Possible Strategy For Kicking Out Tim Scott in 2022?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:39:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Possible Strategy For Kicking Out Tim Scott in 2022?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Who Would You Vote For?
Tim Scott (R)
A democratic like the one I described
other
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Possible Strategy For Kicking Out Tim Scott in 2022?  (Read 5270 times)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 28, 2017, 10:47:57 PM »

So I was thinking about how strange it is that a good old boy state (SC) strongly elected and reelected an African American man (Tim Scott) on a statewide level. And I was absolutely amazed by how he manages to win by big numbers. And I was mulling over on if he could ever be defeated, and I came out with an idea. What if democrats got a near clone to a Trumpian, except on some economic issues, and ran him against Scott? This candidate would be white, somewhat racist, a little openly, and mostly indirectly, and go after Scott, distancing himself from "Real SC values" and not understanding us since he does not even know us and cannot accurately represent "us". Stuff like that. Throw red meat at the base of the opposite party, try to bring back enough SC white votes, and form a coalition to win. Basically, take Scott down with a candidate like Trump, except a democrat, and have a combo of indirect racism, social conservatism, and economic left wing positions, along with being white, to take Scott out of the senate in 2022. Essentially, even if a democrat did this in sc, they likely would not lose much of the african american vote in state, and possibly draw enough sc white voters with his rhetoric to form a winning coalition. What do yall think? Could this work, and is it ethical? I think it is ethical, anything to take down Tim Scott besides violence, that is never ok.
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 12:05:46 AM »

Do you spend a lot of time thinking about these kinds of things? This is not a good look, big guy.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 12:22:49 AM »

You literally want the Democrats to nominate someone who's FURTHER RIGHT than Tim Scott, who is already pretty conservative.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 12:39:33 AM »

Do you spend a lot of time thinking about these kinds of things? This is not a good look, big guy.

I spend a little time but not too much.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 12:44:04 AM »

You literally want the Democrats to nominate someone who's FURTHER RIGHT than Tim Scott, who is already pretty conservative.

Much further right on social issues, but substantially further left on economic issues. Think of a passive aggressive and indirectly semi-racist version of Joe Manchin.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 01:08:07 AM »

You'd not win over enough white Republicans/lose too many Black Democrats.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 01:19:20 AM »

You'd not win over enough white Republicans/lose too many Black Democrats.

That's a likely outcome.
Stm85
Rookie
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 09:55:03 AM »

So I was thinking about how strange it is that a good old boy state (SC) strongly elected and reelected an African American man (Tim Scott) on a statewide level. And I was absolutely amazed by how he manages to win by big numbers.

It's almost as if they care more about shared ideology than racial identity. Maybe you should try that.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2017, 11:23:09 AM »

So I was thinking about how strange it is that a good old boy state (SC) strongly elected and reelected an African American man (Tim Scott) on a statewide level. And I was absolutely amazed by how he manages to win by big numbers.

It's almost as if they care more about shared ideology than racial identity. Maybe you should try that.

Hah, good joke! This one really made me laugh! 👍🏽😆.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2017, 11:25:06 AM »

TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2017, 11:29:45 AM »

Do you have problems?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2017, 11:48:59 AM »

Yeah, I'm getting a lot of hate for my statement regarding the SOFE of Atlasia.
Stm85
Rookie
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2017, 12:09:26 PM »

Well, let's see. In the 2014 midterms Scott and Graham shared a ballot because Scott had to win a special election to finish Jim DeMint's term. Based on your premise Graham should have outperformed him. Not only did that not happen, Scott outperformed him by 7%. Facts and data are not on your side here.

The fact that you find it acceptable to use racism to oust one of the most genuinely good people in politics from office is repugnant. Perhaps it would be better to judge people on their ideas rather than their skin color.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2017, 12:28:59 PM »

Well, let's see. In the 2014 midterms Scott and Graham shared a ballot because Scott had to win a special election to finish Jim DeMint's term. Based on your premise Graham should have outperformed him. Not only did that not happen, Scott outperformed him by 7%. Facts and data are not on your side here.

The fact that you find it acceptable to use racism to oust one of the most genuinely good people in politics from office is repugnant. Perhaps it would be better to judge people on their ideas rather than their skin color.

I find Scott repugnant, and I think using anything except violence is ok to take him down.
Stm85
Rookie
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2017, 12:35:10 PM »

I find Scott repugnant, and I think using anything except violence is ok to take him down.

Bless your heart
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2017, 12:36:32 PM »

Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2017, 12:52:20 PM »

Look, people are right, this probably will mot work, but why not try it? sc dems got like nothing to lose.
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2017, 12:54:43 PM »

Look, people are right, this probably will mot work, but why not try it? sc dems got like nothing to lose.
Besides their souls, state legislative seats, and house districts. Yeah, nothing.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2017, 01:08:49 PM »

Besides their souls, state legislative seats, and house districts. Yeah, nothing.

state leg is already full fledge R, and a D +19 house seat is not going anywhere
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2017, 04:17:09 PM »

Get a job.
wjx987
Rookie
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2017, 07:49:39 PM »

Tim Scott is a decent person, and talks a lot about inequality and poverty, and approves of apprenticeships, he also sponsored the Investing in Opportunity Act. He's oddly economically left in that aspect. I'm pretty far left so I would probably vote for the Green candidate or something, but I might just barely consider voting for Scott, not for this disgusting Democrat you've concocted.
TheLeftwardTide
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2017, 08:55:22 PM »

Bagel, just admit that you were drunk and/or hungover and move on. No one wants to bring back Dixiecrat racism.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2017, 08:58:26 PM »

This is morally disgusting.
DFL

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2017, 11:41:20 AM »

Clicked Democrat out of reflex and feel really stupid after actually reading the post
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2017, 03:49:44 PM »

It's an uphill battle for us but I'd never vote for a racist from any party.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies