Who is worse? Satan or God?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:06:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: World politics is up Schmitt creek)
  Who is worse? Satan or God?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Who is worse? Satan or God?  (Read 3269 times)
Greatest I am
Canada
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2017, 03:22:20 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Indeed.

The job was made a lot easier by God who gave Satan the power to deceive the whole world.

Why do you thick he would help out like that Satan if he did not want her deceiving people?

Why put Satan in Eden as the talking serpent in the first place knowing in advance that Eve would be deceived?

How is helping Satan good for us?

God enforces his will on us every time he kills us and that is quite often even to the point of torturing Kind David's baby for 6 days before finally killing it.

These belie what you put my friend.

If only rules, why are they called commandments?

You tried to sneak that by you sneak.

My way or burn in hell is quite coercive. No?

Eh, many scriptures forbid that because substitutionary atonement is quite immoral.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Ezekiel 18:20 (ESV) The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

Both epitome of love and hate would have been in God as all that is has emanated from him.

The first commandment says that we are to place no other God above God on any issue and that would include both good and evil.

Are you saying that there is an entity about with more hate in his or her heart than God?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2017, 03:29:01 PM »

Is this a serious question? With God you are rewarded with eternal paradise in heaven. With Satan you are punished with eternal damnation in the depths of hell

God decides who goes where.

God has the choice with all souls to either cure of kill.

Scriptures say that the vast majority of us will end in hell and only a few will take that narrow path to hell.

Morality says that the good of the many outweigh the good of the few.

For moral action and to do better than an evil Satan, God would have to cure instead of kill.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2017, 01:05:27 AM »

Can you tell us why Satan, if just an accuser, would be gifted the power to deceive the whole world, from God's own being?

Because God wants to prove his followers. Have you even read the Book of Job, bro?
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2017, 09:21:55 AM »

Can you tell us why Satan, if just an accuser, would be gifted the power to deceive the whole world, from God's own being?

Because God wants to prove his followers. Have you even read the Book of Job, bro?

??

God is said to know everything. This aside.

If God is proving us, then what good is that proof when it is looked for in someone who you have made sure is deceived?

That is entrapment of a high order.

Yes I have read the book of Job.

Especially Job 2;3 where god admits that he is evil by saying that Satan moved him to hurt without a just cause.

Do you like that God, as a Mafia don, so to speak, sent his hit man to kill while not taking the blame for it?

Do you see God as good or evil for those useless murders?

Regards
DL
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2017, 01:55:21 AM »

God is said to know everything. This aside.

The chance to overcome temptation exists for our benefit, too.

Sorry, who's being deceived here?

It's the motivation that makes an act evil, not the act itself.

I'm pretty sure God took the blame, considering that his final speech boils down to "I'm in control, so don't doubt my purposes", followed by him reprimanding Job's moralizing friends.

I see him as neither. He was advancing the plot.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2017, 09:16:04 AM »

Is this a serious question? With God you are rewarded with eternal paradise in heaven. With Satan you are punished with eternal damnation in the depths of hell

Which god determines.

But if you side with Satan you automatically go there

Not in every denomination. For example, as Pope Francis wisely pointed out, you go to Heaven if you're a good person, regardless of your religion (including a lack of).
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2017, 09:29:18 AM »

The chance to overcome temptation exists for our benefit, too.

Indeed, as does the benefit of letting temptation motivate us to work to gain what tempts us.

Sorry, who's being deceived here?[/quote]

That is an evidenced statement but if you are right, why did God give Satan the power to deceive me with his own power going through Satan which cannot be resisted? 

It's the motivation that makes an act evil, not the act itself.[/quote]

I agree but God's motivation in Job was self-gratification so that he could continue to brag about his power.  That makes his murders in that story evil and God even admitted it in the Job 2;3.

Do you like that God, as a Mafia don, so to speak, sent his hit man to kill while not taking the blame for it?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure God took the blame, considering that his final speech boils down to "I'm in control, so don't doubt my purposes", followed by him reprimanding Job's moralizing friends.[/quote]

Christians do not see God taking the blame for evil. The do not adnmit that God is evil or they would seek a good God would they not?

I see him as neither. He was advancing the plot.
[/quote][/quote]

See, even here, you try to justify God's murders as just moving things forward.

Hitler did the same thing so are you ready to forgive him just as easily as Yahweh, a genocidal son murderer?

Regards
DL
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2017, 01:16:34 PM »

So what I'm getting from all this, DL, is that you are a weak man, unable to resist the temptations of The Accuser, and you blame God for letting him have power over you - when, in fact, it is you who choose to let him into your life, every single time.

Very, very sad.
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2017, 05:41:28 PM »

So what I'm getting from all this, DL, is that you are a weak man, unable to resist the temptations of The Accuser, and you blame God for letting him have power over you - when, in fact, it is you who choose to let him into your life, every single time.

Very, very sad.

I cannot blame what I do not believe in.

It is your reply that is very, very sad.

Regards
DL
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2017, 07:01:28 PM »

You sure do spend a lot of time thinking about something that you don't believe in!
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2017, 09:35:57 AM »

You sure do spend a lot of time thinking about something that you don't believe in!

Indeed. Because of the damage that believers do today and have done in the past.

Both Christianity and Islam have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

Regards
DL

Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2017, 11:26:52 AM »

Both Christianity and Islam have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

Someone isn't "immoral" for having a different value system.
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2017, 02:49:51 PM »

True, unless like Christianity and Islam, one is following an immoral ideology which includes homophobia and misogyny.

Regards
DL

Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2017, 03:03:47 PM »

True, unless like Christianity and Islam, one is following an immoral ideology which includes homophobia and misogyny.

Being homophobic or misogynistic is only immoral if you believe that homophobia and misogyny are wrong, my dude.
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2017, 05:30:43 PM »

Being homophobic or misogynistic is only immoral if you believe that homophobia and misogyny are wrong, my dude.

If you do not, then your morals are corrupted as you ignore the Golden Rule.

Regards
DL
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2017, 01:36:26 PM »

Regards
DL

Is it still in violation if you are a masochist?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2017, 02:33:10 PM »
« Edited: September 11, 2017, 02:36:23 PM by afleitch »

The only thing worse than DL's posts are the self congratulatory responses to them.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2017, 03:14:56 PM »

Satan is more fiscally conservative whereas God is more socially conservative

Still the best post on the thread.
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2017, 04:16:26 PM »

Thanks all.

Regards
DL
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2017, 12:05:18 PM »

If you've ever gotten into a Canadian standoff, you would know that the Golden Rule is not infallible.

Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2017, 03:08:34 PM »

If you've ever gotten into a Canadian standoff, you would know that the Golden Rule is not infallible.

I am a Canadian but have no idea what a Canadian standoff is.

Care to put meat on that bone so that I can evaluate your claim?

Or does it have more to do with Canadian beer? Hoser eh. Kidding.

Regards
DL
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies