John Kerry defeats George W. Bush 2004
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:47:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  John Kerry defeats George W. Bush 2004
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: John Kerry defeats George W. Bush 2004  (Read 21226 times)
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: August 14, 2017, 11:45:54 PM »

February 27, 2020 - Booker concedes defeat, Mark Warner becomes Presumptive Democratic Presidential Nominee

"Moments ago, I spoke with Vice President Warner and told him that I accept the fact that mathematically speaking, I have no way to win the nomination of our party for President. I offered the Vice President my enthusiastic support and endorsement. I am confident he will lead our party to victory this fall. During the course of this campaign, we stood tall for progressive values. We defended a woman's right to choose, the idea that health care is a right, and the notion that every American is created equally. I am very proud of the work we did together and I'll continue to use my voice to fight for what's right and just in America" - Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ)

"Tonight, I am your nominee. I'm running for President to safeguard America's promise for everyone who is a citizen of this great nation. In businesses and as a Governor, I learned how to balance budgets while still investing in people. I worked hard to expand health access, invest in education, balance the budget, and cut taxes for working families. I'm running for President of the United States not to re-litigate decisions of the past, but to work towards a future we can all believe in. Both Vice President Bush and Governor LePage believe that if we just cut taxes and stopped regulating, our economy would somehow grow. I believe in lower taxes for small businesses, working families, and the middle class. I also believe in fewer regulations. But I know that to grow our economy, we have to invest in education, health care, infrastructure, job training, and green energy. We can do these things and still both reduce taxes and balance the federal budget. It's going to take leadership that looks beyond party and ideology and towards common-sense solutions. I'm ready to be that leader" - Vice President Mark Warner, Presumptive Democratic Presidential Nominee

March 2, 2020 - Mark Warner's V.P. Prospects
Governor of New York Andrew Cuomo
Congresswoman Kristen Gillibrand of New York
U.S. Senator Chris Murphy (D-CT)
Governor of North Carolina Roy Cooper
House Minority Leader Steve Israel (D-NY)
U.S. Senator and Former Presidential Hopeful Cory Booker (D-NJ)
Former Governor of Massachusetts Deval Patrick

March 5, 2020 - Bush wins Colorado, Minnesota

Colorado - Bush 62% LePage 37%
Minnesota - Bush 55% LePage 44%

March 7, 2020 - Texas Governor Greg Abbott, Senator Ted Cruz, Former Senator Phil Gramm endorse Bush ahead of primary

AUSTIN, TX - Governor of Texas Greg Abbott, U.S. Senator Ted Cruz of Texas, and Former U.S. Senator Phil Gramm of Texas endorsed Jeb Bush's presidential candidacy ahead of the Lone Star state's GOP Presidential Primary.

March 10, 2020 - Bush defeats LePage in Texas

Jeb Bush 68%
Paul LePage 31%

March 12, 2020 - Bush supported John Kasich: I'll run third party if LePage is the GOP nominee

CLEVELAND, OH - Former Governor of Ohio John Kasich told CBS News that if Paul LePage wins the GOP Presidential Nomination, he would run third party. "I am confident my friend Jeb Bush will be the next President of the United States, but if Paul LePage is nominated for President I will run third party to give Americans an alternative to both the status-quo and the dark, fear-mongering being pushed by Governor LePage," Kasich stated.

kasich please don't mess this up
BushKerry04

« Reply #101 on: August 15, 2017, 09:52:02 PM »

March 20, 2020 - Bush wins Utah, South Dakota, and D.C. Primaries

Utah - Bush 72% LePage 27%
South Dakota - Bush 68% LePage 31%
D.C. - Bush 92% LePage 7%

March 27, 2020 - Bush defeats LePage in Delaware, Louisiana, and Mississippi

Delaware - Bush 77% LePage 32%
Louisiana - Bush 53% LePage 46%
Mississippi - Bush 51% LePage 48%

March 28, 2020 - LePage ends Presidential Bid, declines to endorse Bush; Bush secures GOP Presidential Nomination

"Millions of Americans flocked to our campaign and rejected the establishment and the status-quo in Washington D.C. Our campaign is truly the greatest grassroots movement our country has seen in a long time. While we attracted millions of votes in places we weren't supposed to even be in the top three, it has become clear to my team and I that we simply are not in a position to compete with Jeb Bush's money, especially in delegate-rich states like California and Illinois. I phoned Vice President Bush and congratulated him on his success in this campaign. I told him I hope he can earn my vote and the votes of the millions of people who supported this campaign. Regardless of if I vote for Vice President Bush or not, I do know he'd be a better President than Mark Warner. Together, you and I set out to stand up for those who've been ignored by Washington politicians for years, and while we didn't win this primary, we did stand tall for our values and we will continue to do so" - Former Governor of Maine Paul LePage

"Thanks to the dedication of my campaign team and the thousands of volunteers who helped get our message out, we have won this primary and I will be the Republican nominee for President of the United States. During the course of this campaign, I've laid out detailed proposals to get our economy moving again, to balance the federal budget, to end our dependence on foreign sources of energy, to stand up for a culture of life, and to defend the American people. My experience in business, education, as a Governor, and as Vice President of the United States prepares me to lead our country towards a new era of prosperity. Four years ago, when President Romney and I left office, America had a balanced budget, welfare rolls were half of what they were eight years prior, and the economy had experienced the second longest era of prosperity in history. Sadly, today, unemployment is at it's highest level since 2009, the budget deficit is the highest it's been in a decade, and welfare rolls have increased by 25% since 2017. That's the record my opponent will run on. I'm proud of my record and I know that with the right leadership and policies, we can ensure the era we live in is a second American century" - Former Vice President Jeb Bush, Presumptive Republican Presidential Nominee

April 2, 2020 - Jeb Bush V.P. Prospects

Governor of South Carolina Nikki Haley
Former U.S. Secretary of State Jon Huntsman Jr.
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL)
U.S. Senator Pat Toomey (R-PA)
U.S. Senate Minority Leader and Former GOP Presidential Hopeful Lisa Murkowski (R-AK)
House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI)
 U.S. Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX)

April 5, 2020 - Poll: Warner, Bush in tight general election race

National - Warner 47% Bush 45%
Ohio - Bush 45% Warner 45%
Pennsylvania - Warner 46% Bush 44%
Iowa - Warner 46% Bush 45%
Florida - Bush 70% Warner 29%
Virginia - Warner 65% Bush 34%
New Hampshire - Warner 48% Bush 44%
Colorado - Bush 46% Warner 45%
North Carolina - Bush 45% Warner 44%
Nevada - Warner 48% Bush 45%
Wisconsin - Warner 49% Bush 42%
Michigan - Warner 48% Bush 42%

July 25, 2020 - Warner selects Gillibrand for Vice President

RICHMOND, VA - Presumptive Democratic Presidential Nominee Mark Warner announced that Congresswoman Kristen Gillibrand of New York, ranking member of the House Budget Committee, would be his running-mate in the 2020 presidential election. "Kristen Gillibrand understands the necessity of working with both political parties to invest in our people while still exercising fiscal responsibility. She's been a tireless champion for the rights of women across the globe and to provide health insurance to every child, veteran, and senior citizen in America. She will make an exceptional Vice President," Warner declared. "I am ready to join Mark Warner to unify our country and solve problems. Investing in our people, balancing the federal budget, and ensuring working families can get ahead must be the calling of our time," Gillibrand stated.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #102 on: August 15, 2017, 10:01:45 PM »

he cant choose rubio because they are from the same state.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #103 on: August 16, 2017, 01:27:24 AM »

While I want it to be ted Cruz I think pat toomey would be a smarter choice
Upset Paul lapage lost Sad
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #104 on: August 16, 2017, 04:48:19 AM »

Inside this time line Florida is ultra red or blue on here
Last time Florida went democrat was 1996 it's not a swing state
BushKerry04

« Reply #105 on: August 18, 2017, 11:05:08 PM »

While I want it to be ted Cruz I think pat toomey would be a smarter choice
Upset Paul lapage lost Sad

LePage's problem was money.

Inside this time line Florida is ultra red or blue on here
Last time Florida went democrat was 1996 it's not a swing state

Bush and Romney did well in Florida, but it's still a swing state in this timeline.

he cant choose rubio because they are from the same state.

See below

August 1, 2020 - Bush taps Haley as running-mate

CHAPEL HILL, NC - Presumptive Republican Presidential Nominee Jeb Bush announced that Governor of South Carolina Nikki Haley would be his running-mate in the 2020 presidential election. "Nikki Haley has experience uniting people behind a positive, hopeful agenda. She understands the American dream and the importance of preserving that dream," Bush said of Haley. "Jeb Bush's experience and his detailed agenda for America are exactly what our country needs in times of uncertainty. We need Jeb Bush's optimism to renew a sense of hope for all Americans," Haley declared.

August 12, 2020 - Former U.S. Secretary of State Jon Huntsman Jr. delivers RNC Keynote Address

"Today, our country faces extraordinary challenges, some of which we've never seen before. We face tougher economic competition from Asia and South America. Under President Romney and Vice President Bush, we were in a position to compete. The Romney/Bush administration cut taxes, reduced regulations, encouraged and expanded free trade, invested in our nation's infrastructure, and actually did something to control health insurance costs. I'm proud to the work I did as Secretary of State, working with Jeb Bush to fight for a dozen new free trade agreements, increase transparency between us and our trading partners, and to combat human trafficking across the globe. Jeb Bush understands that we have to fix our economy so that we can continue to lead the world. Unfortunately, our opponents have a very different view. They believe that we are stronger when we are more divided. Friends, this nation is divided today because career politicians in Washington D.C. refuse to work across the aisle to get things done. I know Jeb Bush. Jeb Bush is a friend of mine. We can trust Jeb Bush to put country first and find solutions to our challenges" - Jon Huntsman Jr., Former U.S. Secretary of State

August 14, 2020 - Governor of South Carolina Nikki Haley accepts GOP Vice Presidential Nomination

"I accept your nomination for Vice President of the United States understanding full well the great responsibility that the job will demand of me. As Governor of South Carolina, I'm proud to have taken on the special interests to do what's right for the people who elected me. I cut taxes, reduced debt, appointed conservative justices, and fought the Moseley-Braun administration's failed attempt to punish my state because we said no to the Dream Act and sanctuary cities. I stand before you here tonight as the daughter of immigrants. America is a great country because here, anyone can accomplish anything they set their mind to, so long as they work hard and play by the rules. Sadly, over the last four years, our economy has begun to make it harder for millions of Americans to accomplish their dreams. Under the Moseley-Braun/Warner administration, unemployment has nearly doubled, the national debt has increased by over a trillion dollars, 350,000 more Americans live in poverty, and welfare rolls have increased by 25%. Now, Mark Warner wants to be entrusted with the most powerful position in the world. With a record like that, how can we trust him? Jeb Bush and I have a very different view. We believe in lower taxes, fewer regulations, free markets, and limited government. We have detailed proposals to balance the budget, cut taxes for working Americans and businesses, end our country's dependence on foreign sources of energy, and invest in American infrastructure without increasing taxes or debt. We are ready to restore hope for all Americans" - Governor Nikki Haley (R-SC), Republican Vice Presidential Nominee

August 15, 2020 - Former Vice President Jeb Bush accepts GOP Presidential Nomination

"Four years ago, I stood before this convention at a time when the unemployment rate was at it's lowest level in nearly a generation, America had experienced the second longest economic expansion in history, the federal budget was balanced, and we had just passed historic tax relief, bi-partisan health care reform, and the first entitlement reform in nearly three decades. Sadly, today, thanks to the policies my opponent has supported, we are in an era of uncertainty. In this election, Americans face an important choice. My opponent has proposed $800 billion in new federal spending, $40 billion in new economic regulations, and he has refused to rule out raising taxes on American companies. My vision for America is very different. My plan reduces taxes and limits deductions so our tax code is simpler, fairer, and flatter. I've proposed a path to balance the federal budget and I support a constitutional balanced budget amendment. I've also put forth detailed plans to end our dependence on foreign sources of energy, increase the number of free trade agreements, expand health care coverage for our veterans, and improve the quality of education in under-performing school districts in urban and rural communities across the country. For my entire adult life, I've set goals and with the help of those around me, I've met those goals. In business, in education, as a Governor, and as Vice President, I've always been about solutions. You, the people of this country, are also about solutions. Throughout our history, Americans have always solved complex problems. Today, I pledge to you that as President, I will work with Republicans and Democrats to fix what's broken and preserve what's working," - Former Vice President Jeb Bush, Republican Presidential Nominee

August 22, 2020 - U.S. Senator Bob Casey Jr. (D-PA) gives DNC Keynote Address

"During good times and bad, Americans have always come together to accomplish great things. At their convention in Denver, the Republicans failed to give the American people any new solutions to the challenges we face. They proposed more tax cuts, fewer regulations, and more free trade. These are the same policies they've been running on since 1980. Their nominee for President is the same nominee as four years ago, and he's been on their ticket since 2008. Mark Warner offers Americans a new generation of leadership. As Democrats, we have to continue to be the party that advances the cause of equality. We should always defend the right of every American to have access to quality health insurance, clean drinking water, an affordable education, and a living wage. But as a party, now is our moment to prove to the American people that we are serious about fiscal responsibility. We can balance the budget, keep taxes low for middle and lower income Americans, and invest in education, health care, the environment, and infrastructure. Mark Warner proved, as Governor of Virginia, that government can be, as John F. Kennedy said, limited yet effective. That's the right course for our country" - Sen. Bob Casey Jr. (D-PA)

BushKerry04

« Reply #106 on: August 18, 2017, 11:06:41 PM »

August 24, 2020 - Congresswoman Kristen Gillibrand (D-NY) accepts Democratic Vice Presidential Nomination

"As Democrats, as Americans, we have to come together and work hard to fight for people in this country who have been left behind for far too long. Elections are about choices, and this election is no exception. Our opponents would rather cut taxes for the very rich then fund women's health care, they want to appoint judges who oppose a woman's right to choose, and they have been silent on the civil rights issues of our time, such as pay equality and marriage equality. Jeb Bush's $900 billion tax scheme will increase the national debt and deficits. Mark Warner and I have put forth a plan that invests in education, health care, affordable college, infrastructure, and environmental protection without raising taxes on working families. We've pledged to combat the pay gap between men and women and to fight for marriage equality. The choice in this election is not really about two political parties, or even two candidates. It's about two very different visions for the future of our country. Here is my challenge to you. Visit www.WarnerVersusBush.com and see the facts about the records and visions of the two respective tickets. You'll find that while Mark Warner and I have spent our careers fighting for the working men and women of this country, our opponents have fought for large tax breaks for the wealthy and politically-connected. Our opponents have pandered to the far right of the Republican Party. we've stood firm for bi-partisan solutions to America's problems. They choose showmanship, we choose leadership" - Rep. Kristen Gillibrand (D-NY), Democratic Vice Presidential Nominee

August 25, 2020 - Vice President Mark Warner accepts Democratic Presidential Nomination

"America is at a crossroads at this moment in history. My opponent and I agree on one thing. We do live in uncertain times. Today, the gap between rich and poor is the greatest it's been since the Great Depression. Women still earn just 75% of what men earn. Too many Americans still lack health insurance and struggle living pay check to pay check. But make no mistake about it. These challenges were not created overnight. Vice President Bush seeks to blame our President and myself for these challenges. You see, that's the problem with our politics. When people point fingers, it makes it harder to find solutions. I'm proud to have stood with President Moseley-Braun in strengthening our alliances with our allies, improving the quality of our schools and reducing the achievement gap in education, expanding health care access to millions of our kids, and investing in the green economy to end our dependence on foreign sources of energy. But I am running for President on my own record in business and as a Democratic Governor who worked on a bi-partisan basis to invest in education and health care while keeping taxes low and balancing the budget. My experience working with both political parties to get things done is exactly what we need in a broken Washington D.C. today. You see, members of both political parties want what's best for this generation and the next. What we desperately need in Washington today is someone who can bring the two parties together to balance the budget and invest in education, health care, the environment, education, and improving our roads and bridges across America. Let us come together as one nation, as one people, to solve the challenges of our time. We have to always remember that more unites us as Americans than divides us" - Vice President Mark Warner, Democratic Presidential Nominee 

September 25, 2020 - Poll: Tight race with just weeks until election day

National - Warner 47% Bush 45%
Ohio - Warner 46% Bush 45%
Pennsylvania - Warner 48% Bush 44%
Iowa - Bush 45% Warner 45%
Nevada - Bush 46% Warner 45%
Florida - Bush 59% Warner 35%
Virginia - Warner 54% Bush 39%
Wisconsin - Warner 49% Bush 42%
Michigan - Warner 51% Bush 38%
New Hampshire - Warner 47% Bush 45%
New Mexico - Bush 45% Warner 45%
Colorado - Bush 48% Warner 44%

October 4, 2020 - In first Presidential Debate moderated by Anderson Cooper, Bush and Warner show contrast on domestic policy

Cooper: In your opinion, are Americans better off today than they were in 2016?
Bush: This is the question that has defined many elections and I believe there is no more important one than in this race. Looking at the numbers, the answer is no. Unemployment is the highest it's been since 2009, 350,000 more people live in poverty, median income has fallen by over $2,000, and welfare rolls have increased by 25%. I've spoken with countless people who lost their jobs or who struggle to pay their energy bills because this administration has over-regulated the energy sector. There is a difference between Vice President Warner and I. When I was Vice President, we experienced the second longest economic expansion in history, incomes rose, poverty fell, and we saw jobs come back to America. The Vice President has presided over the poor record I just described.
Warner: I do believe Americans are better off today than they were four years ago. Vice President Bush and I agree our economy is facing a period of uncertainty. But this administration has worked hard to ensure that in the long-term, our country has a growth strategy. We've passed education reform that better prepares our kids for the jobs of tomorrow and we've invested in the largest expansion of health insurance for children in history. We've also continued President Romney's investments in job training and placement programs. My economic agenda invests in the green economy, American infrastructure, and creates an environment where we encourage manufacturing and farming right here in America' That will help us be better off in four years from now than we are today.

Cooper: What are your top three domestic priorities?
Warner: Education, health care, and infrastructure are my top priorities. This administration has expanded school choice, raised standards, and increased funding in order to reduce class sizes in overcrowded urban communities. We've made progress in improving education amongst the poorest students, but there is more work to be done. I've called for investing more funding towards special education and programs aimed at keeping our kids off the streets. On health care, this administration has expanded SCHIP and medicaid funding. I want to to continue to do so, my goal is to make sure every child is covered with health insurance by the year 2025. On infrastructure, I have said that I will fight for a $700 billion program, over ten years, that will completely revamp and even expand the interstate highway system in this country. Those are my priorities.
Bush: Growing our economy has to be the top priority of the next President. I've put forth a three-point plan to get us there. First, we have to get our fiscal house in order. I would balance the federal budget by reducing spending to FY2016 levels and I'll fight to pass a balanced budget amendment to the constitution. Secondly, we have to both reduce taxes and reform our broken tax code. I want to replace the current six tax brackets with two flatter rates of 8% and 25%, reduce the corporate tax rate from 25% to 18%, and eliminate the capital gains tax. I also want to see us eliminate all deductions except for health care, education, and charitable contributions. Finally, ending our dependence on foreign sources of energy is also key to a vibrant economy. I want to reverse the regulations on natural gas and clean coal this administration implemented, and I want to open up more of our federal lands to oil drilling.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #107 on: August 19, 2017, 09:47:52 AM »

make sure to put polls in the next post thx nice job!
BushKerry04

« Reply #108 on: August 19, 2017, 08:50:43 PM »

make sure to put polls in the next post thx nice job!

Thank you! I did include a poll above.

October 12, 2020 - Haley, Gillibrand participate in Vice Presidential Debate moderated by Megan Kelly

KELLY: How do you view the role of Vice President and what qualifies you to hold that role?
HALEY: The Vice President of the United States supports the President's agenda, advises the President, and takes on tasks that are of the highest priority for the President. In my case, I intend to take a leadership role in passing Jeb Bush's economic plan and advocating for increased free trade between the U.S. and our allies. I have experience in the private sector, as a member of the legislative branch of government, and as the chief executive of the State of South Carolina. My experience prepares me to work with leaders here at home and around the world to create positive changes for the American people.
GILLIBRAND: The Vice President of the United States works with the President and other members of the administration to get things done for the country. Every Vice President has a slightly different role in terms of policy. Mark Warner and I believe my job, if honored to serve as Vice President, from a policy standpoint will be to fight for the rights of women and children across the globe and here at home. I'm proud of the fact that during my career in law and in Congress, I've fought for women and families in this country. I worked to pass the largest medicaid expansion for the poorest in our society in the history of our country. I'll continue to fight for those without a voice as Vice President of the United States.

KELLY: What do you believe is the biggest difference between your ticket and the opposing ticket?
GILLIBRAND: The biggest difference between Vice President Bush and Governor Haley when compared to Vice President Warner and myself is what fights we've taken on during the course of our careers in public service. As Governor of Florida, Jeb Bush fought for policies supported by the NRA and groups that oppose a woman's right to choose. Florida has amongst the highest crime rates in America today as a result. Governor Haley has sought to dismantle unions and supported huge tax breaks for the wealthy in South Carolina as property taxes for middle and lower income families have increased by 10% under her watch. Their records stand in stark contrast to Mark Warner's and mine. In Virginia, Mark Warner increased funding for education, invested in improving services for kids with special needs, expanding health care access to more families, and still balanced his state's budget, reduced debt, and even cut taxes for working families. In Congress, I fought to expand medicaid access for over 3 million Americans, including over a million children. I also fought for the toughest environmental standards in the history of our country and to expand access to health care for our veterans.
HALEY: Under Carol Moseley-Braun and Mark Warner, the unemployment rate has hit a decade high, job growth has slowed to it's lowest level since the beginning of the century, welfare rolls have climbed by over 25%, food stamp use has increased by over 4 million Americans, poverty has increased by over 350,000 Americans, and the cost of energy has increased by over 15% for the average American. Under Mitt Romney and Jeb Bush, Americans saw median income rise by over $3,000, unemployment was reduced by more than half, poverty was reduced to it's lowest level in decades, and we experienced the second longest time of economic expansion in history. I'm proud that as a member of Congress, I voted with the Romney administration more than anyone in the entire Congress. The difference between our two tickets is leadership. Jeb Bush and I worked with Republicans and Democrats to produce positive results, their ticket has divided Americans.

October 20, 2020 - Bush, Warner debate foreign policy in second debate moderated by Chuck Todd

TODD: Why are you the better candidate to deal with foreign policy issues?
WARNER: There is no question but that Vice President Bush and I both have experience in foreign policy issues. Both of us agree on the importance of free trade and combating genocide. But I do believe that our administration's differed greatly on foreign policy, and our visions for America's role in the world are different from one another. The reality is, Vice President Bush has criticized this administration for entering into treaties on complex issues like climate change and combating economic inequality worldwide. Vice President Bush has voiced the sentiments of the extreme wing of his party when it comes to the United Nations. Last year, he said he understood why some want us to get out of the United Nations. I believe the U.S. has a vital interest in remaining active in world affairs and working with our allies to solve complex problems.
BUSH: This administration's foreign policy isn't working to advance American strength or economic vitality on the global stage. They've undermined free trade agreements we passed decades ago, and our trade deficit has increased by 200% in just four years. That's the largest increase in history. We can't maintain strong alliances with our allies if we undermine agreements we signed with our allies. Secondly, this administration has slashed the defense budget by $40 billion. Our military is the smallest it's been since the 1980s. That undermines our ability to protect strength. I believe America must lead the world towards greater peace and prosperity. We should trade with our allies and stand up for our values. I don't support the foreign policy adventurism of the 1990s, but I do believe we have to defend our national security interests. I believe based on our records, I'm the better candidate to conduct foreign policy.

October 27, 2020 - Bush, Warner make final case to voters in final debate

"During the course of this campaign, I've put forth detailed proposals to reform our tax code and cut taxes to grow our economy, increase the number of free trade agreements, end our nation's dependence on foreign sources of energy, balance the federal budget, and improve education for all of our students. For my entire adult life, I have sought to make a difference for my family, community, and country. I built a successful business, started a charter school for undeserved children, served as a Governor who fought for tax cuts and sweeping education reform, and stood by President Mitt Romney in making our country safer, stronger, and more prosperous during my two terms as Vice President of the United States. I made the decision to run for President this year because I believe my experience prepares me to lead our country during an hour of uncertainty. The platform I've presented to you is intended to grow our economy and ensure this century is the second American century. In just a few days from now, you will make an important choice. Like so many previous candidates, I ask you one question. Are you better off today than you were 4 years ago? Sadly, for the millions of Americans who struggle to find work and others who have difficulty making ends meet because of the failed policies of this administration, the answer is no. I humbly ask for your vote so together, we can restore hope for our country's future" - Former Vice President Jeb Bush

"I'm proud of my service as Vice President of the United States, and I'm proud that this administration has strengthened our alliances with our allies, combated  the climate crisis, expanded health care access to more Americans, and improved the quality of our poorest schools. But I'm not running for President Moseley-Braun's second term, I'm running on my own record and have my own vision for America's future. My record is that of someone who has created jobs and worked to cut taxes, balance budgets, and invest in education and health care as Governor of Virginia. What America needs today is a leader who looks beyond party labels. I'm ready to go to work to solve problems and do the people's business. While I am proud of my progressive values and won't apologize for those values, I haven't been afraid to take on my own political party during the course of this campaign. I've said that while my party should continue to advocate for a woman's right to choose, marriage equality, expanding access to health care, pay equality, and other progressive principles, we must also recognize that this is an era for fiscal responsibility. I believe, just as John F. Kennedy did, that government should be limited yet effective. That will be the guiding principle of my presidency. I ask for your vote so together, we can fix a broken Washington D.C. and do what's right for our country" - Vice President Mark Warner
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2017, 08:52:31 PM »

Tell me, what are the Blue Dogs Loretta Sanchez, Josh Gottheimer, and Henry Cuellar up to?
BushKerry04

« Reply #110 on: August 19, 2017, 09:11:50 PM »
« Edited: August 19, 2017, 09:13:47 PM by BushKerry04 »

Tell me, what are the Blue Dogs Loretta Sanchez, Josh Gottheimer, and Henry Cuellar up to?

It's going to be a close race. Safe to assume they all won in 2018 and will in 2020.

November 2, 2020 - Bush wins Presidency in close contest; Democrats net 1 U.S. Senate Seat,
GOP wins 3 house seats, maintains majority

Popular Vote:
Jeb Bush / Nikki Haley (R) 50%
Mark Warner / Kristen Gillibrand (D) 49%

Electoral College:
Bush (R) 274
Warner (D) 264

Exit Polling

By Ideology:
Conservative - Bush 87% Warner 12%
Moderate - Bush 49% Warner 49%
Liberal - Warner 85% Bush 14%

By Political Party
Republican - Bush 91% Warner 8%
Independent - Warner 50% Bush 49%
Democratic - Warner 87% Bush 12%

By Race:
White - Bush 61% Warner 38%
Hispanic/Latino - Warner 57% Bush 42%
Black - Warner 89% Bush 10%
Asian - Warner 54% Bush 45%
Other - Warner 85% Bush 14%

By Area:
Rural - Bush 62% Warner 37%
Suburban - Bush 59% Warner 40%
Urban - Warner 72% Bush 27%

By Region:
Northeast - Warner 55% Bush 44%
Midwest - Bush 50% Warner 49%
Rocky Mountains - Bush 82% Warner 17%
South - Bush 62% Warner 37%
Southwest - Bush 54% Warner 45%

By Income:
Under $40K - Warner 57% Bush 42%
$40K-$60K - Warner 55% Bush 44%
$60K-$85K - Warner 49% Bush 49%
$85K-$150K - Bush 58% Warner 41%
$150K-$500K - Bush 60% Warner 39%
$500K-$1 million - Bush 65% Warner 34%
Above $1 million - Bush 85% Warner 14%

By Most Important Issue:
Economy - Bush 60% Warner 39%
Debt - Bush 72% Warner 17%
National Security -  Warner 51% Bush 48%
Immigration - Warner 52% Bush 47%
Health Care - Warner 59% Bush 40%
Entitlement Programs - Bush 60% Warner 39%
Social Issues - Warner 55% Bush 44%

Is the U.S. economy better, worse, or the same today than it was in 2016?
Better 20%
Worse 40%
Same 40%

Candidate and running-mate favorability
Jeb Bush - Favorable 62% Unfavorable 22%
Mark Warner - Favorable 59% Unfavorable 24%
Kristen Gillibrand - Favorable 65% Unfavorable 19%
Nikki Haley - Favorable 67% Unfavorable 20%

Swing State / Close State Results
Ohio - Bush 51% Warner 48%
Virginia - Warner 62% Bush 37%
Pennsylvania - Warner 53% Bush 46%
New Mexico - Warner 50% Bush 49%
Colorado - Bush 52% Warner 47%
Nevada - Bush 50% Warner 49%
Iowa - Bush 52% Warner 47%
New Hampshire - Warner 53% Bush 46%
North Carolina - Bush 52% Warner 47%
Florida - Bush 65% Warner 34%
Michigan - Warner 52% Bush 47%
Wisconsin - Warner 53% Bush 46%

Biggest Landslides
Wyoming - Bush 78% Warner 21%
New York - Warner 74% Bush 25%
Utah - Bush 74% Warner 25%
Idaho - Bush 70% Warner 29%
Hawaii - Warner 68% Bush 32%

Key U.S. Senate Race Results
Colorado - Cory Garner (R) 60% Matt Jones (D) 39%
Iowa - Joni Ernst (R) 53% Christie Vilsack (D) 46%
Nebraska - Ben Sasse (R) 67% David Domina (D) 32%
North Carolina - Thom Tillis (R) 53% Roy Cooper (D) 46%
Virginia - Terry McAuliffe (D) 57% George Allen (R) 42%

morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #111 on: August 19, 2017, 10:35:18 PM »

Nice to see Bush get a presidency that was robbed of him four years prior. Here's to him winning in 2024. Interestingly enough, at the age of 67, this makes him the third oldest president elected (in this timeline) and oldest Bush elected.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #112 on: August 20, 2017, 04:38:25 AM »

It's going to be a close race. Safe to assume they all won in 2018 and will in 2020.

November 2, 2020 - Bush wins Presidency in close contest; Democrats net 1 U.S. Senate Seat,

Popular Vote:
Jeb Bush / Nikki Haley (R) 50%
Mark Warner / Kristen Gillibrand (D) 49%

Electoral College:
Bush (R) 274
Warner (D) 264

Exit Polling

By Ideology:
Conservative - Bush 87% Warner 12%
Moderate - Bush 49% Warner 49%
Liberal - Warner 85% Bush 14%

By Political Party
Republican - Bush 91% Warner 8%
Independent - Warner 50% Bush 49%
Democratic - Warner 87% Bush 12%

By Race:
White - Bush 61% Warner 38%
Hispanic/Latino - Warner 57% Bush 42%
Black - Warner 89% Bush 10%
Asian - Warner 54% Bush 45%
Other - Warner 85% Bush 14%

By Area:
Rural - Bush 62% Warner 37%
Suburban - Bush 59% Warner 40%
Urban - Warner 72% Bush 27%

By Region:
Northeast - Warner 55% Bush 44%
Midwest - Bush 50% Warner 49%
Rocky Mountains - Bush 82% Warner 17%
South - Bush 62% Warner 37%
Southwest - Bush 54% Warner 45%

By Income:
Under $40K - Warner 57% Bush 42%
$40K-$60K - Warner 55% Bush 44%
$60K-$85K - Warner 49% Bush 49%
$85K-$150K - Bush 58% Warner 41%
$150K-$500K - Bush 60% Warner 39%
$500K-$1 million - Bush 65% Warner 34%
Above $1 million - Bush 85% Warner 14%

By Most Important Issue:
Economy - Bush 60% Warner 39%
Debt - Bush 72% Warner 17%
National Security -  Warner 51% Bush 48%
Immigration - Warner 52% Bush 47%
Health Care - Warner 59% Bush 40%
Entitlement Programs - Bush 60% Warner 39%
Social Issues - Warner 55% Bush 44%

Is the U.S. economy better, worse, or the same today than it was in 2016?
Better 20%
Worse 40%
Same 40%

Candidate and running-mate favorability
Jeb Bush - Favorable 62% Unfavorable 22%
Mark Warner - Favorable 59% Unfavorable 24%
Kristen Gillibrand - Favorable 65% Unfavorable 19%
Nikki Haley - Favorable 67% Unfavorable 20%

Swing State / Close State Results
Ohio - Bush 51% Warner 48%
Virginia - Warner 62% Bush 37%
Pennsylvania - Warner 53% Bush 46%
New Mexico - Warner 50% Bush 49%
Colorado - Bush 52% Warner 47%
Nevada - Bush 50% Warner 49%
Iowa - Bush 52% Warner 47%
New Hampshire - Warner 53% Bush 46%
North Carolina - Bush 52% Warner 47%
Florida - Bush 65% Warner 34%
Michigan - Warner 52% Bush 47%
Wisconsin - Warner 53% Bush 46%

Biggest Landslides
Wyoming - Bush 78% Warner 21%
New York - Warner 74% Bush 25%
Utah - Bush 74% Warner 25%
Idaho - Bush 70% Warner 29%
Hawaii - Warner 68% Bush 32%

Key U.S. Senate Race Results
Colorado - Cory Garner (R) 60% Matt Jones (D) 39%
Iowa - Joni Ernst (R) 53% Christie Vilsack (D) 46%
Nebraska - Ben Sasse (R) 67% David Domina (D) 32%
North Carolina - Thom Tillis (R) 53% Roy Cooper (D) 46%
Virginia - Terry McAuliffe (D) 57% George Allen (R) 42%

Well I wonder if bush will win reelection so far in this timeline there is a bush curse of only 1 term
BushKerry04

« Reply #113 on: August 20, 2017, 09:09:07 PM »

U.S. Senate Minority Leader Barack Obama (D-IL)
 U.S. Senate Minority Whip Chris Coons (D-DE)
DNC Chairwoman Jennifer Granholm

January 2, 2021 - BREAKING: In unprecedented move, President-elect Bush offers 2020 Democratic ticket administration positions, both accept
WASHINGTON, DC - President-elect Jeb Bush's office announced that in a historic and unprecedented move, the President-elect offered the Democrats who opposed him in the 2020 presidential election positions in his cabinet. Bush will nominate Vice President Mark Warner to serve as the next Ambassador to the U.N. and Congresswoman Kristen Gillibrand to serve as the next Secretary of Veteran's Affairs.

January 20, 2021 - Jeb Bush sworn-in as President of the United States

The Bush Administration
Vice President Nikki Haley
Secretary of State John Kasich  
Secretary of the Treasury Armando Codina  
Secretary of Defense Ann E. Dunwoody  
Attorney General Susana Martinez
Secretary of the Interior Gary Herbert
Secretary of Agriculture Kristi Noem
Secretary of Commerce David Steward  
Secretary of Labor Tagg Romney
Secretary of Health and Human Services Mark Bertolini
Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Martin P. Connor
Secretary of Transportation Jim Boxold
Secretary of Energy John Cornyn
Secretary of Education Alberto M. Carvalho
Secretary of Veterans Affairs Kristen Gillibrand
Secretary of Homeland Security Marco Rubio
White House Chief of Staff Eric Cantor
United States Trade Representative Greg Penner
Director of National Intelligence Francis X. Taylor
Ambassador to the United Nations Mark Warner  
Director of the Office of Management and Budget Matt Blunt  
Director of the Central Intelligence David S. Cohen  
Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency Vicki Hollub  
Administrator of the Small Business Administration Carlos A. Rodriguez
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #114 on: August 21, 2017, 09:36:09 AM »

Alberto Carvalho and Carlos Rodriguez in the Cabinet?? Cool!! Good work bushkerry04, I love how fast-paced yet thorough this TL is!
BushKerry04

« Reply #115 on: August 21, 2017, 05:13:17 PM »

Alberto Carvalho and Carlos Rodriguez in the Cabinet?? Cool!! Good work bushkerry04, I love how fast-paced yet thorough this TL is!

Thank you for the great feedback!

Key events of the Bush administration, January 20, 2021 - December 31, 2023

March 15, 2021- President Bush signs tax reform legislation into law: President Jeb Bush signed into law a tax reform package that slashes the number of tax brackets from five to two and eliminates most deductions. The new law, which is a combination of proposals made by the Republican Congress and President Bush, establishes two tax rates of 8% for incomes above $35,000 and 27% for incomes above $200,000. Individuals earning above $200,000 will no longer be able to deduct for mortgages and educational expenses. The new law also reduces the corporate tax rate from 25% to 18% by the year 2025 and eliminates almost all corporate tax deductions. U.S. Senate Majority Leader Lisa Murkowski and House Speaker Paul Ryan were the sponsors of the legislation, which the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office says will cost taxpayers $700 billion over an eight year period. However, the CBO also said the proposal will create 10 million new jobs and generate budget surpluses by the year 2031 if spending remains flat.
June 27, 2021- President Bush signs sweeping education reform into law: President Bush signed into law bi-partisan legislation that used federal taxpayer dollars to increase funding for school vouchers in the 10% of poorest school districts in the nation while also increasing federal funding for special education. The $20 billion proposal will help 80% of students with special needs either get extra help in the classroom or receive a voucher for an alternative school. The 20% of children excluded from the legislation are already receiving aid. The legislation, which was written by the Bush administration in conjunction with House Speaker Paul Ryan, Senate Majority Leader Lisa Murkowski, House Democrat Jim Clyburn of South Carolina, and Senate Democrat Bob Casey Jr. of Pennsylvania. Only 17 house democrats and 3 senate democrats opposed the legislation.   
October 19, 2021- President Bush calls on Congress to pass a constitutional balanced budget amendment, to be ratified by 2025: President Bush presented Congress with a plan to balance the federal budget in the year 2022 and called on Congress to pass the proposal and a constitutional balanced budget amendment to be voted on by states by 2025. Bush's proposal would reduce farm subsidies, freeze social spending in light of economic growth, and stop scheduled increases in the defense budget. 
December 15, 2021- President Bush vetoes a Republican bill to increase deportations of undocumented immigrants, wins praise from Democrats: President Jeb Bush vetoed legislation sponsored by U.S. Senator Richard Shelby and Congressman Steve King of Iowa that would authorize ICE agents to increase the speed in which they deport undocumented immigrants. Democrats and several Republicans opposed the legislation. Bush vetoed the bill, arguing that illegal border crossings have been reduced by over 50% in the last decade and that the number of those in the U.S. illegally are at a 30-year low.
February 5, 2022- With the U.S. economy in recovery, President Bush calls on Congress to overhaul nation's welfare system: Citing the creation of over 3.7 million jobs since he took office, President Bush called on Congress to block-grant welfare to states and cap the unemployment insurance program so that workers would have less taken out of their paycheck, but that they'd also use the program for a shorter period of time.
August 21, 2022- President Bush announces a deregulation of the natural gas industry, support for solar energy to meet 2024 goal of ending U.S. dependence on foreign sources of energy: President Bush announced that his administration would scale back regulations not related to health or safety with regards to the natural gas industry in order to meet a goal set forth by Former President Mitt Romney that seeks to end U.S. dependence on foreign sources of energy by 2024. House and Senate Democrats joined scientists and environmentalists in criticizing the move, arguing states can't regulate the fracking industry and natural gas. However, Democrats praised Bush for also announcing that he would support efforts by House Democrats to help invest $2.5 billion in Department of Energy funds to help the solar industry purchase wind farms off the coast of several northeastern states.
November 7, 2022 - Republicans maintain control of Congress; +1 in House, +1 in U.S. Senate: The makeup of both houses of Congress will remain virtually the same in 2023 as it has been since 2021. Republicans won the house seat formerly held by now Secretary of Veteran's Affairs Kristen Gillibrand. In the U.S. Senate, the only incumbent to lose was Democrat Catherine Cortez-Mastro, who lost to Former Governor Brian Sandoval by a margin of 53%-46%. Sandoval is a close ally of President Jeb Bush.

December 15, 2022 - Poll: Bush in strong position for re-election, Democratic field remains wide open

Bush Approval
Approve: 57%
Disapprove: 31%

Democratic Nomination
Dan Malloy 15%
Barack Obama 10%
Chris Coons 10%
Phil Murphy 9%
Amy Klobuchar 7%
Roy Copper 5%
Bill DeBlasio 5%
Undecided 40%

General Election Match-Ups
Jeb Bush 48% Dan Malloy 42%
Jeb Bush 47% Barack Obama 44%
Jeb Bush 47% Chris Coons 44%
Jeb Bush 49% Phil Murphy 42%
Jeb Bush 47% Amy Klobuchar 45%
Jeb Bush 48% Roy Copper 43%
Jeb Bush 51% Bill DeBlasio 38%

January 15, 2023 - Phil Murphy announces candidacy for President

NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ - Governor of New Jersey Phil Murphy became the first Democrat to enter the 2024 presidential race during a speech at Rutgers University in New Jersey. "I'm running for President to use my experience in business, as John Kerry's Ambassador to Germany, and as Governor of New Jersey to advance the progressive cause in America," Murphy declared. Murphy called for a $17 minimum wage, expanded health care access, pay equality, more infrastructure spending, and a reversal of Jeb Bush's tax cuts for upper-income Americans.

February 12, 2023 - Roy Cooper enters race for President

MANCHESTER, NH - Governor of North Carolina Roy Cooper became the second Democrat to announce a bid for President of the United States. "Let us work as a Democratic Party to advance the cause of equality to every corner of our nation. I am running for President to ensure that every American can reach his or her God-given potential," Cooper said. Cooper applauded efforts by the Bush administration to balance the federal budget, but also argued that a balanced budget plan should also increase funding for higher education, infrastructure spending, and green energy tax credits.

March 5, 2023 - Senate Minority Whip Chris Coons announces Presidential Bid

WILMINGTON, DE - Appearing on MSNBC's Morning Joe, U.S. Senate Minority Whip Chris Coons of Delaware declared his intention to run for President in 2024. "I've decided to run for President because I believe this administration has made a series of mistakes that will prevent us from competing in the global economy long-term. We can't gut environmental regulations, sit silent on pay equality, do nothing to protect American worker from unfair trade agreements and expect this economy to grow long-term," Coons said. Coons called for a review of all free trade agreements, a reversal of Jeb Bush's policies on natural gas, a 25% tax reduction for those earning under $150,000, and the passage of a balanced budget amendment that excluded medicare and medicaid.

March 15, 2023 - BREAKING: Obama won't seek presidency, endorses Chris Coons

IOWA CITY, IA - U.S. Senate Minority Leader Barack Obama (D-IL) announced that he would not seek the 2024 Democratic Presidential Nomination and announced his support for Chris Coons. "As leader of the Democratic Party in the U.S. Senate, I've put together an ambitious agenda that I want to see passed. Therefore, I will not run for President and will support my good friend and partner Chris Coons for President," Obama declared.

Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #116 on: August 21, 2017, 07:36:43 PM »

Dang obama is throwing away his last chance to win he is 63 in the timeline by 2028 he will be 67 even if does run it won't mean anything the reason he won in the first place was because he was young hip and cool a 67 year old guy is not hip and cool
BushKerry04

« Reply #117 on: August 22, 2017, 10:10:17 PM »

Dang obama is throwing away his last chance to win he is 63 in the timeline by 2028 he will be 67 even if does run it won't mean anything the reason he won in the first place was because he was young hip and cool a 67 year old guy is not hip and cool

Aren't Ron Paul and Bernie Sanders considered hip and cool haha.

March 27, 2023 - Dan Malloy enters Presidential Race

NEW HAVEN, CT - Former Governor of Connecticut Dan Malloy announced his second bid for the Democratic Presidential nomination at a rally in his home state. "The time has come for Democrats to defend our progressive values and stand tall for equality, inclusion, justice, and peace," Malloy stated. Malloy called for a 40% tax rate on incomes above $500,000 to pay for universal health care, interest-free student loans, and investments in green energy, infrastructure, and urban revitalization.

April 10, 2023 - DeBlasio running for President

NEW YORK, NY - Mayor of New York City Bill DeBlasio declared his intention to run for President in 2024. "I'm running for President because America needs new leadership, leadership that is serious about strengthening the social safety net, making government more accountable, and restoring an American foreign policy where we lead on human rights and climate change," DeBlasio said. DeBlasio said his top priorities if elected would be public financing of all federal elections, reversing President Bush's cuts to unemployment insurance, and leading an international effort to combat human trafficking, climate change, and extremism.

May 12, 2023 - Klobuchar running for President

WASHINGTON, DC - U.S. Senator Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) told CNN's Anderson Cooper that she would seek the 2024 Democratic Presidential Nomination. "I've decided to run for President because I've been one of the few Democrats who has opposed President Bush when he's wrong, but who actually worked with the administration on occasion when I agreed with them. As Democrats, we have to offer Americans alternatives to the Republican agenda," Klobuchar said. The Minnesota Senator said she'd fight to balance the federal budget by reversing tax breaks for the wealthy, fund infrastructure projects through a 15-cent per gallon gas tax hike, expand paid sick leave to all workers, and eliminate the alternative minimum tax.

June 1, 2023 - Bel Edwards running for President

NEW ORLEANS, LA - Governor of Louisiana John Bel Edwards declared his intention to run for President in 2024. "Americans are tired of both political parties and want a leader who will get things done for our families and our future," the moderate southern Democrat declared. Bel Edwards voiced support for a $15 minimum wage, tougher environmental regulations, pay equality, and a constitutional balanced budget amendment.

Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #118 on: August 25, 2017, 12:34:36 PM »

Bump
BushKerry04

« Reply #119 on: August 26, 2017, 10:22:38 PM »

My apologies, I had a rather hectic week.

August 21, 2023 - Democrats debate, trade barbs during first debate

"I'm running for President because what the American people deserve is leadership committed to equality, justice, and peace. As Governor of Connecticut, I worked hard to implement policies aimed at achieving those goals. We improved public schools by raising standards, increased the minimum wage to give working families a fair chance at the American dream, expanded health care access for the most vulnerable in our state, defended the rights of the LGBT community, and we enforced environmental laws this administration has ignored. As Democrats, we have to stand tall for our progressive values. That's why I've put forth proposals to make college more affordable, provide health care to every American, ensure women make the same income as men for doing the same work, combat the climate crisis through a cap and trade system, enact sweeping criminal justice reform, reform our broken campaign finance system, by ensuring the minimum wage keeps pace with inflation. I look forward to comparing my record and vision for the country with that of President Bush. President Bush has neglected our public schools, reversed policies to combat the climate crisis, underfunded infrastructure investments, and he's actually cut funding for pell grants. It's time for a change, for a real progressive. A lot of candidates talk about their progressive values, but I've actually led and am ready to do so as President of the United States." - Dan Malloy

"I was born into a family that I like to say was middle-class on a good day. With the help of supporting parents and teachers, through hard work, and thanks to leaders who had my back, I was able to get a college education and start a career in business. I later became an executive who learned how economies work. I later helped start charities for troubled teens and victims of domestic abuse, build a stronger Democratic Party, and I had the honor to serve this country as John Kerry's Ambassador to Germany. As Governor of New Jersey, I fought to expand access for women's health care, for a higher minimum wage, to invest in improving our state's infrastructure, and to end corporate tax giveaways so we could provide incentives for small businesses to create jobs in the poorest parts of our state. My experience in the private sector, as a diplomat, and as Governor of a state prepares me to lead our country. I'm committed to combating the climate crisis, raising the federal minimum wage, closing the gap between rich and poor, and investing in infrastructure, education, and health care" - Phil Murphy

"As Democrats, we share progressive values and ideals. I am a strong believer that we can defend our progressive values, but that we must also be pragmatic if we want to advance those values and win elections. I'm the only candidate in this race for President who has won elections in a deep red state. With all due respect to my friends up here, I don't believe the three front-runners for our party's presidential nomination can win the fall election. Americans aren't going to elect a Goldman Sachs Executive, a Washington insider, or a Governor with a history of tax and spending increases. In Louisiana, I increased funding for education, health care, and infrastructure, but I also reduced taxes for working families and reduced debt. So my approach to governing will be not to raise taxes, but to change priorities. The House Republicans have proposed a $70 billion increase in defense spending next year. I want to work with them, if elected, so we can invest $35 billion in defense, but $35 billion in funding for education, medicaid, and infrastructure. I'm not running for President to advance one political party or ideology, I'm running to serve all Americans and get things done" - John Bel Edwards

"What we've heard up here tonight is a lot of candidates touting their records and arguing they want to get things done in Washington based on those records. But I've already gotten things done in Washington D.C. and I've put forth detailed proposals to deal with the issues Americans care about. I challenged this administration when they cut funding that assisted family farms dealing with financial struggle, I opposed the President's recklessly irresponsible energy policy, and I pressured the President to oppose the Republicans assault on our immigration system, which he luckily did. But I've also worked with the Republicans to invest in our public schools, and I worked with the previous administration to hold corporate polluters accountable, to increase green energy tax credits so we can both create jobs and combat the climate crisis, and to make sure our free trade agreements are fair to the American worker. My record of results in Washington D.C. prepares me to lead America towards greater equality and prosperity for all of our people" - Amy Klobuchar

"During the course of the past four years, this administration has ignored the need to ensure our country is globally competitive from an economic standpoint. I have put forth a five-point plan to help us compete long-term. First, we have to invest in education. That means increasing the number of college pell grants, increasing funding for vocational training, and adequately funding our public schools. Secondly, we have to invest in our infrastructure. I've proposed a $500 billion investment towards infrastructure, paid for by raising taxes on the wealthiest 5% of Americans. Third, I want to see us work with our allies to combat the climate crisis, which starts with reversing this administration's energy policies so we can again create jobs in the green economy. Fourth, I support creating tax incentives for businesses of all sizes that want to invest in our poorest communities. Fifth, we have to have a comprehensive review of all trade agreements to make sure we are protecting American workers. As Democratic Minority Whip, I worked to advance these principles. I'm proud of my record and of the work I was able to do with the previous administration in protecting American workers and our environment. As President, I'll work hard to make sure our country is globally competitive and hard working taxpayers can get ahead" - Chris Coons

"What you've heard tonight from Governor Murphy, Governor Malloy, and Senator Coons may sound good, but they aren't being realistic. The Republicans in Congress aren't going to increase funding for education or infrastructure. The two Governors have never had to deal with Republicans in control of state government, and they won't be able to work with Republicans in Washington D.C. Yes, we have to defend our progressive principles. I have pledged to appoint judges who will respect Roe V. Wade and I will always defend marriage equality. But we have to be realistic when it comes to the economic policies we support. Right now, the number of Americans without health insurance is going down. Let's embrace that fact and work with the other party to ensure we continue to adequately fund medicaid and in particular, SCHIP. On education, we just passed a bi-partisan bill that has increased funding for our schools. Folks, our party can't be the party of whiners. Let's be the party that advances socially progressive causes and economic policies that promote economic development, higher wages, and a safety net people can count on. That's why I'm running for President, to get things done" - Roy Cooper

"The time has come for Democrats to not give lip service to progressive values, or to mask what we really stand for, but to actually fight for real progressive change. I think we should reverse NAFTA, have a single-payer health care system, end Jeb Bush's war on science, implement a cap and trade program, and I will fight to increase taxes on the wealthy so we can invest in education, drug rehab for non-violent offenders, and job training. The only way we are going to get these important things done is by having leaders who aren't supported by special interests, which is why I've called for public financing of all federal elections. As Mayor of New York City, I was never the darling of the special interests, nor did they support my campaigns. We improved our schools, helped the homeless, expanded health care access for our veterans, ending unconstitutional searches that disproportionately impacted minorities, and encouraged stewardship of the environment. My city has become a role-model for progressive government and I hope our country can be a leader in progressive change globally" - Bill DeBlasio

October 15, 2023 - President Bush officially launches re-election campaign

MIAMI BEACH, FL - President Jeb Bush formally announced he would seek re-election in 2024. Touting the creation of 7 million new jobs, balanced budgets, a reduction in welfare rolls, and rising educational test scores across all income tax brackets, President Jeb Bush launched his re-election campaign before an enthusiastic crowd in his hometown of Miami Beach, Florida. "Four years ago, you and I set forth to reform government and find solutions to our country's challenges. Today, thanks to historic tax reform, new free trade agreements, new energy policies, balanced budgets, and historic education reform, we are moving our country in the right direction," the President declared. The President said if re-elected, he'd work to combat the heroin epidemic, invest in infrastructure, reform the nation's complex legal immigration system, and encourage investments into medical research through the National Institutes of Health.

BushKerry04

« Reply #120 on: August 27, 2017, 10:15:39 PM »

January 2, 2024 - Endorsements Pre-Iowa

Phil Murphy
Former President of the United States John Kerry
Former President of the United States Bill Clinton
Former U.S. Secretary of State Bill Richardson  
Former U.S. Attorney General Jamie Gorelick
Former Ambassador to the United Nations Gary Locke
Governor of California Gavin Newsom
Governor of New York Andrew Cuomo
Governor of Montana Steve Bullock
Governor of Rhode Island Gina Raimondo
Governor of Michigan Gretchen Whitmer
Former Governor of New Hampshire John Lynch
Former Governor of New Jersey Jon Corzine  
Former Governor of Vermont Howard Dean
U.S. Senator Cory Booker (D-NJ)
U.S. Senator Kamala Harris (D-CA)
U.S. Senator Chris Van Hollen (D-MD)
Mayor of Chicago Rahm Emanuel
The Entire Democratic Congressional Delegations of New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and New Hampshire

Chris Coons
Former U.S. Secretary of Defense Joe Biden
Former Director of National Intelligence Robert Mueller
Governor of Delaware John Carney
Governor of Oregon Kate Brown
House Speaker Steve Israel (D-NY)
U.S. Senator and 2012 Democratic Vice Presidential Nominee Ron Wyden (D-OR)
U.S. Senate Minority Leader Barack Obama (D-IL)
U.S. Senator Dick Durbin (D-IL)
U.S. Senator Tom Carper (D-DE)
U.S. Senator Debbie Stabenow (D-MI)
U.S. Senator Gary Peters (D-MI)
U.S. Senator Maggie Hassan (D-NH)
U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin (D-WI)
The entire Democratic Congressional Delegations of Arizona and Maryland

Dan Malloy
Former Vice President of the United States John Edwards
Former Vice President of the United States Al Gore
Former Director of National Intelligence Robert Mueller
Governor of Connecticut Kevin Lembo
U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders (I-VT)
U.S. Senator Chris Murphy (D-CT)
U.S. Senator Richard Blumenthal (D-CT)
The entire Democratic Congressional Delegations of Connecticut and California

Bill DeBlasio
U.S. Senator Chuck Schumer (D-NY)

Jon Bel Edwards
Former U.S. Secretary of Energy Joe Manchin
Former Governor of Arkansas Mike Bebe
U.S. Senator Bob Casey Jr.

Amy Klobuchar
Former Vice President of the United States Walter Mondale
Former Secretary of Agriculture Jon Tester
The entire Democratic Congressional Delegation of Minnesota  

Roy Cooper
The entire Democratic Congressional Delegation of North Carolina

January 9, 2024 - Strategy Update / State of the Race: Eve of the Iowa Caucuses

Jeb Bush: Unopposed for his party's presidential nomination, President Bush is favored to win re-election, but not with ease. The President's approval ratings are hoovering around 55% in most polls, and he continues to lead all of his potential Democratic opponents by anywhere from 4-8 percentage points. A strong economic recovery and bi-partisan education reform play in the President's favor. However, the administration's last two budgets have frozen funding for unemployment insurance, infrastructure investments, and green energy tax credits. The President's opponents have argued his administration is anti-science and against a strong safety net. This strategy seems to have been somewhat effective, as Bush's numbers amongst independents have fallen slightly in the past six months. In July, 59% of independents approved of his job performance, that number is now at 52%. Meanwhile, just 23% of independents disapproved of his job performance in July, compared with 33% now.
Phil Murphy: Murphy, who leads the field in fundraising thanks to personal loans he's made his campaign, is trying to unite the Democratic Party's progressive and moderate/establishment wings. Murphy is running a 50-state campaign and believes he can compete across the nation. The Governor of New Jersey is focused on three main themes: economic development, social justice, and American leadership globally. Polling data shows Murphy does best with the elderly, voters with at least a college education, and suburban voters.
Bill DeBlasio: Bill DeBlasio is trying to find room to the left of Dan Malloy, which most pundits say is impossible. DeBlasio is polling fourth in most polls, and his aides are quitely saying he's only in the race to make a point, not to win the nomination. However, polling data shows DeBlasio is tied with Malloy amongst minority voters and competes with Malloy with urban voters. The DeBlasio campaign lacks resources and has only placed resources in New Hampshire.
Dan Malloy: The Former Governor of Connecticut is considered the favorite of the progressive wing of the Democratic Party. Malloy is placing virtually all of his resources into Iowa and New Hampshire. Sources say that Malloy's campaign believes that as soon as Bill DeBlasio exits the race, which they believe will be after New Hampshire, Malloy will be the only true progressive in the race as others in the field compete for establishment support. Therefore, Malloy's strategy is to place in the top three in Iowa, win New Hampshire, and win the nomination by being the only choice of the Democratic Party's base. Polling data shows Malloy does best with the most liberal voters, union voters, young voters, and those concerned about social issues and economic inequality. He is also tied with DeBlasio amongst urban and minority voters.
Chris Coons: The favorite of the Washington D.C. establishment, U.S. Senate Minority Whip Chris Coons is focusing on his five-point plan to help the U.S. compete in the global economy. Coons, who polls well amongst middle-aged, moderate, and independent voters, is making the case that he is the best positioned to win the fall election. He is openly campaigning to the political right of both Phil Murphy and Dan Malloy. Coons believes that he has to place in the top three in Iowa and New Hampshire before breaking away from the rest of the field by winning South Carolina and Florida.
Amy Klobuchar: Amy Klobuchar has focused heavily on winning the Iowa Caucuses with the limited resources her campaign has. She is running to the left of Chris Coons, but to the right of both Dan Malloy and Phil Murphy, in hopes of becoming a consensus candidate down the road. Klobuchar, unsurprisingly, polls best with female voters, though her campaign is disappointed that she actually trails Phil Murphy with women by 2%.
Jon Bel Edwards: The Governor of Louisiana believes that as Dan Malloy and Bill DeBlasio compete for the progressive vote and the Democratic Party's establishment is divided between Phil Murphy and Chris Coons, he can win over rural, moderate, and independent voters in delegate-rich purple states such as Florida, Michigan, and Ohio.
Roy Cooper: The Governor of North Carolina is struggling to raise money and has over $350,000 in debt. He has told aides that if he doesn't place in the top three in Iowa, he will end his campaign.

January 15, 2024 - Phil Murphy wins Iowa Caucuses by 700 votes; Cooper ends presidential bid

Phil Murphy 25.5%
Dan Malloy 25.4%
Chris Coons 23%
Bill DeBlasio 17%
Amy Klobuchar 7%
Jon Bel Edwards 1%
Roy Cooper 1%
BushKerry04

« Reply #121 on: August 28, 2017, 01:38:17 PM »

January 23, 2024 - New Hampshire Suprise: DeBlasio defies the odds, wins primary

Bill DeBlasio 28%
Phil Murphy 25%
Dan Malloy 22%
Chris Coons 15%
Amy Klobuchar 8%
Jon Bel Edwards 1%

January 24, 2024 - Sources: After disappointing showings in Iowa and New Hampshire, Coons weighing exiting presidential race, backing Phil Murphy to "stop" Malloy and DeBlasio

CHARLESTON, SC - Multiple sources told CNN that U.S. Senate Minority Whip Chris Coons is concerned that a far-left Democratic Presidential Nominee could cost his party the presidency and congress in 2024. According to the sources, Coons believes that Democrats can't nominate Dan Malloy or Bill DeBlasio for President. The Delaware Senator is contemplating ending his presidential campaign to help Phil Murphy secure the Democratic Presidential Nomination. Coons reluctance, the sources say, is that he feels this is his year to be the nominee.

January 29, 2024 - Phil Murphy wins South Carolina Democratic Presidential Primary, DeBlasio comes in strong second

Phil Murphy 27%
Bill DeBlasio 23%
Chris Coons 20%
Dan Malloy 19%
Jon Bel Edwards 5%
Amy Klobuchar 4%

February 5, 2024 - BREAKING: Chris Coons exits Presidential Race, backs Phil Murphy for President

LANSING, MI - U.S. Senate Minority Whip Chris Coons announced that he was ending his presidential campaign and endorsing Governor of New Jersey Phil Murphy for the Democratic Presidential Nomination. "I made the decision to run for President because I felt that my agenda for America was an agenda that would win this election and put our country on a path towards a brighter future for all of us. Today, I came to the realization that voters are ready for change, but I respect the will of the people as to who they want to be the change President. That's why I am announcing that I am ending my campaign for President and supporting my good friend Phil Murphy for President of the United States," Coons declared.

February 7, 2024 - POLL: Ahead of Michigan, Florida, and Nevada, Murphy leads nationally, in upcoming states

National - Murphy 33% DeBlasio 30% Malloy 27% Klobuchar 7% Bel Edwards 2%
Michigan - Murphy 30% DeBlasio 18% Malloy 12% Klobuchar 11% Bel Edwards 2%
Florida - Murphy 30% DeBlasio 25% Malloy 25% Klobuchar 7% Bel Edwards 1%

BushKerry04

« Reply #122 on: August 29, 2017, 09:09:55 PM »

February 12, 2024 - DeBlasio wins Nevada Caucuses, Murphy wins Florida Primary; Bel Edwards withdrawals

Florida - Murphy 30% DeBlasio 27% Malloy 20% Klobuchar 12% Bel Edwards 10%
Nevada - DeBlasio 40% Murphy 25% Malloy 20% Klobuchar 10% Bel Edwards 4%

February 17, 2024 - Murphy wins Arizona Primary as Malloy wins Michigan; Klobuchar withdrawals

Arizona - Murphy 40% DeBlasio 30% Malloy 25% Klobuchar 4%'
Michigan - Malloy 33% Murphy 32% DeBlasio 25% Klobuchar 9%

February 20, 2024 - Current television ads running

"Progressive Change"
BILL DEBLASIO: I'm Bill DeBlasio, and I'm running for President to bring progressive change to Washington D.C. My campaign is not being funded by special interests, I'll leave that to others. For my entire adult life, I fought to improve schools, combat homelessness, protect our air and water, and for an American foreign policy where we are a strong voice for human rights. During my time as Mayor of New York City, I invested in math and science in our schools, expanded health care access to veterans, reduced homelessness by working with the non-profit community, and we encouraged renewable energy. I want to use my experience to change America. We have to get money out of politics, commit ourselves to fighting global warming, provide every American with health insurance, and end trade agreements that have shipped American jobs overseas. I'm Bill DeBlasio, and I approved this message because it's time for Democrats to stand up for our progressive values.

"Why"
NARRATOR: Why elect Dan Malloy President? Of all the candidates for President, only Dan Malloy has pledged to index the minimum wage to inflation, only Malloy supports single-payer health insurance, and only Malloy was voted the most progressive Governor in America.
DAN MALLOY: Why elect me President? After four years of trickle-down economics and massive overseas spending, it's time for us to invest in America again. I'm Dan Malloy, I'm running for President, and I approved this message.

"Agree"
NARRATOR 1: Newspaper editorials, pollsters, and Democratic leaders agree.
NARRATOR 2: Only Phil Murphy can beat Jeb Bush and restore economic opportunity for all Americans.
NARRATOR 1: President Bill Clinton says Murphy is the perfect combination of progressive and electable
NARRATOR 2: The LA Times says only Murphy's economic plan will bridge the gap between rich and poor.
NARRATOR 1: The New Hampshire Union Leader endorsed Murphy, arguing he has the foreign policy and executive experience to lead the country.
NARRATOR 2: Phil Murphy. Democrat for President. Fighting for Us.
PHIL MURPHY: I'm Phil Murphy and I approved this message.

"Mudslinging"
PHIL MURPHY: I'm Phil Murphy, Democrat running for President. My opponents are spending millions of dollars distorting my record. Here's who I am, and what I stand for. I was born into a family that was middle-class on a good day. I worked hard, got lucky, and went to college. I then started a career in business learning how economies work. As John Kerry's Ambassador to Germany, I advocated for American companies and strengthened a key alliance for our country. I served our party as Chairman and started charities for troubled teens and victims of domestic abuse. As Governor of New Jersey, I invested in infrastructure, education, and the environment. We raised our state's minimum wage and cut taxes for working families. I'm running for President to give all Americans the opportunities I've had. Together, I know we can raise the minimum wage, improve the quality of education, invest in our infrastructure, and create jobs in a clean energy economy. I'm Phil Murphy, and I approved this message because I'll fight for you and your family as President of the United States.

"Haley"
NIKKI HALEY: Over the past four years, President Bush has led our nation into an era of economic recovery and bi-partisan results. We've reformed our tax code and cut taxes, passed sweeping education reform that's expanded school choice and accountability, and we've moved our country towards energy independence. The results are clear. Over 8 million new jobs, three balanced budgets, record educational achievement amongst lower-income students, and we've reduced our reliance on foreign sources of energy by 30% in just four years. Another term gives us the chance to invest in our infrastructure, take on the drug epidemic, sign new free trade agreements to create jobs, and make college more affordable. Together, there is nothing we can't accomplish.
JEB BUSH: I'm President Bush, and I approved this ad.

"Clear"
NARRATOR 1: Bill DeBlasio, Phil Murphy. There is a difference.
NARRATOR 2: DeBlasio is running for President to get money out of politics. He has a plan to publicly finance all federal elections. DeBlasio supports a cap and trade system to combat the climate crisis. And only Bill DeBlasio has committed to providing health insurance to every American.
NARRATOR 3: Phil Murphy is different. Murphy's campaign is funded by Washington insiders and his old pals at Goldman Sachs. Murphy opposes meaningful campaign finance reform and has the pharmaceutical industry in his pocket. That's why Murphy opposes providing health insurance for every American.
NARRATOR 1: The choice is clear. Bill DeBlasio. Progressive Democrat for President.
BILL DEBLASIO: I'm Bill DeBlasio, and I approved this message.
BushKerry04

« Reply #123 on: August 29, 2017, 09:10:34 PM »

February 12, 2024 - DeBlasio wins Nevada Caucuses, Murphy wins Florida Primary; Bel Edwards withdrawals

Florida - Murphy 30% DeBlasio 27% Malloy 20% Klobuchar 12% Bel Edwards 10%
Nevada - DeBlasio 40% Murphy 25% Malloy 20% Klobuchar 10% Bel Edwards 4%

February 17, 2024 - Murphy wins Arizona Primary as Malloy wins Michigan; Klobuchar withdrawals

Arizona - Murphy 40% DeBlasio 30% Malloy 25% Klobuchar 4%'
Michigan - Malloy 33% Murphy 32% DeBlasio 25% Klobuchar 9%

February 20, 2024 - Current television ads running

"Progressive Change"
BILL DEBLASIO: I'm Bill DeBlasio, and I'm running for President to bring progressive change to Washington D.C. My campaign is not being funded by special interests, I'll leave that to others. For my entire adult life, I fought to improve schools, combat homelessness, protect our air and water, and for an American foreign policy where we are a strong voice for human rights. During my time as Mayor of New York City, I invested in math and science in our schools, expanded health care access to veterans, reduced homelessness by working with the non-profit community, and we encouraged renewable energy. I want to use my experience to change America. We have to get money out of politics, commit ourselves to fighting global warming, provide every American with health insurance, and end trade agreements that have shipped American jobs overseas. I'm Bill DeBlasio, and I approved this message because it's time for Democrats to stand up for our progressive values.

"Why"
NARRATOR: Why elect Dan Malloy President? Of all the candidates for President, only Dan Malloy has pledged to index the minimum wage to inflation, only Malloy supports single-payer health insurance, and only Malloy was voted the most progressive Governor in America.
DAN MALLOY: Why elect me President? After four years of trickle-down economics and massive overseas spending, it's time for us to invest in America again. I'm Dan Malloy, I'm running for President, and I approved this message.

"Agree"
NARRATOR 1: Newspaper editorials, pollsters, and Democratic leaders agree.
NARRATOR 2: Only Phil Murphy can beat Jeb Bush and restore economic opportunity for all Americans.
NARRATOR 1: President Bill Clinton says Murphy is the perfect combination of progressive and electable
NARRATOR 2: The LA Times says only Murphy's economic plan will bridge the gap between rich and poor.
NARRATOR 1: The New Hampshire Union Leader endorsed Murphy, arguing he has the foreign policy and executive experience to lead the country.
NARRATOR 2: Phil Murphy. Democrat for President. Fighting for Us.
PHIL MURPHY: I'm Phil Murphy and I approved this message.

"Mudslinging"
PHIL MURPHY: I'm Phil Murphy, Democrat running for President. My opponents are spending millions of dollars distorting my record. Here's who I am, and what I stand for. I was born into a family that was middle-class on a good day. I worked hard, got lucky, and went to college. I then started a career in business learning how economies work. As John Kerry's Ambassador to Germany, I advocated for American companies and strengthened a key alliance for our country. I served our party as Chairman and started charities for troubled teens and victims of domestic abuse. As Governor of New Jersey, I invested in infrastructure, education, and the environment. We raised our state's minimum wage and cut taxes for working families. I'm running for President to give all Americans the opportunities I've had. Together, I know we can raise the minimum wage, improve the quality of education, invest in our infrastructure, and create jobs in a clean energy economy. I'm Phil Murphy, and I approved this message because I'll fight for you and your family as President of the United States.

"Haley"
NIKKI HALEY: Over the past four years, President Bush has led our nation into an era of economic recovery and bi-partisan results. We've reformed our tax code and cut taxes, passed sweeping education reform that's expanded school choice and accountability, and we've moved our country towards energy independence. The results are clear. Over 8 million new jobs, three balanced budgets, record educational achievement amongst lower-income students, and we've reduced our reliance on foreign sources of energy by 30% in just four years. Another term gives us the chance to invest in our infrastructure, take on the drug epidemic, sign new free trade agreements to create jobs, and make college more affordable. Together, there is nothing we can't accomplish.
JEB BUSH: I'm President Bush, and I approved this ad.

"Clear"
NARRATOR 1: Bill DeBlasio, Phil Murphy. There is a difference.
NARRATOR 2: DeBlasio is running for President to get money out of politics. He has a plan to publicly finance all federal elections. DeBlasio supports a cap and trade system to combat the climate crisis. And only Bill DeBlasio has committed to providing health insurance to every American.
NARRATOR 3: Phil Murphy is different. Murphy's campaign is funded by Washington insiders and his old pals at Goldman Sachs. Murphy opposes meaningful campaign finance reform and has the pharmaceutical industry in his pocket. That's why Murphy opposes providing health insurance for every American.
NARRATOR 1: The choice is clear. Bill DeBlasio. Progressive Democrat for President.
BILL DEBLASIO: I'm Bill DeBlasio, and I approved this message.
BushKerry04

« Reply #124 on: August 30, 2017, 10:57:42 PM »

February 27, 2024 - Super Tuesday: Murphy takes 7 contests, DeBlasio wins 4, Malloy takes 1

States won by Phil Murphy
Maine
Georgia
Oklahoma
North Dakota
Alaska
Tennessee

States won by Bill DeBlasio
New York
Massachusetts
Oregon
Hawaii

States won by Dennis Malloy
West Virginia

March 2, 2024 - Malloy exits presidential race, backs Bill DeBlasio for President

HAMDEN, CT - Former Governor of Connecticut and Democratic Presidential Hopeful Dan Malloy announced he was ending his presidential bid and endorsed Mayor of New York City Bill DeBlasio for the Democratic Presidential Nomination. "A divided progressive movement can not overcome the establishment in this election. The only way we are ever going to see progressive change in Washington D.C. is through a grassroots movement. A majority of progressive voters have supported Bill DeBlasio for President, and I respect their decision. Therefore, today, I am ending my campaign for President and am officially endorsing Bill DeBlasio to be the next President of the United States," Malloy stated.

March 5, 2024 - Edwards endorses DeBlasio, says "The hopes and dreams of the progressive movement rely on DeBlasio"

CHAPEL HILL, NC - Appearing on NBC, Former Vice President John Edwards, the 2012 Democratic Presidential Nominee, told Brian Williams that Democratic Presidential Hopeful Bill DeBlasio was the progressive movement's "last chance at a victory." Edwards, who lost the 2012 election in a landslide, argued that if progressives lost the 2024 election, they would never reclaim the white house. "This truly is the last opportunity for a true progressive to win the presidency, at least for the foreseeable future. Bill DeBlasio represents a generation that started fighting for progressive change in the 1970s and frankly, we've lost too many elections. He is our last best hope for advancing the causes of equality, justice, and peace," the ex-U.S. Senator declared. Edwards also said that his 2012 election loss was a "big win" for the conservative movement. "My loss in 2012 was a big win for conservatives. That was there moment to hear the people's verdict on their policies, and 60% of Americans supported their agenda. I accept responsibility for my failure to convey what being a progressive is. I believe Bill DeBlasio can succeed where I failed," Edwards declared.

March 7, 2024 - DeBlasio wins Vermont Democratic Primary as Murphy takes Utah, South Dakota

Vermont - DeBlasio 55% Murphy 44%
Utah - Murphy 61% DeBlasio 38%
South Dakota - Murphy 50% DeBlasio 49%

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies