Wyoming (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:52:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Wyoming (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wyoming  (Read 1709 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 30, 2017, 12:42:53 PM »

It's also important to note that Wyoming is one of the most Mormon States in the US, with an estimated 9% of the population being LDS members.

Needless to say, in Wyoming LDS members tend to skew heavily Republican and participate actively in the political process, likely more so than some other Republican core constituencies.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 12:49:03 PM »

Just out of curiosity, how many people here have visited Wyoming?

Yup--- driven through the I-80 belt more times than I can remember (20?), basically where almost all of the population centers of the State are from Evanston, to Rock Springs, Laramie, & Cheyenne, and spent the Night in all of those towns more than once.

My Step-Mother grew up in Wyoming and has regaled me with many stories about Wyoming over the decades, and in many ways its more of a "Big L" type Libertarian State than your stereotypical Western Republican State.

Democrats can win statewide elections here, as others have noted, although I don't know how likely that will be anytime soon with a much more hyper-partisan political environment.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies