doesn't make any sense for a Sanders leftwing person to join a centrist to rightwing party.
Parties don't have to occupy one singularity of ideology. In the 30s, Southern Democrats shared the same affiliation with Progressives, leftys and New Dealers under the Roosevelt Coalition (all registered Democratic).

Even today, major, functioning parties (the Democrats for example) have factions that vary heavily (Dems are typically liberal (left-center), with a Left-wing populist faction, a Progressive faction and even Centrist and Conservative factions).

Bipartisanship is not the prime reason for the switch, the conditions that spawned my party change were described above.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2017, 10:12:14 PM »
« Edited: June 29, 2017, 10:18:50 PM by Delegate West_Midlander »

No
I'm curious,

Being bipartisan means that you can work with the opposition on various issues to get things done. That doesn't mean you have to become a member of the other party.

That is this kind of thing that almost killed the game some years ago and that is killing it today. Parties must have some "coherence" ideologically, in order for the voter to have a clear choice.

That doesn't make any sense for a Sanders leftwing person to join a centrist to rightwing party.
Parties don't have to occupy one singularity of ideology. In the 30s, Southern Democrats shared the same affiliation with Progressives, leftys and New Dealers under the Roosevelt Coalition (all registered Democratic).
Well that was a coalition of progressive and racist whites united to create the welfare state.

I fail to see how a "Sanders progressive" has anything in common with the federalists like Pit.

It would be impossible to align with every member of the Federalists or any other party. Not to mention, PiT has a lot of common-sense stances that anyone can get on board with.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2017, 10:25:15 PM »

No
I'm curious,

Well that was a coalition of progressive and racist whites united to create the welfare state.

I fail to see how a "Sanders progressive" has anything in common with the federalists like Pit.

It would be impossible to align with every member of the Federalists or any other party.
The problem is that you don't even align with a majority of them.
What sets this standard? Literally, the existence of minority factions in political parties, past and present, rules this out as a necessity. I see it as a pragmatic, coherent choice to side with a common-sense, effective party generally without a party-line orthodoxy, that has the means at its disposal, through electability, to secure freedoms, and quality of life and condition for the citizenry.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2017, 11:26:36 PM »

So I hereby appoint 3 regional coordinators:
-Truman for Fremont
-Scott for Lincoln
-Peebs for South
Good picks tbh.

I congratulate Windjammer on his election as Labor Chair.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies