Death of a President Elect
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:39:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Death of a President Elect
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Death of a President Elect  (Read 2305 times)
Jaguar4life
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 29, 2017, 01:53:04 PM »
« edited: June 29, 2017, 01:55:24 PM by Jaguar4life »

BREAKING NEWS PRESIDENT ELECT REAGAN SHOT
NEWS BULLETIN:PRESIDENT ELECT SHOT

While visiting New York today President Elect Regan and Vice President Elect Bush were walking around centers park until Mr Reagan was critically wounded by a gunblast and has been rushed to Roosevelt Hospital where he is being received life saving surgery.

The shooter is being identified as Mark David Chapman

More details to come as soon as soon as we get them.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 05:03:41 PM »

I think everyone around that time will remember when they heard the news that President Elect Reagan had died. It was reported on the radio but people remember it being said by Howard Consell on Monday Night Football-Dick Cheney-President Bush's chief of staff from 1981-1985

MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL PATRIOTS VS DOLPHINS NOVEMBER 8th 1980

Yes, we have to say it. Remember this is just a football game, no matter who wins or loses. An unspeakable tragedy confirmed to us by ABC News in New York City: Ronald Reagan the President Elect who would of taken the oath of office to become the 40th President of the United States who was shot twice in the back and chest was rushed to Roosevelt Hospital, dead on arrival. Hard to go back to the game after that news flash, which in duty bound, we have to take.

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 11:11:24 PM »

After the announcement I can clearly remember calling with now President Elect Bush who was still trying to figure out the situation and was prephas getting phone calls from so many people asking the same question.

What do we do now?

The next day President Carter from the east hall gave a address to the nation in reaction to President Elect Reagan's death

Part of President Carter's reaction to Reagan's death

My fellow citizens and staff. Last night a lone nut by the name of Mark David Chapman shot and killed President Elect Reagan.

While me and Reagan disagreed on many issues I am deeply sadden by this unfortunate of events.

We as a nation no matter who we are should morn the loss of a democratic elected leader who in almost a month was going to succeed me into the presidency. 

I wish the best of luck  to our new President Elect George Bush

I talked to Bush next day in his home in Texas on what was to come.  One of his first duties as President Elect was to appoint me as Secretary of State which I gladly accepted and if did you want to keep any Reagan nominations or scrapped some of them and give yours.

We kept some like Secretary of Treasury Don Regan and put in replacements such as for White House Chief of Staff Richard Cheney.

The most important one was who will be Vice President. It really came down to 5 choices

Former President Gerald Ford
Senator Phill Crane
Congressmen Jack Kemp
Senator Bob Dole who was also the Republican nomination for Vice President in 1976
And a very odd and long shot choice.
He had lost in a landslide as the Republican nominee in 1964 but that was almost 20 years ago. He was talking about Senator and former GOP Presidential Nominee Barry Goldwater

He made his decision and two days later he told us. Donald Rumsfeld-Secretary of State from 1981-1985.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 10:27:20 AM »
« Edited: July 01, 2017, 03:02:28 PM by Cath »

I recall Rumsfeld and Bush having a chilly relationship owing to their shared time in the Ford White House, where Rumsfeld got the Pentagon while Bish was shunted to Langley. For similar reasons, I would be surprised that Cheney and Bush would have a good relationship as early as 1980.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 10:00:24 PM »

CBS SPECIAL BULLETINTHIS IS A SPECIAL REPORT WE NOW GO TO WALTER CRONKITE

Good after this is CBS Special Report im Walter Cronkite.

From Washington and the Bush transition team
"President Elect Bush has chosen as his Vice President Arizona Senator and 1964 Republican nominee Barry Goldwater.

This is a very surprising move by the President Elect just several days after the death of Ronald Reagan

Remember the Electoral College votes December 18th so it will be interesting to see who doesn't vote for Bush/Goldwater to be officially elected.

2 electoral college voters in Cailforina will still write in Ronald Reagan's name in honor of the fallen previous president elect.  Meanwhile a elector in Tennessee says he will not vote for George Bush as president and will put in Senate leader Howard Baker as a vote for president.

There could be more but as of now that's all we know.

I'm Walter Cronkite and this was been a CBS News Report.

Goldwater I said to Dad really why?

And he told me well son Goldwater is getting up there in age I don't think next time around he's going to run for reelection so he thought it was be a nice way to end his long political career as Vice President, Jeb Bush-Vice President 2001-2009-President 2009-present

The bold selection of Barry Goldwater would be a delight to people who wanted Reagan instead of Bush and a delight to moderate republicans who voted for John Anderson feeling Reagan was too extreme.

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2017, 10:03:10 PM »

Electoral college update tommorow
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2017, 03:57:50 PM »
« Edited: July 03, 2017, 04:08:02 PM by Jaguar4life »

DESPITE FAITHLESS VOTERS BUSH/GOLDWATER ELECTED BY COLLEGE

The Electoral College met today to officially elect George Herbert Walker Bush the 40th President of the United States

However not all things went to plan.  two electors decided to vote for Howard Baker in the state of Tennessee for president while a California elector in honor of the late Ronald Reagan casted his vote for the original ticket of Reagan/Bush

With that all settled George Bush is set to become the 40th president of the United States on January 20th 
Oppo

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2017, 04:41:10 PM »

I recall Rumsfeld and Bush having a chilly relationship owing to their shared time in the Ford White House, where Rumsfeld got the Pentagon while Bish was shunted to Langley. For similar reasons, I would be surprised that Cheney and Bush would have a good relationship as early as 1980.
A chilly relationship is an understatement, the two hate each other. Not only did they fight over cabinet positions, but also the VP spot in 1973, 1974, 1976, and 1980.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2017, 12:43:41 PM »

Anyone enjoying?
Oppo

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2017, 07:59:17 AM »

It's interesting.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2017, 07:28:39 PM »

BUSH SWORN IN AS 41th President

George Herbert Walker Bush was sworn in as the 41st president on a cloudy Saturday afternoon.

Bush in his ingural speech promised to make Amercia a Kinder Gentler Nation and like the late Ronald Reagan to Make America Great Again. 

Bush also promised for a stronger stance to the agenda of the Soviet Union and to what he called the "Red World Agenda"

(Just a short update to show this isn't dead.  Will get longer update soon)
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2017, 03:54:02 PM »

New update coming soon
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2017, 05:59:20 PM »
« Edited: February 28, 2019, 09:35:37 PM by Jaguar4life »

BULLETION:President Bush to address Hostage Crisis on first day President Bush on his first day has decided to despite it being his first full day decide to plan a operation to end the Iranian hostage crisis that has been going on for almost a year.

Bush in a news conference addressed the plan with would team up the Delta Force and the SAS in a revied version of the failed Operation Eagle Claw which hopefully this one will be more successful.

The operation has been discussed between Bush and U.K. prime minister Margeret Thatcher and will be launched on midnight of February 1st
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2017, 08:18:21 AM »

Thanks to lwp2004 for these wikiboxes

Attempting Life
RZelandi
Rookie
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2017, 10:04:59 PM »

Very good timeline! Keep it up! Smiley
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2017, 01:28:53 AM »

Interesting timeline! I note that there are many great alternative timelines these days, written by variious posters. I enjoy reading almost all of them.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies