WSJ: GOP Op Sought Clinton Emails From Hackers, Implied a Connection to Flynn
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:02:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  WSJ: GOP Op Sought Clinton Emails From Hackers, Implied a Connection to Flynn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: WSJ: GOP Op Sought Clinton Emails From Hackers, Implied a Connection to Flynn  (Read 2698 times)
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2017, 07:37:19 AM »

I'm not sure whether people like Ryan and Priebus would risk this to get Trump elected. There probably were contacts between shady people in Trump's campaign and Russia, but I really don't think your average Republican establishment guy would collude with Russia to get Trump elected. These people don't care about Trump. A lot of them probably even wanted Trump to lose so that their favoured candidate could win 2020. A Trump loss would have meant a lame duck Democratic president who wouldn't have gotten anything done, a huge senate majority in 2018 and possibly a trifecta with huge majorities and a more establishment-friendly president in 2020. But Flynn definitely is in trouble.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2017, 07:44:28 AM »

to be clear, this man is 81 years old and...died a few weeks ago and wasn't - according to the WH - a member of trump's campaign.

According to the White House, Trump's campaign manager wasn't a member of Trump's camapign.

Which doesn't prove any affiliation, but keep it in mind when it comes to WH veracity on anything Russia-related.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2017, 11:52:30 AM »

I'm not sure whether people like Ryan and Priebus would risk this to get Trump elected. There probably were contacts between shady people in Trump's campaign and Russia, but I really don't think your average Republican establishment guy would collude with Russia to get Trump elected. These people don't care about Trump. A lot of them probably even wanted Trump to lose so that their favoured candidate could win 2020. A Trump loss would have meant a lame duck Democratic president who wouldn't have gotten anything done, a huge senate majority in 2018 and possibly a trifecta with huge majorities and a more establishment-friendly president in 2020. But Flynn definitely is in trouble.

They were willing to ride a racist sex predator as far as he'd take them, so I doubt this would give them pause tbh.  Aside from the occasional Ben Sasse or John Kasich, most Republican elected officials sold their souls to Trump long before he was elected.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2017, 11:16:31 PM »

Follow up WSJ story (Benjamin Wittes BOOM certified):

"GOP Activist Who Sought Clinton Emails Cited Trump Campaign Officials"

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/gop-activist-who-sought-clinton-emails-cited-trump-campaign-officials-1498872923
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2017, 11:22:00 PM »

Follow up WSJ story (Benjamin Wittes BOOM certified):

"GOP Activist Who Sought Clinton Emails Cited Trump Campaign Officials"

https://www.wsj.com/articles/gop-activist-who-sought-clinton-emails-cited-trump-campaign-officials-1498872923
I knew Bannon was somehow going to pop up
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2017, 11:22:09 PM »

Also, an unnamed source from the WSJ story has outed himself, and has told his story about Peter Smith on Lawfare: "The Time I Got Recruited to Collude with the Russians"

I'd advise reading the whole thing, especially this section:

https://lawfareblog.com/time-i-got-recruited-collude-russians
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2017, 08:13:16 AM »

Also, an unnamed source from the WSJ story has outed himself, and has told his story about Peter Smith on Lawfare: "The Time I Got Recruited to Collude with the Russians"

I'd advise reading the whole thing, especially this section:

https://lawfareblog.com/time-i-got-recruited-collude-russians

Section from the lawfareblog story with the sources named in the WSJ link Castro posted:

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies