Mock Parliament
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:56:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Mock Parliament
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mock Parliament  (Read 361 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 27, 2017, 04:20:20 PM »

Sorry if this seems like spam, but I figured it was worth posting here as well given the board. Atlasia is, of course, undergoing its own process of reform (possibly turning into a confederation), and after championing the idea of a Parliamentary Atlasia it dawned upon me that the Mock Parliament could also be revived.

Still, it would be a game with different mechanics, and set in a different universe than Atlasia, because I think competition between both games is a bad idea. Would people be interested in this?

Evening!

As some of you know, I’ve suspended my participation on other games due to my personal struggle against a rather harsh depression (and a prolonged university strike). Thankfully, that has been improving with time, allowing me to rethink some ideas and return to an ambitious project that has been growing in my head for the past time.

The return of the Mock Parliament.

Despite the latest iteration (South America) not being the success it could have been, I think the potential for a parliamentary game is still there (one that focuses both on elections and governance), and so I am seriously considering hosting such a game as the Main GM (aided by others who are willing). I’ve already developed some tentative ideas, such as:

Setting: Based either on the United Kingdom (2017 or a previous era) or, my personal preference, an alternate history Imperial Federation (combining the UK with other countries like Canada or Australia).

Gameplay: An Election Phase (lasting two weeks for every General Election) and a Government Phase (in which every RL month = a year in the game), with players fighting to become the government and then deliver in office. Elections would be simulated by the GM, to present a different system than Atlasia and give full importance to campaigns and external factors.

And there’s other ideas in store as well.

The question being, would people be interested in such a game?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 04:53:47 PM »

A political game, modeled around the way that ASIOF games worked, would be extremely fun, and would actually be a lot better for everyone than Atlasias current state, which generally burns people out.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 03:46:04 PM »

A small bump before I leave, a revival will be underway! It will be a simulation of the United Kingdom in 2012 under a new proportional electoral system.

If anyone's interested, sign ups are tentatively open here:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=267694.0
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies