What is going on with Trump and Syria tonight? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:48:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  What is going on with Trump and Syria tonight? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is going on with Trump and Syria tonight?  (Read 741 times)
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« on: June 27, 2017, 08:11:26 AM »
« edited: June 27, 2017, 08:16:21 AM by VirginiaModerate »

Pasting from my thread on this, deleted it since this thread is talking about the same thing.

(Previous comment) Yes, if it's true and if he will actually do it. Strategically, would he just be able neutralize that threat?

(My take on it) It depends on what the threat is. If this is soldiers/SOF delivering it and running away, hard to pinpoint unless we have them in LOS via a drone, etc., if it is fighters dropping CBW bombs like last time (more likely), he could order the airbases and any jets in the air (potentially) to be taken out via Tomahawk strikes and our fighters in the area. It depends on how he wants to play this. If you play your CONOPS heavily, it opens the door to Russian retaliation on US and allied forces in the region in which we might have to respond to them in kind. (Russia really put the screws to planning once they jumped right over Obama's red line).
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 12:58:25 PM »

Pasting from my thread on this, deleted it since this thread is talking about the same thing.

(Previous comment) Yes, if it's true and if he will actually do it. Strategically, would he just be able neutralize that threat?

(My take on it) It depends on what the threat is. If this is soldiers/SOF delivering it and running away, hard to pinpoint unless we have them in LOS via a drone, etc., if it is fighters dropping CBW bombs like last time (more likely), he could order the airbases and any jets in the air (potentially) to be taken out via Tomahawk strikes and our fighters in the area. It depends on how he wants to play this. If you play your CONOPS heavily, it opens the door to Russian retaliation on US and allied forces in the region in which we might have to respond to them in kind. (Russia really put the screws to planning once they jumped right over Obama's red line).
Doesn't it seem likely that the size of the engagement would be broad because we could never be sure he isn't about to gas people again or that if left in place, he wouldn't just gas as a form of culling the next challenge?

Obama was behind the 8 ball with both paleoconservatives and the left wing uniting against his authorization. Trump would probably have to do either  this on his own or with the cuckholding of Rand Paul.

Yes, that's why I thought Trump would take out all or most of the SAF's airbases to nip it in the bud completely. He can't do that however without royally ticking off Russia and/or killing Russian forces in the process. Syria has turned into a catch-22 for most things and it makes for horrible planning.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies