1184AZ for Senate-On your side (Concession Speech )
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:21:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  1184AZ for Senate-On your side (Concession Speech )
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 1184AZ for Senate-On your side (Concession Speech )  (Read 3028 times)
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 01, 2017, 08:32:18 PM »
« edited: July 10, 2017, 05:33:45 PM by Acting Game Moderator 1184AZ »

1184AZ for Senate
On Your Side

With Atlasia facing an volatile political situation we need trusted leadership that will be on your side. With the resignation of Senator Ted we can keep this senate seat with someone that will look out for the interests of Atlasia and Fremont foremost or pick someone who's first agenda will be getting into line behind some partisan agenda. Anyways that is probably enough about the other side;after all we don't want this campaign to be devoid of ideas.

As a Senator my first promise to you is that I will put the interests of this game first and foremost and secondly I will remain completely 100% engaged and active in the senate. In the Senate my goal will be to try and make legislation work by proposing amendments to bills that might be on the right track but need some improvement. In the senate the following would be my major priorities: Game reform, energy, infrastructure and ensuring passage of the return education to the regions act and pass the 2017 CJR act. Over the next few days I will hold go more into depth into each of  these policy areas.

official banner

Endorsements
-Southern Delegate West_Midlander
-Representative Leinad
-President dfwlibertylover
-Former Fremont Assemblyman Wulfric/Dwarven Dragon
-Acting Governor fhtagn
-Citizen Politicalmasta73
-Delegate Vern
-Former Fremont Assemblyman MT. Treasure  
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 08:35:04 PM »

Endorsed. What better voice for Fremont, and Atlasia, than a non-partisan one expressly dedicated to game activity?
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 08:47:13 PM »

Endorsed. What better voice for Fremont, and Atlasia, than a non-partisan one expressly dedicated to game activity?
Thanks Delegate West Midlander
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 08:58:07 PM »

#NotMySide

But more seriously, good luck. But I'm a partisan hack, so not too good, unless we somehow don't get a better candidate. Wink
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 09:10:05 PM »

Endorsed! AZ has always put Atlasia before partisan divides, and he's prepared to take Atlasia to the next level in the Senate. I encourage Fremont voters, regardless of party, to support AZ!
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2017, 09:11:20 PM »

Endorsed! AZ has always put Atlasia before partisan divides, and he's prepared to take Atlasia to the next level in the Senate. I encourage Fremont voters, regardless of party, to support AZ!
Thanks for the support!
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2017, 09:11:36 PM »

Endorsed!
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2017, 09:11:58 PM »

Thanks!
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2017, 09:22:43 PM »

Endorsed!
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2017, 09:23:48 PM »

Thanks for your support!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2017, 09:28:10 PM »

Endorsed!

Smiley
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2017, 09:34:37 PM »

Thanks for the support Smiley
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2017, 12:21:34 PM »

Judging from your endorsements, you are running as a Federalist right? Tongue
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2017, 01:50:07 PM »

Judging from your endorsements, you are running as a Federalist right? Tongue
Yes.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2017, 01:51:33 PM »

Ok I was kind of confused b/c you seem, or at least seemed, to switch party affliation fairly often.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2017, 04:30:59 PM »

Here is our campaigns official banner. I would like to thank fhtagn for taking the time creating and designing this banner.

Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2017, 06:12:11 PM »

Game reform as a tool
to improve Atlasia

While many will perhaps correctly state that many of Atlasia problems are operational that doesn't discount the use potential usefulness of game reform. Still we need to view any type of game reform as not inherently good or bad but instead a too with varying degrees of effectiveness. Any reform that we come up with needs to have it's consequences well though out and serve a specific purpose before being implemented. Below are a few proposals that I believe will help revitalize this game  without to much downside.

1. A cabinet activity amendment-Ever grow frustrated at times with inactive cabinet members? This amendment has the goal of setting basic activity requirements for cabinet members (AG, and SOFE excluded), to ensure that our executive branch maintains a basic activity level. This amendment would require that cabinet officials take action in a two week period or forfeit their office they hold, as long as they have not posted an LOA.

2. Establish a budget officer- This individual would work with the GM and federal government to write the budget, set interest rates and inflation targeting practices as well as working with the regional governments on financial issues.

3. Establish an outreach committee to evaluate and recommend game reforms- I know their will be some that will be skeptical of another committee, however we will place activity requirements similar to item #1 to keep Atlasians active. This committee will be filled with individuals from both the federal and regional governments as well as from the non-elected appointed citizens. This will not only help us come up with some game reform proposals as well as creating more opportunities for activity.     
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2017, 06:56:32 PM »

Return education to the regions?

Do you wish to abolish the federal department of education and letting the regions decide?
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2017, 07:07:12 PM »

Thanks for your support!
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2017, 08:44:07 PM »

Do you wish to abolish the federal department of education and letting the regions decide?
Such a thing does not exist in Atlasia
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2017, 08:49:21 PM »

Um, yes it does? The Department of Education is a subdivision of the Department of Internal Affairs.

In any case, much as I respect the Deputy Game Moderator, the automatic expulsion of officials from office is a very bad idea that has caused multiple constitutional crises in the past year alone. If a cabinet member is legitimately neglecting their duties, the Constitution allows for them to be removed via the impeachment process. And, yes, I'm skeptical of plans to create yet another reform committee; instead of an endless delegation of authority, I'd like to see our congresspeople actually propose something, explain why it's necessary, and fight to get it passed.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2017, 09:06:48 PM »

Um, yes it does? The Department of Education is a subdivision of the Department of Internal Affairs.

Not quite, it is a subdivision but it does not exist in the way Windjammer describes it to be.

And, yes, I'm skeptical of plans to create yet another reform committee; instead of an endless delegation of authority, I'd like to see our congresspeople actually propose something, explain why it's necessary, and fight to get it passed.

Dude you know who you supported for President.....right?
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2017, 09:09:21 PM »

Not only that, but Mr. Windjammer must be aware of the House bill "Return Education to our Regions Act" which would do such a thing and does appear to have labor's support. So the Labor Party appears to also support such a thing and so it would be who of Labor to support 1184AZ for Senate, as I encourage all Fremontians to do!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2017, 09:11:35 PM »

In any case, much as I respect the Deputy Game Moderator, the automatic expulsion of officials from office is a very bad idea that has caused multiple constitutional crises in the past year alone. If a cabinet member is legitimately neglecting their duties, the Constitution allows for them to be removed via the impeachment process. And, yes, I'm skeptical of plans to create yet another reform committee; instead of an endless delegation of authority, I'd like to see our congresspeople actually propose something, explain why it's necessary, and fight to get it passed.

And leaving an inactive officeholder in place is going to be any less of a crisis? Most of what you are referring to is Governors. Well, here is the thing, if a Governor fails to hold an election and their term lapses, that is just as much of a constitutional crisis as is their removal from office. In the south, The Governor doesn't administer elections so that is less of a problem.

I don't think any crisis was "caused" by the automatic removal of Governor NeverAgain. What it did do was lead to the elevation of someone who could sign the bills and keep the trains running, and trigger a special election for a more active replacement.

The solution is not to leave these people in place, the solution is to have a process for an organized transition and replacement. And no offense, but I have doubts that the CoD would have had the balls to impeach or remove the Governor who was also the chairman of the majority party in said chamber. And nothing was done in December after I repeatedly PMed blair about NeverAgain neglecting his Speakership in the House. At least this way it is a single set standard, it applies to everyone regardless of party and it puts the issues of competence and accountability above partisan concerns.

I share the skepticism for committees, but frankly I have not seen the stomach from the members of House to engage in something like say devolving education policy even. I have to PM them just to get them to post the most mundane comments. I think there could be a workable combination between a crowd sourced or fully fleshed proposal from a committee format that is then brought to the House or Senate, I don't see any less chance of that working then relying on Congress at this point. Finally "what we would like to see" and what will actually happen are two very different things.

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2017, 09:14:22 PM »

Dfw, I think you have truly problems with aggressivity. Even if I have of course some disagreements with 1184AZ, I trust this distinguinshed person that I hold in high esteem to answer simply my question. I just was back in the game recently and I'm a curious person.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies