A radical new plan for Atlasia - Confederation of Atlasia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:56:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A radical new plan for Atlasia - Confederation of Atlasia
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: A radical new plan for Atlasia - Confederation of Atlasia  (Read 3711 times)
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 26, 2017, 07:06:07 PM »
« edited: June 26, 2017, 07:12:55 PM by President dfwlibertylover »

Aside from my previous rant, I do admit the game has problems and we need some major changes to spice things up, here are some of the basics of my WIP plan:

- Atlasia would no longer be a Republic but would rather become a Confederacy of nations.
- The nations would be Lincoln, Fremont, and the South as their own nations.
- The South, Fremont, and Lincoln would be nations which would elect their own Presidents (or leaders), have their own congress, parliament, what have you, and would have full autonomy.
- The 3 "nations" would now also elect a chair of some sort, such as a Secretary General or a President of the Confederation of Atlasia, this person would be responsible for overseeing the confederacy and would have specific roles as defined in the new Constitution.
- This plan is a WORK IN PROGRESS and suggestions are requested and help is requested on making this plan a full draft with the potential for a new Constitution to be written as well. Think of this is as a much better and much more advanced EU, if you will.

Edit: if you support this plan feel free to sign below
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 07:14:13 PM »

X Ben Kenobi
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 07:17:02 PM »

x fhtagn
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 07:20:21 PM »

Not supporting just yet, but this is interesting.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 07:26:09 PM »

I would just like to state publicly that this is not something I'm eager to support.  Such a radical plan would likely require another ConCon and subsequent reset, and we've already poured so much time and work just into updating and cleaning the Wiki.  For now, I think we should stick with the status quo.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 07:31:04 PM »

- Northern Governor, MikeWells

Atlasia needs a change.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 07:36:02 PM »

The Union forever, hurrah, boys, hurrah...
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2017, 08:24:54 PM »

Supported.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2017, 08:27:24 PM »

¡Viva la Revolución!
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2017, 08:34:23 PM »

Myself and the Liberal Democrats are opposed to the plan to convert our glorious Republic into a Confederation, we are stronger together.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2017, 08:35:17 PM »

x CXSmith
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2017, 08:44:11 PM »

As somebody who jokingly considered Southern Independence less than a two weeks ago. I was originally for this plan of a confederacy. However, the conversations with the voters on all sides of the aisle including Scott, I have partaken in, have led me to the idea that this proposal is bad for Atlasia. Sure, our nation needs a lot of help but compared to where we were when I started the ConCon process two years ago, we are in a lot better place. No to Confederacy, Yes to a Republic!
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2017, 08:51:18 PM »

I do not support this at all..
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2017, 09:42:47 PM »

I would just like to state publicly that this is not something I'm eager to support.  Such a radical plan would likely require another ConCon and subsequent reset, and we've already poured so much time and work just into updating and cleaning the Wiki.  For now, I think we should stick with the status quo.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2017, 09:49:07 PM »

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2017, 09:54:02 PM »

I've always supported strong regional governments, and while conventionally reducing the size of regional governments has been seen as a solution to inactivity, reducing the size of the federal government might work just as well. This plan has my tentative support.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2017, 10:43:35 PM »

I've supported this idea repeatedly during my time in Atlasia and I'd support it again.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2017, 10:46:22 PM »

This is an idea that I have spoken in favor of for years. Naturally I will be supporting this one.

X Senator PiT, PPT
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2017, 10:52:24 PM »

I don't agree with this plan partly because the old Con Con took so much work and partly because I think the game is better with a federal government that has power. If it has power, then people would want to run for positions on said level of government, and that enlivens politics; people won't stay in regional politics forever just because it's the only branch that matters. This layered element just wouldn't be there with a Confederation; it would just be glorified regional politics with a layer gutted of significance. I support strong regions, but this is a step too far.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2017, 11:08:13 PM »

I propose a referendum.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2017, 11:10:41 PM »

Well, it did work with britain re: the european union. Tongue
(sarcasm)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2017, 07:24:11 AM »

I don't agree with this plan partly because the old Con Con took so much work and partly because I think the game is better with a federal government that has power. If it has power, then people would want to run for positions on said level of government, and that enlivens politics; people won't stay in regional politics forever just because it's the only branch that matters. This layered element just wouldn't be there with a Confederation; it would just be glorified regional politics with a layer gutted of significance. I support strong regions, but this is a step too far.

I think (I hope!) the idea would be that having separate nations would lead to diplomacy—that the idea of it being a "Confederacy" would be loose indeed.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2017, 08:17:08 AM »

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2017, 10:33:24 AM »

This doesn't change the fundamental problem with gameplay (which I ranted and ranted about in October) and simply like the last con-con changes the name, and legalism behind our system without actually doing anything else.

Even if we have nations, with there own leaders, and parliaments, it still won't change the fact that there's no policy simulation in the game, and that activity only seems to occur around election period. We've had this exact problem since summer '15, and we haven't fixed it.
FairBol
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2017, 10:49:11 AM »

Aside from my previous rant, I do admit the game has problems and we need some major changes to spice things up, here are some of the basics of my WIP plan:

- Atlasia would no longer be a Republic but would rather become a Confederacy of nations.
- The nations would be Lincoln, Fremont, and the South as their own nations.
- The South, Fremont, and Lincoln would be nations which would elect their own Presidents (or leaders), have their own congress, parliament, what have you, and would have full autonomy.
- The 3 "nations" would now also elect a chair of some sort, such as a Secretary General or a President of the Confederation of Atlasia, this person would be responsible for overseeing the confederacy and would have specific roles as defined in the new Constitution.
- This plan is a WORK IN PROGRESS and suggestions are requested and help is requested on making this plan a full draft with the potential for a new Constitution to be written as well. Think of this is as a much better and much more advanced EU, if you will.

Edit: if you support this plan feel free to sign below

Interested to hear the debate on why this is needed. 
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies