Foreign Policy in the 2020 Election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:19:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Foreign Policy in the 2020 Election
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Foreign Policy in the 2020 Election  (Read 4187 times)
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 27, 2017, 02:46:29 PM »

I read the polls about Trump's image worldwide. Among potential candidates, who is the most qualified to reverse Trump's policies and restore America's image ?
Who do you suggest to become the new Secretary of State ?
Which President should inspire the successor of Trump in Foreign Policy ?

I choose Biden, Andrew Young as Secretary of State, Obama as inspiration.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 03:05:49 PM »

Obama's foreign policy should not be your ideal. Have a sense of imagination.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 10:18:26 PM »

Most of the potential 2020 candidates don't seem to have much of a record on foreign policy, though Amy Klobuchar sticks out as being more hawkish than Obama, but still opposes escalation into wars. She's also tough on Iran, which could be a factor in a few crossover votes on the fringes.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 10:25:40 PM »
« Edited: June 27, 2017, 10:27:34 PM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

We just need someone to stay out of Middle Eastern wars, although the military-industrial complex and the Israel/Jewish lobbies will find that unacceptable.

Even not arming terrorists is too controversial for most. Our middle east policy is really that bad.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/608
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 10:32:44 PM »

We just need someone to stay out of Middle Eastern wars, although the military-industrial complex and the Israel/Jewish lobbies will find that unacceptable.

Even not arming terrorists is too controversial for most. Our middle east policy is really that bad.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/608
Wow, the House Intelligence Committee is preventing any hearings or a vote from happening. Why isn't Trump tweeting about this? Maybe there was some ISIS collusion with his campaign as well as that of the entire Congress;)
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 10:34:08 PM »

We just need to stay out of WW3 or nuclear wars, but if it even makes it through 2020 that'd be very, very nice.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 10:35:01 PM »

Right, because we Jews love starting wars everywhere! Roll Eyes Go away, antisemite,
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 10:38:31 PM »

Right, because we Jews love starting wars everywhere! Roll Eyes Go away, antisemite,
I have nothing against Jews, I'm against war mongering, corruption, and the denying of basic freedoms and liberties to Palestinians and all other oppressed peoples.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2017, 11:08:38 PM »

I have nothing against Jews, I'm against war mongering, corruption, and the denying of basic freedoms and liberties to Palestinians and all other oppressed peoples.

What war did Israel ever start , oh wait none cause all their wars have been a war of self defense .
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2017, 11:11:34 PM »

What war did Israel ever start , oh wait none cause all their wars have been a war of self defense .

1967 war. But anyways, obviously the the US foreign policy follows Likud too much.
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2017, 11:15:29 PM »

I don't know who'd be the best nominee to challenge Trump on Foreign policy or who should be Secretary of State under said President. With that said, I think the next President, if he/she is going to model there foreign policy after a living President, it should be George HW Bush, or if not him, Bill Clinton. If we can pick any President, living or dead, to model their Foreign Policy after, I'd say FDR or IKE.
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2017, 11:19:33 PM »

1967 war. But anyways, obviously the the US foreign policy follows Likud too much.
As well as the 1973 war during which Nixon supplied arms to Israel.
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2017, 11:23:10 PM »

I don't know who'd be the best nominee to challenge Trump on Foreign policy or who should be Secretary of State under said President. With that said, I think the next President, if he/she is going to model there foreign policy after a living President, it should be George HW Bush, or if not him, Bill Clinton. If we can pick any President, living or dead, to model their Foreign Policy after, I'd say FDR or IKE.
All of them are too hawkish. The Cold War is over; we need to leave the rest of the world alone and spend our tax money on improving infrastructure, health, and education in America not Afghanistan.
GGover
BBovine
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.06, S: 2.09

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2017, 11:31:56 PM »

Biden is easily the most experienced on foreign policy simply because he's chaired the foreign relations committee and been vice president. It's really hard to believe that Biden is so popular, despite the fact that he's been in politics for almost over 40 years.

Why Andrew Young? He might not even live to 2020.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2017, 01:56:39 AM »

The fact that you think 1973 was started by Israel proves your antisemite
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2017, 02:12:11 AM »
« Edited: June 28, 2017, 02:18:10 AM by LouisvilleThunder »

Israel illegally and brutally stole the West Bank, Gaza, the Sinai, and the Golan Heights from Jordan, Egypt, and Syria during the 1967 war, and those territories rightfully belonged to the Arabs under the original 1947 UN agreement. I not against Jewish people, I just don't like their states' policies.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2017, 02:45:31 AM »

Israel is a country, not a religion or ethnicity. Criticism of Israel is not anti-Semitic.
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2017, 02:55:29 AM »

Israel is a country, not a religion or ethnicity. Criticism of Israel is not anti-Semitic.
Thanks for the common sense response.
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2017, 01:38:15 PM »

Back to OP's question: Someone like Jim Webb or Chuck Hagel (again). Someone who served in uniform and is skeptical of the extent to which the DC playbook relies on intervention in foreign policy. I've said it before elsewhere, but Webb was the most prepared of all candidates running in 2016 to actually be Commander in Chief.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2017, 01:59:50 PM »

Stop playing stupid. You didn't just write Israel lobby you wrote "Israel/JEWISH LOBBIES."

Implying Jews like starting wars across the world, which is a blatant antisemitic calling card.

Also, Israel does not "start wars" for the sake of dragging in countries to "fight them for Israel."

The Six Day War was started in response to a series of aggressive actions by multiple Arabic countries. 

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2017, 02:22:13 PM »

Most of the potential 2020 candidates don't seem to have much of a record on foreign policy, though Amy Klobuchar sticks out as being more hawkish than Obama, but still opposes escalation into wars.

I'm not sure what "escalation into wars" means.  Klobuchar, for example, supports a no fly zone in Syria (or at least she did a few years ago...I'm not sure if she's talked about it recently).  And she supported Trump's recent attack on a Syrian air base in retaliation for chemical weapons use.  She doesn't support rolling tanks into Damascus to depose to Assad or into Tehran to depose Khamenei, but then who does?  Even most of the "tough on Iran" Republicans claim that we can achieve regime change there by squeezing them in various ways, without resorting to an all out war.  Whether it would work that way if they were actually in power and running foreign policy is another matter.

Anyway, Klobuchar's as close to Hillary Clinton on foreign policy as you're going to get in the 2020 primary field.  Klobuchar says she opposed the Iraq War from the beginning, but she was just a Hennepin County attorney back then, not in a position where she was making public pronouncements about foreign policy.  Based on what we know from her subsequent foreign policy statements, I assume she would have backed the war if she'd actually been in the Senate at the time.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2017, 02:35:29 PM »

Stop playing stupid. You didn't just write Israel lobby you wrote "Israel/JEWISH LOBBIES."

Implying Jews like starting wars across the world, which is a blatant antisemitic calling card.

Also, Israel does not "start wars" for the sake of dragging in countries to "fight them for Israel."

The Six Day War was started in response to a series of aggressive actions by multiple Arabic countries.  

When people refer to Israel starting wars, they are referring to the Iraq War and the desire to start wars with Iran and Syria, not wars fought by Israel.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2017, 06:06:13 PM »

I like how no one is acknowledging the fact that LouisvilleThunder said "Jewish lobbies" start wars. He didn't just say "Israeli lobbies" he said "Israeli/Jewish lobbies."

This implies that he thinks Jews, regardless of their connection to Israel, engage in war-mongering. This is antisemitism pure and simple.

Not to mention his whining about Israel "trying to start wars" is complete and utter nonsense.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2017, 06:09:31 PM »

Remember Sunrise the far left hates America and its allies , and wants to see them fail . Remember the far left supported the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan but called our invasion criminal  .
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2017, 06:24:24 PM »

This thread isn't gonna end well...
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies