Elizabeth Warren (D) "It’s time for Democrats to run on single-payer health care (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:35:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Elizabeth Warren (D) "It’s time for Democrats to run on single-payer health care (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Elizabeth Warren (D) "It’s time for Democrats to run on single-payer health care  (Read 4866 times)
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 01, 2017, 05:00:24 AM »

I'm a pre-med student right now and were single payer to pass my career would be over before it starts. Liberals have to realize that healthcare is somebody's labor and you are never entitled to somebody else's labor (slavery) doctors and nurses are overworked as it is and healthcare is 16% of the economy. All those jobs in the insurance industry would be destroyed and people will be out of work (probably what democrats want). I understand some people can't afford it, but why should they be entitled to care on the backs of people who already busy their asses taking care of their own families. Despite the feel good high school musical "were all in this together" mentality of most liberals, sorry we're really not. I have my own family and friends to worry about and I'm sorry, but I'm not concerned for someone who isn't a part of my life.
Your "career will be over" if we move to a watered down Canadian style system? Dramatic much? Are you under the impression that there aren't any doctors in Canada?

The big issue i have is I want to be a doctor who works with individual patients. I do not want the government running my work place, and effectively making me a government worker. If i wanted to do that i would'nt be busting my ass for pre-med and med school in the fall. We already have a single payer type system here. The VA. The VA is an absolute disaster which shows exactly what government run healthcare does to people. Veterans died on the waiting lists, and nobody is held accountable. Our system right now int perfect but we dont have the ridiculous waits that people in other countries have, which is why we have a big medical tourism industry in America. I for instance have been diagnosed with skin cancer twice and i was able to get it treated on the spot with no wait. In other countries, who knows, it couldve eveolved into melanoma before the bureaucracy got around to it. People from Canada, Asia, and Europe come here for procedures that they would otherwise need to wait in some cases several years for. Additionally, if you put the government in charge of the medical system, they will be able to step in and make decisions for the doctors and the patients, not allowing them to make their own. See the recent story of the 10 month old baby in England whose parents raised over a million dollars to bring him to the United States for a potentially life saving expirimental treatment. The NHS stepped in and refused on the grounds that it would cause the child to suffer, and they are pulling life support either today or tomorrow. For the government to not allow parents to make one desperate attempt to come to the US and save their child's life is disgusting.

We also have Medicare, you know.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies