Trump used BLACKMAIL via Natl Enquirer, to extract silly apology from Mika/Joe
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:26:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump used BLACKMAIL via Natl Enquirer, to extract silly apology from Mika/Joe
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump used BLACKMAIL via Natl Enquirer, to extract silly apology from Mika/Joe  (Read 1476 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 30, 2017, 05:09:32 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I don't know about you guys, but this kind of blackmail makes me think that there is MORE of a chance that this creepy administration, INCLUDING TRUMP, may have colluded with Russia regarding the election.

You can also watch the video, of today's (June 30th) Morning Joe show, where Joe and Mika talk about the details of what transpired. Use the link above, to see the video.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 05:26:33 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2017, 05:28:12 PM by JA »

That is appalling. I watched Morning Joe this morning, which I do from time to time because I think it's a fairly good show, and they laid into him like he deserved. Now reading this, I can't help but think he's even more likely to engage in actions that'd be a serious violation of the constitution, especially as it pertains to freedom of the press, if given the opportunity. Not to mention, it makes it seem more likely his Russia collusion allegations are likely true.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 06:56:19 PM »
« Edited: July 01, 2017, 12:03:10 PM by ProudModerate2 »

Skywriting, as seen over the 2016 New Year's Rose Parade in Pasadena, California :

HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 09:00:54 PM »

Speaking of emails...
AZDem
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 11:56:58 PM »
« Edited: July 01, 2017, 12:22:58 AM by AZDem »

He probably did the same with Lyin' Ted....yet Ted welcomed Donald back like the spineless jellyfish that he is

Sad!

That's because above all else, Calgary Cruz loves power! He would sell his entire family down the river to remain relevant. Problem is, nobody cares about him anymore and he's being upstaged by Trump. I imagine he practices "Why am I persecuted?" in the mirror every night before bed (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQJrem2w6oo). 

Democrats and Republicans can at least agree on one thing: they all hate Ted Cruz!
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2017, 02:47:25 AM »

He probably did the same with Lyin' Ted....yet Ted welcomed Donald back like the spineless jellyfish that he is

Sad!

That's because above all else, Calgary Cruz loves power! He would sell his entire family down the river to remain relevant. Problem is, nobody cares about him anymore and he's being upstaged by Trump. I imagine he practices "Why am I persecuted?" in the mirror every night before bed (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQJrem2w6oo). 

Democrats and Republicans can at least agree on one thing: they all hate Ted Cruz!

I made a meme sometime last year with a picture of ted cruz with a trashcan photoshoped onto his head and the words 'TRASHY TED'.
EnglishPete

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2017, 04:52:32 AM »

I don't know about you guys, but this kind of blackmail makes me think that there is MORE of a chance that this creepy administration, INCLUDING TRUMP, may have colluded with Russia regarding the election.

You can also watch the video, of today's (June 30th) Morning Joe show, where Joe and Mika talk about the details of what transpired. Use the link above, to see the video.
Two of the biggest Trump derangement syndrome sufferers write a hit piece against Trump in the Jeff Bezos blog, a publication notorious for its serial fake news stories attacking Trump. Do you have anything from a credible source.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2017, 06:16:44 AM »

Two of the biggest Trump derangement syndrome sufferers write a hit piece against Trump in the Jeff Bezos blog, a publication notorious for its serial fake news stories attacking Trump. Do you have anything from a credible source.

Everything you people don't like is fake news.  That's the real derangement syndrome.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2017, 06:50:43 AM »

Everything you people don't like is fake news.  That's the real derangement syndrome.
I wonder how many of them deep inside know it's real news, they just want to live in an alternate reality where everything fits their own narrative. Either way, let's call people trying to make others cry for what it is: trolling.
EnglishPete

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2017, 06:59:28 AM »

You do realise that the term 'fake news' was invented by leftists as a way of attacking right wing news outlets they didn't like. Then Trump and his supporters started pointing out that quite a few prominent left wing news outlets like the Jeff Bezos blog were regularly publishing blatantly false stories in order to attack Trump. They started to use the term 'fake news' against leftist news outlets and then suddenly the same people who came up with the term to use as a political tool suddenly wanted to drop it.
EnglishPete

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2017, 07:40:17 AM »

I wonder how many of them deep inside know it's real news, they just want to live in an alternate reality where everything fits their own narrative.
I don't know, I'll ask you. Do you deep inside realise that stories you see from the likes of Breitbart and Project Veritas are real news? Do you just want to live inside an alternate reality presented by the likes of the Jeff Bezos blog and CNN where everything fits your own narrative?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2017, 07:45:17 AM »

I wonder how many of them deep inside know it's real news, they just want to live in an alternate reality where everything fits their own narrative.
I don't know, I'll ask you. Do you deep inside realise that stories you see from the likes of Breitbart and Project Veritas are real news? Do you just want to live inside an alternate reality presented by the likes of the Jeff Bezos blog and CNN where everything fits your own narrative?

I believe them as much as I believe there are child slave camps on Mars.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2017, 01:53:08 PM »
« Edited: July 01, 2017, 02:18:30 PM by Clay »

Everything you people don't like is fake news.  That's the real derangement syndrome.
You do realise that the term 'fake news' was invented by leftists as a way of attacking right wing news outlets they didn't like. Then Trump and his supporters started pointing out that quite a few prominent left wing news outlets like the Jeff Bezos blog were regularly publishing blatantly false stories in order to attack Trump. They started to use the term 'fake news' against leftist news outlets and then suddenly the same people who came up with the term to use as a political tool suddenly wanted to drop it.

I'm not going to get into an argument about where the term "fake news" originated.  That's not even close to the discussion here, so I won't engage with you on that--I don't understand why you brought it up, unless it was to detract from the fact you just don't have a good counterargument for my point that you guys label everything as "fake news" if it isn't pro-Trump.

Is there is any legitimate piece of media or news that has reported facts about Trump which have been seen negatively that you do not consider to be fake news?

You guys sacrifice all of your values just to stand behind your candidate.  Pre-Trump, Russian interference in our elections (and especailly a candidate allegedly colluding with Russia) would have infuriated Republicans (rightfully so).  Republicans used to praise our intelligence agencies; but now that every one of them have confirmed that Russian interference to favor one candidate did indeed occur, Republicans are still out there denying it--or brushing it off as no big deal.  Whether Trump's campaign colluded or not, there is enough circumstantial evidence to warrant an investigation--and Trump supporters are calling it a witch hunt.  Even though they would (rightfully so) be calling for Hillary's resignation (or worse) if she were elected and then all of the same circumstantial evidence started popping up that she colluded with Russia--Republicans would be in an uproar (rightfully so).

If a tape of Hillary Clinton leaked where she bragged about groping men and sexual assault, Republicans wouldn't be calling it locker room talk--they would be demanding justice.  But when Trump's pussy-grabbing tape leaks, they brush it aside.

Republicans are still up in arms about Hillary's e-mails yet excuse the president when he literally leaks classified information to the Russians.

When Trump fires people who are investigating possible Russian collusion, Republicans say it's impossible for the president to obstruct justice.  Yet when they went after Bill Clinton, one of the reasons was obstruction of justice.  If President Hillary Clinton fired Comey and later admitted the reason was because he was looking into her e-mails, Republicans would (rightfully so) be screaming at the top of their lungs about obstruction of justice.

I don't understand how you guys can be so oblivious to corruption of this scale.  I understand politics.  But you gotta put your politics aside when there's even a HINT of something so treacherous as cheating your way into office by working with a foreign government.  A hint that President Hillary tried that, and I would be calling for a full investigation into her dealings with said foreign government, and yelling for impeachment when any of it turned out to be true.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2017, 03:04:54 PM »

Everything you people don't like is fake news.  That's the real derangement syndrome.

I'm not going to get into an argument about where the term "fake news" originated.  That's not even close to the discussion here, so I won't engage with you on that--I don't understand why you brought it up, unless it was to detract from the fact you just don't have a good counterargument for my point that you guys label everything as "fake news" if it isn't pro-Trump.

Is there is any legitimate piece of media or news that has reported facts about Trump which have been seen negatively that you do not consider to be fake news?

You guys sacrifice all of your values just to stand behind your candidate.  Pre-Trump, Russian interference in our elections (and especailly a candidate allegedly colluding with Russia) would have infuriated Republicans (rightfully so).  Republicans used to praise our intelligence agencies; but now that every one of them have confirmed that Russian interference to favor one candidate did indeed occur, Republicans are still out there denying it--or brushing it off as no big deal.  Whether Trump's campaign colluded or not, there is enough circumstantial evidence to warrant an investigation--and Trump supporters are calling it a witch hunt.  Even though they would (rightfully so) be calling for Hillary's resignation (or worse) if she were elected and then all of the same circumstantial evidence started popping up that she colluded with Russia--Republicans would be in an uproar (rightfully so).

If a tape of Hillary Clinton leaked where she bragged about groping men and sexual assault, Republicans wouldn't be calling it locker room talk--they would be demanding justice.  But when Trump's pussy-grabbing tape leaks, they brush it aside.

Republicans are still up in arms about Hillary's e-mails yet excuse the president when he literally leaks classified information to the Russians.

When Trump fires people who are investigating possible Russian collusion, Republicans say it's impossible for the president to obstruct justice.  Yet when they went after Bill Clinton, one of the reasons was obstruction of justice.  If President Hillary Clinton fired Comey and later admitted the reason was because he was looking into her e-mails, Republicans would (rightfully so) be screaming at the top of their lungs about obstruction of justice.

I don't understand how you guys can be so oblivious to corruption of this scale.  I understand politics.  But you gotta put your politics aside when there's even a HINT of something so treacherous as cheating your way into office by working with a foreign government.  A hint that President Hillary tried that, and I would be calling for a full investigation into her dealings with said foreign government, and yelling for impeachment when any of it turned out to be true.
This is an excellent response. The only problem is, trolls don't have any reason for doing what they do other than make people cry.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2017, 03:07:11 PM »

You do realise that the term 'fake news' was invented by leftists as a way of attacking right wing news outlets they didn't like.

So what is to like about FoX Propaganda Channel? An insinuation that Barack Obama was born in Kenya is fake news.  

We have an Administration that tells more, worse, more implausible, and more inexcusable falsehoods.  The falsehoods about WMDs in Iraq had more foundation -- enough that I could be fooled by them. For all his faults, Dubya didn't lie anywhere near as often.

The stuff about President Trump having won in a landslide and about the crowd at his inauguration wasn't even relevant to the reality of the Trump victory. Even if Obama won a genuine landslide in the popular vote and had a huge crowd at his inauguration, that did not matter much for long. Obama knew that. and he had other concerns -- like reforming healthcare and putting an end to the most dangerous economic meltdown since the one that initiated the Great Depression.  

This Administration will do anything possible, short of physical violence, against any opponent. I only wonder how long it will take for that qualification will hold.
EnglishPete

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2017, 03:49:54 PM »

Plenty of people have a habit of labelling news stories they don't like as 'fake news' because they don't like the source, for example plenty of liberals are reacting exactly that way to the problem recent Project Veritas story. I'm pointing out that that kind of thing goes both ways.

As for criticisms of Trump there are plenty of things to criticise him on, his failure to get work started on the wall, his failure to move the US embassy in Israel to Jerusalem yet etc etc. There's plenty of good reasons to criticise him.

Frankly I don't understand how you can be so oblivious to all the evidence that this is a cooked up political witch hunt. Obviously cooked up political witch hunts do happen and there is plenty of evidence that this is one of them. What exactly would it take for you to start to suspect that that is what's going on here?

Seriously. Let's look at the evidence. The FBI's total reliance on the dodgy Crowdstrike report and its complete failure to examine the DNC servers to verify any of Crowdstrike's claims. The reliance on a clearly fake dossier cooked up at the request of a Dem linked opposed research company. The ever expanding investigation run by a close friend of one of the key witnesses (in a total and clear conflict of interest) branching out in every direction because the original Trump/Russia interference/collusion story is falling apart for lack of credible evidence.

Seriously. At what point would you start to think 'this is looking less like evidence against Trump and more like evidence of a partisan witch hunt'. What would it take for you to start considering that possibility.
The Self
Rookie
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2017, 04:00:22 PM »

Jeff Bezos is a rent-seeking billionaire just like Trump. Why would he attack someone of his own class?
EnglishPete

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2017, 08:27:21 PM »

Jeff Bezos is a rent-seeking billionaire just like Trump. Why would he attack someone of his own class?

I can't see inside Jeff Bezos' heart but I would assume that he's liberal aligned like most of the US corporate oligarchy. In any case his blog (AKA the Washington Post) is one of the most heavily hostile to Trump major news outlets. It has repeatedly published inaccurate stories attacking Trump.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2017, 08:49:19 PM »

Possibly because he's worried that Trump's offensive and incompetent Presidency will undermine the stability and power of the US and the global economy, on which Bezos' own wealth depends?

(Also, Bezos appears to actually be a billionaire, instead of playing one on TV.)

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2017, 10:04:37 PM »

Seriously. Let's look at the evidence. The FBI's total reliance on the dodgy Crowdstrike report and its complete failure to examine the DNC servers to verify any of Crowdstrike's claims. The reliance on a clearly fake dossier cooked up at the request of a Dem linked opposed research company. The ever expanding investigation run by a close friend of one of the key witnesses (in a total and clear conflict of interest) branching out in every direction because the original Trump/Russia interference/collusion story is falling apart for lack of credible evidence.

How do you know what they are relying on? I wasn't aware you were an FBI agent and/or part of Mueller's team. You do realize there is a lot going on that we don't know about, right? Did you ever consider what the NSA might have scooped up? They may or may not have gotten anything but they have access to a lot of the world's communications and Snowden's leaks do show that they store a massive amount of data collected, which is perfect for this kind of investigation.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2017, 11:20:17 PM »

People, please quit feeding English Pete. The man suffers from bonafide mental illness. As in likely paranoid schizophrenic, or at least severe paranoid Tendencies triggered my underlying mental issues.

Nothing you say will make any change in his views. He seriously needs psychiatric help to write a prescription modifying the serotonin levels in his brain. Until then it is wasted bandwidth
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2017, 04:01:37 PM »
« Edited: July 02, 2017, 04:06:10 PM by Clay »

Plenty of people have a habit of labelling news stories they don't like as 'fake news' because they don't like the source, for example plenty of liberals are reacting exactly that way to the problem recent Project Veritas story. I'm pointing out that that kind of thing goes both ways.

There is no doubt that both sides have labeled certain new stories as fake news.  Sure, it happens sometimes in politics.  The difference here is that your side is labeling everything that you don't like as being fake news.  Your side has overused the label to the point it's just laughable and not seen even remotely as a valid defense against negative media.  Your leader literally labels entire organizations as fake.  Verifiable fact has been labeled as fake.  The president is a small man with no backbone who cannot justify his own statements and actions and therefore says that anything which suggests he might've done something wrong is fake; and that is absurd.  It can't all be fake with you guys.

Frankly I don't understand how you can be so oblivious to all the evidence that this is a cooked up political witch hunt. Obviously cooked up political witch hunts do happen and there is plenty of evidence that this is one of them. What exactly would it take for you to start to suspect that that is what's going on here?

Seriously. At what point would you start to think 'this is looking less like evidence against Trump and more like evidence of a partisan witch hunt'. What would it take for you to start considering that possibility.

Where is the evidence (please link me a legitimate source) that indicates the Russian collusion accusation is a partisan witch hunt?  I am genuinely interested, because if it turns out that the Democrats have fabricated this entire story, then that is another discussion and one in which I will eat my own words.  I will not stand by a party that accuses the president (even one I do not like) of treason (because, if true, that's exactly what this is).  That's a serious accusation, and it's one that should not be made lightly as a means to score political points.  And if that's all this investigation is, it's clear that it hasn't gained the Dems anything yet--in fact, the opposite is more likely so far.

But if it turns out this entire Russia thing was just a made up story, thought up by some DNC hack, then yea, I will be dead set against that.  Until you enlighten me, though, I haven't seen any indication that this is only a partisan witch hunt.  I await your legitimately sourced evidence.

Now if it turns out someone in Trump's campaign DID collude with Russia, will you make the same concessions that I have and denounce such activities as treasonous and deserving of some kind of serious punishment?  And if the president knew about it (which would make him just as guilty), will you pledge to call for impeachment?

But anyway.....

--Team Trump have repeatedly denied ties to Russia and repeatedly been caught lying about their denials https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/03/02/trump-teams-many-many-denials-contacts-russia/98625780/

--Roger Stone had advanced knowledge of Russia's disclosure through WikiLeaks about Hillary's e-mails https://twitter.com/rogerjstonejr/status/767366825743097856?lang=en

--"We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia"--DJT, Jr. https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2017/05/trump-lawyers-up-conflicts-of-interest/526185/

--Michael Flynn's repeated contacts with Russia https://www.theatlantic.com/news/archive/2017/02/flynn-resigns-timeline/516594/

--Jeff Sessions forced to recuse himself from the investigation amid controversy and lies regarding his contacts with Russia https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/02/us/politics/jeff-sessions-russia-trump-investigation-democrats.html

--Jared Kushner's attempt to establish back channel communications between the White House and the Russian government http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/27/jared-kushner-russia-backchannel-protocol-238888

--Carter Page being linked as a central figure between Trump and Russia http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-campaign-advisor-carter-page-targeted-russian-spies/story?id=46557506....and monitored by the FBI, after they obtained a FISA warrant (which is incredibly difficult to obtain) https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/fbi-obtained-fisa-warrant-to-monitor-former-trump-adviser-carter-page/2017/04/11/620192ea-1e0e-11e7-ad74-3a742a6e93a7_story.html?utm_term=.0767390cf006

--Not to mention Trump's ridiculous and repeated defense/praise of Putin, who is a dictator willing to murder his own people http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2017/03/politics/trump-putin-russia-timeline/

There are more, but I haven't the time right now to keep posting.  And any one of these would be cause for concern, though not necessarily damning; but when you put them all together you have cause for a serious and thorough investigation--because stacked together along with the knowledge of the fact that Russia did influence the election to favor Trump, it points to something nefarious having occurred.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2017, 04:11:08 PM »

Some people, to this day, will not believe Hitler gassed Jews. The same doubts in 1945 exist in 2016 for the same reasons. Evidence and experience counts for nothing. Those who doubt despite all evidence opposing them are rightly ostracised. When this electoral nightmare is over, those who are of a similar, unbending mindset need to be ostracised.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2017, 10:15:00 AM »

Some people, to this day, will not believe Hitler gassed Jews. The same doubts in 1945 exist in 2016 for the same reasons. Evidence and experience counts for nothing. Those who doubt despite all evidence opposing them are rightly ostracised. When this electoral nightmare is over, those who are of a similar, unbending mindset need to be ostracised.

Thank you!

They'll be unable to admit they're wrong though.  In their minds, they will always and forever be right.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies