Giant Ziplock Baggies Full of Lambs Are Going to Change Everything
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:00:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Giant Ziplock Baggies Full of Lambs Are Going to Change Everything
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Giant Ziplock Baggies Full of Lambs Are Going to Change Everything  (Read 717 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 08, 2017, 10:44:35 AM »

link-Reason
You must be logged in to read this quote.
plus several other potential issues with this theoretical procedure.  As an anti-Luddite, I can't wait to see pictures of my first great grand child in a Zip Lock brand medical sack.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 06:37:58 PM »

As an anti-Luddite, I can't wait to see pictures of my first great grand child in a Zip Lock brand medical sack.

Even if they are decanted as a group of Deltas after the Bokanovsky Process has been done?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 08:10:19 PM »

As an anti-Luddite, I can't wait to see pictures of my first great grand child in a Zip Lock brand medical sack.

Even if they are decanted as a group of Deltas after the Bokanovsky Process has been done?

Could be the way places like Japan and SK stabilize their demographics.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 10:39:30 PM »

I had to look up a couple of things in that line and I still don't know what you mean....I don't think.  It's the "group of Deltas" part I think.  Is a "Delta" like a 4th class citizen?  Like Alphas run the roost, Betas assist them, Cucks are mocked and Deltas clean the toilets?
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 12:12:58 AM »

It will be a long, long time before this technology is approved for human use, and it will be an even longer time before it becomes even remotely mainstreamed. Considering how many people still eschew long-established methods like in vitro, I can't see this being a big thing anytime soon. Maybe not even within my lifetime, and I'm only 26
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2017, 12:58:52 AM »

I had to look up a couple of things in that line and I still don't know what you mean....I don't think.  It's the "group of Deltas" part I think.  Is a "Delta" like a 4th class citizen?  Like Alphas run the roost, Betas assist them, Cucks are mocked and Deltas clean the toilets?

In the book, children are deliberately augmented or handicapped at birth to have a certain level of physical and mental capability that determines their "rank" in society. Alphas being the elites, then Betas, etc.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2017, 01:03:49 AM »

ahhh, so no.  I expect them to also be genetically altered to be far superior, cooked a little longer so the chassis is nice and solid with a touch of tech augmentation to boot.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2017, 07:28:35 AM »

In the book, children are deliberately augmented or handicapped at birth to have a certain level of physical and mental capability that determines their "rank" in society. Alphas being the elites, then Betas, etc.

I thought Betas were just Alpha females and even they ranged from minuses (most white collar performers) to plusses (the senior people) to double plusses  (those that did thoeretical work or were at the very top)

and that Gammas were like soldiers, nurses, and skilled blue collar people, Deltas did the call center and routine stuff and Epsilons were basically cloned disabled people who probably wouldn't exist in that society because robots...or Deltas wouldn't really.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2017, 07:56:36 AM »

I thought Betas were just Alpha females and even they ranged from minuses (most white collar performers) to plusses (the senior people) to double plusses  (those that did thoeretical work or were at the very top)

and that Gammas were like soldiers, nurses, and skilled blue collar people, Deltas did the call center and routine stuff and Epsilons were basically cloned disabled people who probably wouldn't exist in that society because robots...or Deltas wouldn't really.
No, they had both sexes in all classes in Brave New World.

ahhh, so no.  I expect them to also be genetically altered to be far superior, cooked a little longer so the chassis is nice and solid with a touch of tech augmentation to boot.

Why would they alter anyone, let alone your Delta quality genome, to be superior? They only need the bare minimum of genius. Too much destabilizes society. I will agree that if Brave New World were written today, there would be a fair amount of tech augmentation because all those geegaws increase consumption and the GWP.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2017, 08:18:30 AM »

I dont think growing babies in bags will be an actual thing. Pregnancy is more complicated than just putting a fetus in a container and watching it grow. .
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2017, 08:48:01 AM »

I dont think growing babies in bags will be an actual thing. Pregnancy is more complicated than just putting a fetus in a container and watching it grow. .

I would hope people realize this before we have a generation of children with emotional and physical deficiencies from having a plastic bag for a mother.  The ability to see pregnant motherhood as interchangable with random container is evidence of a barren ideology.  It is radically atomistic in its disregard for our most fundamental human relations, Gnostic in its devaluing of our existence as creatures of nature.

Being cared for and nurtured within an actual living being in one's earliest development should be a (pre-)birth-right.  And I would say not just for humans, but for all mammals. 
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2017, 11:04:18 AM »

I would hope people realize this before we have a generation of children with emotional and physical deficiencies from having a plastic bag for a mother.  The ability to see pregnant motherhood as interchangable with random container is evidence of a barren ideology.  It is radically atomistic in its disregard for our most fundamental human relations, Gnostic in its devaluing of our existence as creatures of nature.

Being cared for and nurtured within an actual living being in one's earliest development should be a (pre-)birth-right.  And I would say not just for humans, but for all mammals. 

So. This is an identity issue, then? Its probably is so much that the technology created based on this probably looks nothing like it current logical conclusion.

I can see it maybe becoming a new type of ICU for those whom there is currently nothing to be done for.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies