Do you miss President Obama? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:18:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Do you miss President Obama? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you miss number 44?
Yes (D)

No (D)

Yes (R)

No (R)

Yes (I/O)

No (I/O)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 132

Author Topic: Do you miss President Obama?  (Read 4383 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: July 14, 2017, 03:09:56 AM »

No. Being the best President of the last 36 years is too low a bar to necessarily make you a good President.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 09:11:55 PM »

No. If Obama was more competent, we would have had DC statehood, PR statehood, and legalized weed right now. Obama spent too much time trying to be BFFs with Republicans because he wanted to be remembered as a bipartisan hero

This is utterly absurd to the point of laughable. Every part of it is painfully wrong. And so obviously ahistorical and inconsistent with the (still pretty recent) facts and objective reality I lived through that I have to wonder if you are like 10 years old or were living under a rock during his entire presidency.

Obama had to fight tooth and nail just to get healthcare passed while he still had Congress. After he pulled that off, he lost control of Congress because leftists thought they didn’t have to show up to vote anymore. Then he was faced with one of the most obstructionist Congresses in history that openly admitted their only objective was to prevent him from doing anything. His only choice was to try to work with them, but they refused. Then ignorant leftists like you wrongly blamed OBAMA for this instead of the Republicans, so you once again didn’t show up to vote and things got even worse. Then you used “Obama didn’t get everything I wanted done!” as an excuse to not vote AGAIN in 2016 and let Trump get elected. Blaming Democrats for not being able to get anything done because you didn’t show up to vote was a vicious cycle that compounded on itself. I can only hope now some people are starting to snap out of it.

Honestly, these constant ridiculous criticisms from leftists, combined with your apparent belief that Bernie could have gotten extremely ambitious and vague policies passed easily by waving a magic wand (certainly no other explanation given), really make me question how much you people even understand about how the government actually works at all. Newsflash: The president isn’t a dictator who is elected every 4 years and granted unlimited powers to do whatever he wants during that time. Even the UK system is closer to that than ours. Here, you have to remain constantly engaged and constantly deal with the other side. And when people don’t understand that so they don’t vote to give their side a majority while the other side is totally uncooperative, you get the gridlock that characterized much of Obama’s years.
Explain why Obama couldn’t get DC or PR statehood, despite having a supermajority or nearly a supermajority, when there’s actually a legit chance that Democrats can now get those two states ratified despite only having a very narrow House majority and only 50 Senators

But Joe Lieberman.

Please don't check and notice that Lieberman was one of the biggest DC statehood proponents. We need to blame everything on him.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies