Tom Coburn will work to oust Rep. Markwayne Mullin (OK-2) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:05:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Tom Coburn will work to oust Rep. Markwayne Mullin (OK-2) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tom Coburn will work to oust Rep. Markwayne Mullin (OK-2)  (Read 2809 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 08, 2017, 05:07:25 PM »

Wouldn't be surprised if Bridenstine ends up breaking his term limit promise too, lol.
Bridenstine at least is the advocate for NASA and space exploration in Congress. Mullin doesn't have any positives.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 05:54:04 PM »

Wouldn't be surprised if Bridenstine ends up breaking his term limit promise too, lol.

I would be. If there's one thing you can say about nutty right-libertarian types like Bridenstine, it's that they almost always stick to their word.

(Almost, of course, because Ron Paul exists.)

I don't get all the hate for Inhofe and Bridenstine. They seem like genuinely nice people, ignoring their pretty bad politics.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 07:57:54 PM »

Term limit pledges are broken about 99% of the time. They're really dumb.

I actually admire Tom Coburb for sticking to his, twice
This, completely agree. I'm no supporter of legislative term limits (undemocratic, can't tell people who they can't vote for), I think term limit pledges are stupid (it's basically unilateral disarming and can deprive those constituents of seniority), and if that was the only thing they broke that's no deal breaker for me. OM-02 seems like a place where the people would want/greatly benefit from seniority, which I don't see as bad at all. There's a ton of term limit pledge breakers in both chambers right now. Still, I do strongly respect people who stick with their principles.

So why can the government tell people who they can't vote for in Presidential elections? It's increasingly clear that the low profile Senators amass more power due to lack of term limits.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies