Trump Jr./Russian lawyer meeting: Jr. knew info was part of Russian Gov effort
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:17:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump Jr./Russian lawyer meeting: Jr. knew info was part of Russian Gov effort
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 28
Author Topic: Trump Jr./Russian lawyer meeting: Jr. knew info was part of Russian Gov effort  (Read 35212 times)
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: July 11, 2017, 12:54:44 PM »
« edited: July 11, 2017, 12:56:19 PM by TD »

At this point I'm going to present a unified theory that probably explains why we're witness to all this crap today. If you ever read my post - this isn't a sh*tpost, so just read it, and see if it works out logically.

Trump had never run intending to win. He intended to make a celebrity mark and then leave the race even going so far to tell Christie he would endorse him when the time came. (In which case we'd be holding impeachment hearings for Bridgegate and being too wide to fit on a beach, not this).

Evidence he never intended to be President on a serious basis? He never intended to release his tax returns under the assumption he'd never be President. He assumed that once he lost, people would ignore it and it would go away. Yes, he contemplated NY governor. Yes, he was thinking about this in 2013. But he never made the real decisions that would have made him a serious Presidential candidate. Up to two weeks before he ran he considered backing out. He had a skeletal staff at the beginning, basically Lewandowski, and a couple of people.  

So, switch over to Vladimir Putin. Putin, for his side, knew Trump had an enduring business interest in Russia. He saw Trump switching his position on Russia and had Russia contemplate a plan where he would disrupt the election via Wikileaks, weakening Hillary Clinton. Basically, the plan is to use a failed loser to sow dissent and disrupt the election and the American government. So, use Wikileaks to damage Hillary. Offer Trump damaging campaign info (because in Putin's world, this is how things go down. He's recommended House of Cards to his generals. Literally).

So, when this all went down, Trump was way behind in the polls. The GOP leadership didn't back him. He basically was repeatedly shooting himself in the foot. So, Russia reaches out, offers information, and starts working with Flynn, and other GOP operatives. Trump takes this all happily enough assuming that Putin will help him build Trump Tower in Moscow. Putin does it because he wants to weaken Hillary ahead of the Clinton White House. If Clinton went after Trump for all this, Trump would just allege "THE CLINTON DOJ IS GOING AFTER ME! PARTISAN! WITCHHUNT!"

The problem: Trump won. He flat out won when the GOP saw him at 235 electoral votes on Election Day. He told his daughter that very night that he expected bad news. It was a stunning shock when Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania returned Republican, handing him the White House.

But right after that, things began unraveling. First Flynn, then the Comey bombshells, then everything else.

And here we are.
EnglishPete

« Reply #251 on: July 11, 2017, 01:00:25 PM »

At this point I'm going to present a unified theory that probably explains why we're witness to all this crap today. If you ever read my post - this isn't a sh*tpost, so just read it, and see if it works out logically.

Trump had never run intending to win. He intended to make a celebrity mark and then leave the race even going so far to tell Christie he would endorse him when the time came. (In which case we'd be holding impeachment hearings for Bridgegate and being too wide to fit on a beach, not this).

Evidence he never intended to be President on a serious basis? He never intended to release his tax returns under the assumption he'd never be President. He assumed that once he lost, people would ignore it and it would go away. Yes, he contemplated NY governor. Yes, he was thinking about this in 2013. But he never made the real decisions that would have made him a serious Presidential candidate. Up to two weeks before he ran he considered backing out. He had a skeletal staff at the beginning, basically Lewandowski, and a couple of people.  

So, switch over to Vladimir Putin. Putin, for his side, knew Trump had an enduring business interest in Russia. He saw Trump switching his position on Russia and had Russia contemplate a plan where he would disrupt the election via Wikileaks, weakening Hillary Clinton. Basically, the plan is to use a failed loser to sow dissent and disrupt the election and the American government. So, use Wikileaks to damage Hillary. Offer Trump damaging campaign info (because in Putin's world, this is how things go down. He's recommended House of Cards to his generals. Literally).

So, when this all went down, Trump was way behind in the polls. The GOP leadership didn't back him. He basically was repeatedly shooting himself in the foot. So, Russia reaches out, offers information, and starts working with Flynn, and other GOP operatives. Trump takes this all happily enough assuming that Putin will help him build Trump Tower in Moscow. Putin does it because he wants to weaken Hillary ahead of the Clinton White House. If Clinton went after Trump for all this, Trump would just allege "THE CLINTON DOJ IS GOING AFTER ME! PARTISAN! WITCHHUNT!"

The problem: Trump won. He flat out won when the GOP saw him at 235 electoral votes on Election Day. He told his daughter that very night that he expected bad news. It was a stunning shock when Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania returned Republican, handing him the White House.

But right after that, things began unraveling. First Flynn, then the Comey bombshells, then everything else.

And here we are.
That's all internally logical. Its flat out fiction from start to finish but its internally consistent fiction at least.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #252 on: July 11, 2017, 01:02:51 PM »

And here we are.
That's all internally logical. Its flat out fiction from start to finish but its internally consistent fiction at least.

This is as close to an admission from you I'll get so I'll take it. Wink

Have a St Dick Nixon gif.

(I think his lovely wife Pat is in there).
JohnCA246
mokbubble

« Reply #253 on: July 11, 2017, 01:04:15 PM »

Are you all serious?

"If it's what you say I love it, especially later in the summer." Trump Jr. explicitly was advising Goldstone to drop info closer to the election. Like, what sort of person's reaction to "...s part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump" isn't immediately contacting the FBI?
Well let's see. When the Ukrainian government offered to help the Clinton campaign did the Clinton campaign call the FBI? Or did they actually accept the help? It was the latter wasn't it. Should they have called the FBI instead?

What gave you the idea that I have any interest in defending Hillary Clinton? If there's wrongdoing there, absolutely her campaign should be held liable. But that's not what we're talking about right now, we're talking about the demonstrably proven legal issues that Trump Jr. just admitted to to the whole world.
Its a very good illustration of how disingenuous all this fake outrage over Don Jr's alleged 'crime' is.

If someone from the Clinton campaign spoke with Ukrainian officials, mentioned opening a back-channel, perhaps at the Ukrainian embassy to avoid intelligence officials, then this person didn't disclose discussion on a security clearance interview, I would be, well.....suspicious. Then add the various previously undisclosed foreign agents in the campaign, and "Clinton" firing the FBI director "over Ukraine." I think I'd be hoping for a new Democratic president.

The cover up appears to have broken laws. Whether or not espionage or even an exchange with Russia occurred, that is another story.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #254 on: July 11, 2017, 01:13:26 PM »

A political campaign soliciting this type of service from a foreign national is technically illegal.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #255 on: July 11, 2017, 01:19:01 PM »

Adam Goldman of the NYT:

Update 2: I am still reporting.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #256 on: July 11, 2017, 01:21:34 PM »

Adam Goldman of the NYT:

Update 2: I am still reporting.

Too bad he didn't tweet "tick tick tick"!
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #257 on: July 11, 2017, 01:26:46 PM »
« Edited: July 11, 2017, 01:31:14 PM by ApatheticAustrian »

https://twitter.com/ReaganBattalion/status/884840138462957570

more pics:

https://twitter.com/ReaganBattalion/status/884841326927384576

this is btw from 2013

https://thesternfacts.com/busted-trumps-lawyer-michael-cohen-lied-he-does-have-russian-kremlin-contacts-8c61d2b95e4f
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #258 on: July 11, 2017, 01:58:42 PM »

Does that mean it's easy to see through him?
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #259 on: July 11, 2017, 01:59:04 PM »

I'd be more interested in hearing Donald Sr.'s assessment on Donald Jr.'s energy levels. Is Junior high-energy or low-energy??
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #260 on: July 11, 2017, 02:01:54 PM »

Tapper connected the dots on one thing.  Podesta's emails began coming out later in the summer.

Tapper on Twitter:

Trump Jr response to Kremlin offer of negative info on Clinton isn't just "I love it" -- it's "I love it especially later in the summer."

This honestly might be a bigger smoking gun than imagined.

For the record Mueller now can use this to flip Kushner or Manafort or Don Jr against Senior.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #261 on: July 11, 2017, 02:05:32 PM »
« Edited: July 11, 2017, 02:09:37 PM by Insert clever user name here »

Lindsey Graham and Dianne Feinstein call for Don Junior to testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee, while John Cornyn and Mark Warner want to see him testfiy before the Senate Intel Committee:

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/341489-committees-vie-to-be-first-to-question-trump-jr
EnglishPete

« Reply #262 on: July 11, 2017, 02:12:51 PM »

President Donald Trump on Tuesday defended his eldest son and said he was proud of him for releasing emails that showed he knew the Russian government was trying to feed him damaging information about Hillary Clinton.

The Russian government was trying to feed Trump damaging information about Hillary Clinton? Wow when did that happen? Or did Politico just make that bit up?
EnglishPete

« Reply #263 on: July 11, 2017, 02:17:21 PM »
« Edited: July 11, 2017, 02:28:04 PM by EnglishPete »

I have to say there's one aspect of this that shows Don Jr being a little too optimistic. He actually thought that this slob, yes that's him, might have helpful information. LOL

EnglishPete

« Reply #264 on: July 11, 2017, 02:20:33 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://twitter.com/JYSexton/status/884798748152483840

LOL
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #265 on: July 11, 2017, 02:24:39 PM »

goldstone is going to be a great character for the movie.

how i such an oddball able to influence anything? lol

and i am still of the same opinion as before - there is a high possibility that NOTHING the trump campaign did was illegal or is proveable.

but the cover-up could be a real problem.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #266 on: July 11, 2017, 02:37:57 PM »

Julian Assange‏ @JulianAssange
Contacted Trump Jr this morning on why he should publish his emails (i.e with us). Two hours later, does it himself
https://twitter.com/JulianAssange/status/884853347815235584

oh....they must be friends or smth.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #267 on: July 11, 2017, 02:40:33 PM »

goldstone is going to be a great character for the movie.

how i such an oddball able to influence anything? lol

and i am still of the same opinion as before - there is a high possibility that NOTHING the trump campaign did was illegal or is proveable.

but the cover-up could be a real problem.

We now have evidence of a senior person in the Trump campaign attempting to obtain dirt on Clinton from a foreign national... and that's the admission so far.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #268 on: July 11, 2017, 02:43:35 PM »

Let's not forget...back before this February,  we had multiple people in the Trump Administration/Campaign that said NOBODY associated with Trump ever met with ANYONE associated with Russia.

Lol
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #269 on: July 11, 2017, 02:45:02 PM »

Are you all serious?

"If it's what you say I love it, especially later in the summer." Trump Jr. explicitly was advising Goldstone to drop info closer to the election. Like, what sort of person's reaction to "...s part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump" isn't immediately contacting the FBI?

This stuff is ridiculously incriminating, and he CCed Manafort and Kushner on the whole chain.

Wait, what is this "Crown Prosecutor of Russia" business? Is he referring to the Prosecutor-General, I think it is?
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #270 on: July 11, 2017, 02:46:20 PM »

"Another shoe just dropped, as I told you weeks ago. More shoes will drop." --John McCain on the Trump JR. emails
https://twitter.com/JamesArkin/status/884823561206149122
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #271 on: July 11, 2017, 02:50:33 PM »

So it will be a scandal every other week like this from here on out?
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #272 on: July 11, 2017, 02:53:10 PM »

Are you all serious?

[img deleted for space]

This stuff is ridiculously incriminating, and he CCed Manafort and Kushner on the whole chain.

Wait, what is this "Crown Prosecutor of Russia" business? Is he referring to the Prosecutor-General, I think it is?

Perhaps he's a relative of the Nigerian Prince Trump Jr. had been corresponding with?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #273 on: July 11, 2017, 02:55:06 PM »
« Edited: July 11, 2017, 03:15:34 PM by Simfan34 »

Basically, Trump's best defense is that he was too unimportant for Putin to ever bother with him (unlike Tillerson), and that he was at best someone who only consorted with provincial oligarchs (which is what Trump, sans reality show, essentially is himself). I can't imagine him going for this argument even if it'd save him. That said, it's entirely reasonable to expect that Trump's value in the Kremlin's eyes, boosted by the potentials of his vanity and indecorousness, increased once he started leading in the primaries.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-07-11/trump-s-low-level-russian-connection
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #274 on: July 11, 2017, 03:00:28 PM »

But jfern said that the Russia story was nothing and that we all needed to focus on fellating Bernie Sanders
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 28  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies