Oklahoma Governor 2018 Smorgasbord (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:55:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Oklahoma Governor 2018 Smorgasbord (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Oklahoma Governor 2018 Smorgasbord  (Read 4434 times)
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« on: July 09, 2017, 01:26:00 AM »

Ideological positions? I understand that all Republican candidates must be conservatives for example, but there are different stripes of conservatism. And Democrats are, probably, not that far from the center (liberal will not win Oklahoma in foreseable future)?
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 02:28:35 AM »

Ideological positions? I understand that all Republican candidates must be conservatives for example, but there are different stripes of conservatism. And Democrats are, probably, not that far from the center (liberal will not win Oklahoma in foreseable future)?

I'd definitely vote for her in the general and would vote her in the primary but Oklahoma isn't going to elect a liberal black woman as their governor.

Exactly. And i have no interest in candidates, who can't win. What about other candidates?
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 04:01:56 AM »

I'd definitely vote for her in the general and would vote her in the primary but Oklahoma isn't going to elect a liberal black woman as their governor.

Exactly. And i have no interest in candidates, who can't win. What about other candidates?

Both remain pretty quiet on controversial social issues. Both (afaik) are pro-life with either A ratings or endorsements from the NRA (which I mean otherwise would practically be a death sentence here politics wise) though. Expect them to talk more about education and job creation. I don't know if there's anything major where they'd disagree on and the only reason I'd support Edmondson over Inman is that Edmondson's actually won state-wide elections before.

Thanks! And - i understand that you are a Democrat, but you surely know something about Republican candidates. Who is more "sane"?
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 04:45:22 AM »

^ More thanks! Now it's more or less clear)))))
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 09:13:27 AM »

Are there any conservative Democrats who can win statewide in Oklahoma?

There are no more "really conservative" Democrats in Oklahoma Legislature (in fact - nowhere except Louisiana, Mississippi, and, may be- Alaska and Arkansas, and even there - in very small numbers), so i doubt it. Centrists? Yes, they still do exist in small numbers. Inman and Edmonson seems to belong to that camp too...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies