When will Mueller finish his investigation (poll)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:11:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  When will Mueller finish his investigation (poll)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: In six month slots
Second half of 2017

First half of 2018

Second half of 2018

First half of 2019

Second half of 2019

First half of 2020

Second half of 2020

2021 or later

Never: investigation will be stopped

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 108

Author Topic: When will Mueller finish his investigation (poll)  (Read 3004 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 30, 2017, 05:33:13 PM »

Given these things tend to have a multiyear lifespan, I'm guessing first half of 2019.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 06:16:37 PM »

What I wonder is when indictments start to flow. If multiple people in Trump's orbit go down, it doesn't necessarily mean it will all happen at the end, right? It could happen along the way.

Further, parts of this investigation have been going on since last year, so there is the added bonus of getting a head start. I'd say either late 2018 - mid 2019.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 07:18:06 PM »

Probably mid- to late- 2018. I heard when the special counsel was first appointed it would take about a year and a half, but they seem get done sooner than originally estimated.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 09:48:22 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2017, 09:53:50 PM by Crumpets »

Someone (I feel like it was evergreen) posted a timeline of everything that usually goes down in an investigation of this scale, and how far along we are on that timeline. In its entirety, this investigation should take around two years from when Comey first started looking into the issue a few months ago. So, I'm thinking it'll be mid-to-late 2019 when it gets wrapped up.

EDIT - Here's the timeline:

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/867172280350146561/
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 11:23:39 AM »

Lots of people picking Second Half of 2018. I can't help but wonder if it's wishful thinking on Dem part to want Mueller to come out 2-3 months before the midterms.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2017, 11:39:05 AM »

Lots of people picking Second Half of 2018. I can't help but wonder if it's wishful thinking on Dem part to want Mueller to come out 2-3 months before the midterms.

One of the reasons I stated late 2018 - mid-2019 was because part of the investigation has already been going on since before Trump was inaugurated, and let's be honest, Trump and his colleagues appear to be stupid criminals. Trump literally admitted to obstruction on live TV and bragged about it to Russians he invited into the oval office. They have been making it really easy for Mueller and the FBI.

One specific where I could see this dragging out for quite a while is if Trump keeps doing potentially illegal things that ends up falling under Mueller's purview, which might delay any indictments.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2017, 11:52:50 AM »

One of the reasons I stated late 2018 - mid-2019 was because part of the investigation has already been going on since before Trump was inaugurated, and let's be honest, Trump and his colleagues appear to be stupid criminals. Trump literally admitted to obstruction on live TV and bragged about it to Russians he invited into the oval office. They have been making it really easy for Mueller and the FBI.

One specific where I could see this dragging out for quite a while is if Trump keeps doing potentially illegal things that ends up falling under Mueller's purview, which might delay any indictments.

It would be some pretty amazing unintentional 4D chess if Trump could just keep toeing the legal line for years so that Mueller was never sure whether now would be a good time to recommend an indictment.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2017, 09:05:14 AM »

I think by spring 2019. Maybe a few months sooner or later. Probably after the 2018 elections, but before another election year (2020) begins.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2017, 09:51:55 AM »

This is why I think the investigation will drag out for years, probably long after the 2018 midterms.
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2017, 02:24:48 PM »

I thought this would be worth bumping given the news of a grand jury being impaneled. I'm guessing late 2018 - early 2019.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2017, 03:12:48 PM »

I thought this would be worth bumping given the news of a grand jury being impaneled. I'm guessing late 2018 - early 2019.

It's also possible that Mueller casts out indictments as he goes, so when it ends isn't the same as "when the shoes start to drop." I really wouldn't be surprised to see Manafort and/or Flynn get indicted by mid-late 2018, if that is going to happen at all.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2017, 03:28:06 PM »

After, a GOP Congress is reelected barely, his investigation will be finished after 2018. But, the damage will aleady be done, for the primaries to begin on the Democratic side.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2017, 11:56:35 AM »

First half of 19........
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2017, 12:40:44 PM »

Voted Second half of 2018 but who knows really? It could be anytime depending on how much case work there is but fully expecting it to drop in either '18 or '19, probably in '18.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2018, 12:04:10 AM »

Bumping in case anyone wants to change their mind -also I have doubts whether Mueller will even be allowed to finish his investigation considering it is becoming increasingly clear that this GOP controlled Congress (following the lead of their Trumpified base) will roll over for him if and when Trump fires Mueller, along with other prominent law enforcement officials for aiding and abetting his investigation. 
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2018, 12:13:26 AM »

If Mueller is allowed to finish his investigation, I'm betting the results will be released as close to the 2020 Presidential Election as possible by someone on his staff (or by Mueller himself), just like what Comey did to Hillary.

Bonus points if Trump is cleared at first, then the investigation is reopened.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2018, 12:20:12 AM »

Bumping in case anyone wants to change their mind -also I have doubts whether Mueller will even be allowed to finish his investigation considering it is becoming increasingly clear that this GOP controlled Congress (following the lead of their Trumpified base) will roll over for him if and when Trump fires Mueller, along with other prominent law enforcement officials for aiding and abetting his investigation.  

I think one possible scenario is Mueller issues his first report, on the obstruction of justice issue, and then Trump responds either by firing Mueller himself, or else by firing Rosenstein and appointing someone as Deputy AG who will scrap the rest of the probe. He'll claim that any negative report from Mueller on obstruction is proof that Mueller is biased and that, even though he wants to cooperate with the investigation (this is a lie, but he'll say it anyway), he can't because the whole thing is fraudulent.

But I'll be honest, I really don't have much of a sense at all as to how this will play out.

Edit: If Mueller is allowed to do his job unimpeded (a big if), I think it would wrap up in the first half of 2019, so that's what I voted.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2018, 01:26:36 AM »

I think by spring 2019. Maybe a few months sooner or later. Probably after the 2018 elections, but before another election year (2020) begins.

I'll stick with this one Tongue
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2018, 01:50:34 AM »

I think one possible scenario is Mueller issues his first report, on the obstruction of justice issue, and then Trump responds either by firing Mueller himself, or else by firing Rosenstein and appointing someone as Deputy AG who will scrap the rest of the probe.

Yeah, I'm surprised that the tidbit in this NBC story about Mueller being ready to release a report on the obstruction of justice part of the investigation within the next couple of months hasn't received more attention.  Mueller could very well release a report within a month or two that the Democrats in Congress at least think is already impeachment-worthy, but that doesn't actually mean that Mueller would be done.  The investigation would continue on other fronts.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2018, 08:25:45 PM »

Trump keeps doing things that are probably even going to make it longer. I still think Trump fires Rosenstein and then his new appointee fires Mueller though. If it was to go on to its conclusion though, I would think that the beginning of 2019 might be a reasonable time frame.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2018, 09:42:26 AM »

Bump.

I still stand by this prediction:

DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2018, 01:13:48 PM »

Mueller won't stop until every member of the Trump family is behind bars or in juvie.  Probably a couple more months.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2018, 02:00:11 PM »

Mueller will implicate the Trump kids and he will make it as uncomfortable for Trump as possible without making him a target, but a subject, I say the Fall of 2019
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2018, 02:50:19 PM »

Mueller won't stop until every member of the Trump family is behind bars or in juvie.  Probably a couple more months.

"I was as surprised as anybody that Barron was printing counterfeit $100s inside his pillow fort."
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2018, 02:53:57 PM »
« Edited: December 17, 2018, 04:15:30 PM by Crumpets »

Mueller won't stop until every member of the Trump family is behind bars or in juvie.  Probably a couple more months.

"I was as surprised as anybody that Barron was printing counterfeit $100s inside his pillow fort."

One week later: Sources report Barron has struck agreement with Special Counsel, is cooperating.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies