Federalist Main Street Partnership (v2.0)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:38:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Federalist Main Street Partnership (v2.0)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Federalist Main Street Partnership (v2.0)  (Read 6442 times)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2017, 04:14:56 PM »

I, too, would like to encourage the members of the Federalist Main Street Partnership to vote in the upcoming Senate primary.

You can have a look at my views and plans for Atlasia here. In a nutshell, I have tried to emphasize my belief in a free market economy which is also socially responsible.

I'm looking forward to a hopefully high-turnout primary!

ZuWo
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2017, 06:11:36 PM »

I assume that only Federalist that are registered in the South are allowed to vote in the primary, correct?
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2017, 08:08:13 PM »

I assume that only Federalist that are registered in the South are allowed to vote in the primary, correct?
yep
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -6.96

P P P

« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2017, 05:15:40 PM »

X ReaganClinton20XX
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2017, 07:59:48 PM »

Hi fhtagn,

Can we vote on the partnership platform, if no one has any more suggested alterations/additions to it?
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2017, 08:09:35 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2017, 08:11:44 PM by Delegate West_Midlander »

Just reiterating my previous suggestions.
I think our main priority should be social tolerance (libertarianism) and economic advancement of the people.
We could proceed with:
-Ending fossil fuel company subsidies.
-Clean Energy subsidies.
-A carbon tax.
-The public option or increased ACA subsidies. Single Payer
-Taxing companies who outsource at such a level so as to wipe out the savings they make by leaving the US.
-Rebuilding our crumbling infrastructure and in doing so, putting Americans back to work.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Already in the party platform, but perhaps a more specific articulation would be helpful. All professional occupations nationwide should be able to join unions.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2017, 07:54:17 PM »

I don't think single payer is a good idea, maybe universal healthcare as a whole but single payer is likely too far left for the platform.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2017, 11:52:06 PM »

I'll be getting something together to help us get to voting on a platform by this weekend.

Apologies for the delays. I was waiting in hopes that we would get more responses on this.
That, and my real life schedule got kinda busy lately.

Myyyy bad D:
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2017, 03:19:10 AM »

I don't think single payer is a good idea, maybe universal healthcare as a whole but single payer is likely too far left for the platform.

Do you still have that map handy. 

Speaking from a real life perspective, I found it very informative. Most countries have a form of national healthcare, but only the Commonwealth realms + Japan have Single Payer.

All the others have some form of mixed system. Though this gets lost in the political debate because in an us versus them sense we have no universal system of any kind, while every other nation has something pretty much, and that/plus our close proximity to Canada and close political influence on and from the UK, pushes that in a single payer direction, when it is not even a system that most European Countries have.

RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2017, 06:30:17 AM »

Hey,

So, I think we should expand some of the terms of social policy within the party

You must be logged in to read this quote.

In terms of gun control: We should expand it to be more specific. Should the states determine whether background checks should be in place? Should that even be a consideration?

In terms of the "respect of life" (Part 1: Abortion:) I'd like to propose that this part should stay the same in most cases, but should possibly include an exception for if complications occur that risks the health of the mother or child.

In terms of the "respect of life" (Part 2: The Death Penalty:) I believe we need a harder stance on this, possibly a tier-based system in consideration for a possible death penalty sentence. Serious crimes, such as murder and planned homicides, should be reasons to consider the sentence.

Anyways, those are my thoughts, please reply for feedback.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2017, 09:29:00 PM »

To be fair, the death penalty was banned by Constitutional Amendment in Atlasia
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2017, 03:55:59 AM »

Hi all!

Can I get in on this? I just registered.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2017, 05:22:13 AM »

Hi all!

Can I get in on this? I just registered.

Of course!

Smiley

Welcome!
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2017, 07:46:05 AM »

To be fair, the death penalty was banned by Constitutional Amendment in Atlasia

Alright, so that part should about the DP should probably be removed all together.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2018, 12:20:23 AM »

Upon discussing it with several party members who are interested in making the caucuses active again, I have a couple orders of business.

1. I hereby appoint LouisvilleThunder as Vice Chair of the Federalist Main Street Partnership.

2. I'd like to see us continuing the work we started on the platform of this caucus. Some examples from within this thread and discussed with members:

- We believe that monopolies are actually detrimental to the ideals of free market competition, and
how (limited) government involvement can occasionally be beneficial to the goal of economic growth.

- We believe in policies that implement clean energy in Atlasia, promote energy independence, and ultimately cut back on our use of fossil fuels. We must work towards scaling back on our use of fossil fuels, especially from foreign sources. We believe this would be a great opportunity for workers and the energy industry as a whole.

The rest of the proposed ideas within the thread seem to have either been resolved, the person who proposed is no longer a member of the party, or there have been changes made to the Federalist Party platform/laws in Atlasia. Obviously since this needs to be more updated and we have several members with catching up to do about this caucus, any and all suggestions from members are accepted and encouraged so that we can really get this going again. And as stated earlier in the thread, Federalist Party members are very much welcome to join at any point they wish, as we will not be enforcing a time limit on joining.

Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2018, 12:32:09 AM »

X Leinad

Joining this, although basically most of the party would fit in this caucus these days Tongue
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2018, 12:38:00 AM »

X Leinad

Joining this, although basically most of the party would fit in this caucus these days Tongue

Welcome!

(I fear we might have to start looking for a bigger office)
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2018, 09:04:00 AM »

X The Saint

Glad to see this return!
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2018, 09:10:36 AM »

The real question is: what part of the Feds is not the Main Street Partnership Wink
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2018, 09:35:58 AM »

The real question is: what part of the Feds is not the Main Street Partnership Wink

While the Main Street ideas are very common in the party, and are often campaigned on by folks like our party's chair, NC Yankee, we actually do have plenty of Federalists who may fit elsewhere and have joined other caucuses, and encourage those who do not feel they identify with the Main Street Partnership to consider caucuses they identify with best.

Some others that exist within the Federalist Party:

The Coolidge Society
The Non-Interventionists
The Perot Group
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2018, 04:55:56 PM »

X Jimmy7812
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2018, 06:58:38 PM »

After discussing with leadership my goals and roles I plan to take on in the party going forward, I have decided to step down as the Federalist Main Street Partnership Chair, and will be handing the keys to this office over to it's Vice Chair, LouisvilleThunder.

I will still be sitting in as a non-voting member, and will still be available to help LouisvilleThunder in the event he has any questions or needs assistance. 
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2018, 10:16:01 PM »
« Edited: January 26, 2018, 10:22:12 PM by People's Speaker North Carolina Yankee »

Main Street Federalism is how the Federalist Party has adapted to meet and address the insecurities, which are widespread problem and a threat to the longer term stability and strength of democratic institutions and core values, if left undress (For an example of what happens when you don't address them: Trump, Donald J.). This differentiates us from the real life Republican Party in that it means we don't pretend certain problems aren't real, to facilitate a pre-made agenda imposed by donors. Instead, we acknowledge the problems and then work for solutions to those problems in ways the comport with our values and philosophy of constitutionalism, market choice and opposing concentrated power bases.

So like a Main Street Federalist wouldn't deny that a problem exists with income inequality, most wouldn't deny the reality of climate change and a good number are equally as concerned about concentrated financial power as they are about concentrated gov't power.

Most all Federalists hold similar views on this subject. There is a matter of issue prioritization in a game though. For instance some are more concerned about opposing government power and focus and prioritize that. Some are more concerned with foreign policy and some are more conservative in a traditional RL sense. There is a strong and vibrant coalition in the Federalist Party and thus a wide variety of conservatives be they RL Republicans of varying degrees or even some real life Democrats who hold values and principles of responsible finance (blue dogs), interest in opposing concentrated power bastions (Populists) or both, and thus would fit into a Burkean context but for a variety of reasons and issues or legacy or general stupidity on the part of the RL Republicans, are Democrats in real life, but "conservative" in a more traditional definition and thus Federalists in the game.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2018, 12:23:05 AM »
« Edited: January 28, 2018, 09:56:27 PM by Senator LouisvilleThunder »

As the new Chairman of the Federalist Main Street Partnership, I fully commit to addressing and remaining focused on the issues that really matter to Atlasians everywhere in our great nation in a way that doesn't leave the vulnerable behind while we also aim to protect freedom for all. We know that unlimited corporate power is just as bad as out of control government power, and that's why we aim to strike a balance that aims to keep both in check. That's why the MSP stands for regional protections, constitutionalism, and the breaking up of business monopolies that harm our economy and are a danger to our liberties in addition to environmental protections that make sure that all people can have access to clean air and water while we aim to grow our renewable energy sectors and aim to be self-sufficient in our energy production. This Caucus is for you if you support government policies that give power to Main Street rather than to itself or Wall Street.
diptheriadan

« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2018, 12:25:59 AM »

x diptheriadan
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies