Venezuela's Supreme Court bombed (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:27:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Venezuela's Supreme Court bombed (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Venezuela's Supreme Court bombed  (Read 1707 times)
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« on: June 28, 2017, 12:14:55 PM »

Yep, this reeks of a false flag operation. I can't wait for certain posters (well, maybe just one by this point) to defend Maduro yet again Roll Eyes

Even Chomsky has long ago washed his hands of Venezuela's regime. I believe only a few diehards are left over - maybe Sean Penn and Danny Glover and a few hardcore academic and online leftists who blame it all on Western imperialism.

False flag or not the majority of people are against what is happening. The government's response has only served to worsen the situation - stalling the process for referendum, removing power of the assembly, demonetization, forced labor, price fixing, 320% increase in min wage, police corruption, arrest of dissidents and rivals.

I hate to say it, but a coup may be the only realistic option at this point.

It's still too soon to say that; there's not quite enough evidence that the regime won't let itself be defeated at the ballot box to justify a coup in terms of legitimacy.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 08:12:19 PM »

I hate to say it, but a coup may be the only realistic option at this point.

Well, by going full-authoritarian even an elected government loses its legitimacy. But the only coup I could possibly be looking with hope toward is the one to quickly restore full democracy and withdraw to the barracks. Otherwise it's bad replaced by possibly worse.

The Venezuelan officer corps is dominated by Chavistas. The top brass de facto already rule the country.

All it takes is a disaffected colonel or two...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies