Federalist Main Street Partnership (v2.0)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:38:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Federalist Main Street Partnership (v2.0)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Federalist Main Street Partnership (v2.0)  (Read 6444 times)
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2017, 06:46:39 PM »

I want to thank everyone who took the time to join, as well as practiced patience when it comes to dealing with my messages Tongue

I sent everyone a PM to let them know that the floor has been opened for discussion on the caucus platform, and I would love to hear ideas from everyone on policies that they feel are most important, and how they feel that this caucus can help represent those views best. This is very much a group collaboration, and I want this to be something that we can all agree on and stand for, not just something a select few leaders decided on.

So, that being said, let's get this party started!
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2017, 06:57:02 PM »

I propose that all Super PACs should be banned because they poison American politics with corruption that often works against the basic interests of regular Americans.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2017, 07:09:28 PM »

I propose that all Super PACs should be banned because they poison American politics with corruption that often works against the basic interests of regular Americans.

I mean, I've got mixed feelings about Super PACs. Luckily in Atlasia, this isn't really a worry (since there aren't any).
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2017, 07:15:16 PM »

I think one thing that might be worth bringing is how monopolies are actually detrimental to the ideals of free market competition, and how (limited) government involvement can occasionally be beneficial to the goal of economic growth.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2017, 08:17:59 PM »

Call me when you add full communism now to the Fed platform.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2017, 08:20:02 PM »

fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2017, 11:10:44 PM »

On a serious note, I think adopting clean energy/energy independent policies into our platform would be a great way to bring this party into the future. I myself have sponsored a bill in the South (which has been signed by former Governor NeverAgain) that builds the largest nuclear power plant complex in the world, and 1184AZ is currently running on hydroelectric and nuclear energy in his Senate race.

This would be a great opportunity for workers and the energy industry as a whole, and something I think would be an amazing thing for us to get behind.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2017, 06:01:26 AM »

Silly Peebs!

We were always Communist.

Cue X files theme. Evil
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2017, 12:29:40 PM »

On a serious note, I think adopting clean energy/energy independent policies into our platform would be a great way to bring this party into the future. I myself have sponsored a bill in the South (which has been signed by former Governor NeverAgain) that builds the largest nuclear power plant complex in the world, and 1184AZ is currently running on hydroelectric and nuclear energy in his Senate race.

This would be a great opportunity for workers and the energy industry as a whole, and something I think would be an amazing thing for us to get behind.
Sounds good.
I agree.
I think one thing that might be worth bringing is how monopolies are actually detrimental to the ideals of free market competition, and how (limited) government involvement can occasionally be beneficial to the goal of economic growth.
Good point.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2017, 02:29:22 PM »
« Edited: July 06, 2017, 03:52:03 PM by Delegate West_Midlander »

I think our main priority should be social tolerance (libertarianism) and economic advancement of the people.
We could proceed with:
-A national floor minimum wage increase to $9 or $10 dollars in the very near future (sometime in 2018?), and up to $12 by 2020. The wage would obviously be higher in some regions, states, counties, and especially in urban areas/cities.
-Ending fossil fuel company subsidies.
-Clean Energy subsidies.
-A carbon tax.
-The public option or increased ACA subsidies.
-Taxing companies who outsource at such a level so as to wipe out the savings they make by leaving the US.
-Rebuilding our crumbling infrastructure and in doing so, putting Americans back to work.

-Rolling back RTW nationwide and giving workers the option of joining a union.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Already in the party platform, but perhaps a more specific articulation would be helpful.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2017, 02:47:28 PM »

Silly Peebs!

Cue X files theme. Evil
Then stop parading around as the "center-right" party and run to the left of Labor! Tongue
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2017, 03:00:55 PM »

I think our main priority should be social tolerance (libertarianism) and economic advancement of the people.
We could proceed with:
-A national floor minimum wage increase to $9 or $10 dollars in the very near future (sometime in 2018?), and up to $12 by 2020. The wage would obviously be higher in some regions, states, counties, and especially in urban areas/cities.
-Clean Energy subsidies.
-A carbon tax.
-Taxing companies who outsource at such a level so as to wipe out the savings they make by leaving the US.
-Rebuilding our crumbling infrastructure and in doing so, putting Americans back to work.

Already in the party platform, but perhaps a more specific articulation would be helpful.
We already have a national minimum wage floor going up to 10$, I don't think going any higher on a national basis is a good idea because many rural areas cannot sustain wages much higher than that.
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2017, 03:28:14 PM »

We could proceed with:
-Clean Energy subsidies.
-A carbon tax.

We already have a national minimum wage floor going up to 10$, I don't think going any higher on a national basis is a good idea because many rural areas cannot sustain wages much higher than that.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2017, 04:48:01 PM »

RTW still allows people to join a union, it just makes it so that it can't be required for employment.

I'd rather people have the option under RTW than have it rolled back and workers face being stuck in a corrupt union or to be forced to pay union dues they cannot afford in order to have a job.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2017, 08:35:54 PM »
« Edited: July 06, 2017, 08:38:01 PM by Delegate West_Midlander »

If "RTW" is restricted to that effect, that would work.

We should also proceed with measures to prevent the state or region-wide banning of certain or all labor unions, (like teacher's unions in IRL NC), and we should stamp out 'employment-at-will' contracts, allowing employers to fire employees for any and all reasons (including participating in a labor union).

On another subject, it comes to mind that we should probably pursue a constitutional amendment legalizing and protecting the right of all couples to marry, regardless of the gender or lack thereof, of both or either party/ies (so federal law maintains that couples of all sexual orientations have the right to marry). This would serve to prevent things like this.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2017, 01:25:35 AM »
« Edited: July 07, 2017, 01:29:52 AM by People's Speaker North Carolina Yankee »

Silly Peebs!

Cue X files theme. Evil
Then stop parading around as the "center-right" party and run to the left of Labor! Tongue

Remember we inherited some of the economic platform of the Whigs, who were founded as a "Communitarian Party", sort of Christian Democratic Party like you would find in Europe. The bold stuff is the stuff we changed in the 2014, the non-bolded stuff in my quote existed from the Platform committee in December 2012. A large portion of that came from the Whig Party platform, before the merger that formed the Federalist Party.

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Whig_Party
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2017, 01:33:33 AM »

If "RTW" is restricted to that effect, that would work.

We should also proceed with measures to prevent the state or region-wide banning of certain or all labor unions, (like teacher's unions in IRL NC), and we should stamp out 'employment-at-will' contracts, allowing employers to fire employees for any and all reasons (including participating in a labor union).

On another subject, it comes to mind that we should probably pursue a constitutional amendment legalizing and protecting the right of all couples to marry, regardless of the gender or lack thereof, of both or either party/ies (so federal law maintains that couples of all sexual orientations have the right to marry). This would serve to prevent things like this.

I would recommend for consideration the importance of viewing these matters from a perspective of the game. Centralizing all determinations on these issues, sort of "denying the regions of the ability to make a mistake" also means denying them the chance to get it right. Pre-reset this thought process led to the regions being drained of vitality because they were of so little consequence. A good deal of the reset legislatively, was meant to enable the Regions to flex their muscles and thus give meaning to the elections for Regional Governor and for Regional Legislature.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2017, 03:01:27 AM »

Keep in mind that going that route is still a slippery slope. While "employment-at-will" contracts allow employers to fire employees for any and all reasons, it also grants that same freedom to the employee (who is free to leave for any and all reasons, including no reason at all).
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2017, 06:05:37 AM »
« Edited: July 08, 2017, 06:07:13 AM by fhtagn »

*crickets chirping*

Also I don't entirely disagree with West_Midlander's ideas (despite how my arguing certain points looks). I do support some of the ideas such as supporting the public option for healthcare, rebuilding infrastructure, and clean energy subsidies, for example.

Any other ideas anyone wants to toss in?
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2017, 06:59:08 PM »

*crickets chirping*

Also I don't entirely disagree with West_Midlander's ideas (despite how my arguing certain points looks). I do support some of the ideas such as supporting the public option for healthcare, rebuilding infrastructure, and clean energy subsidies, for example.

How is what gets into the FMSP platform, determined?
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2017, 07:11:37 PM »

Such a center-right party...
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2017, 07:28:19 PM »

*crickets chirping*

Well, I was hoping to get more input from folks and then have us vote on the stuff we want in the platform.

I sent out some PMs recently in hope of getting more activity in here before it gets to the point of making official decisions, as I don't like small numbers of people making big decisions like this.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2017, 07:44:17 PM »

Classic, this is just one caucus out of the three official caucuses we have within the party.

As for this particular caucus, I will refer back to the original post in the thread:

While the party as a whole identifies as center-right, this caucus is a place for those who may not be considered "right-wing" to have a say in party platform, policies, and candidates.

If you would like to see the other caucuses that the party has to offer, here is the thread I would recommend taking a look at:
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=261221.0
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2017, 08:19:31 PM »

*crickets chirping*

Well, I was hoping to get more input from folks and then have us vote on the stuff we want in the platform.

I sent out some PMs recently in hope of getting more activity in here before it gets to the point of making official decisions, as I don't like small numbers of people making big decisions like this.
Makes sense. Thanks for the response.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2017, 02:44:36 PM »
« Edited: July 20, 2017, 07:28:51 PM by LouisvilleThunder »

Hello,
I am running in the Southern Senate primaries this weekend. I am asking for this caucus' support in my very first campaign. My campaign is focused on caring for the people and transparency in our government, and I'm running to the left and to the right of my opponent ZuWo. I need the support of you all to win this primary. My platform is in my campaign office thread in the link below. Thank you for considering me, and I hope for the best.
Thanks,
LouisvilleThunder
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=268846.0
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies