Venezuela's Supreme Court bombed (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:49:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Venezuela's Supreme Court bombed (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Venezuela's Supreme Court bombed  (Read 1704 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: June 28, 2017, 07:29:39 AM »

Knowing nothing about the details other than what's been posted in this thread, I'd bet money on false flag.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 08:21:43 AM »

The biggest thing is how far they have fallen. Venezuela used to be one of the most  prosperous countries in South America. It now has the highest murder rate in the world and tons of corruption.
Well, they used to be free...since I still had the Freedom House spreadsheet open I looked 'em up.  In 1972 they had a 2/2 (political rights/civil liberties...lower is better 1-7 range) rating.  On par with Finland, Fiji and Lebanon.  And not too far behind Ireland and Italy's 1/2 and Japan's 2/1.  Way better than Spain and S.Korea (5/5) and Brazil (5/6).  In '98 when Chavez came to power they still were pretty good at 2/3.  By 2011 they had fallen to a 5/5.  5/6 last year, which would look fine if they were in Africa, but the numbers look out of place compared to the rest of the western hemisphere (except Cuba of course 7/6).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies